Week 9: St. Ignatius

Fortunate to win that game.

Yes, it's a rivalry game on the road in crappy weather against a hungry team that gets it's star player back from injury but unless the offense gets it together X is likely looking at a Week 12 loss.

The good....
The defense bent, giving up 263 yards but just 2 TDs on 71 yard and 23 yard passes.
O'Malley with a good game: 7 tackles, 2 tackles for loss and 3 pass breakups
Napier, who didn't see action in regulation, was put in for the 1st OT as wildcat QB and carried 3 times for the 20 yards and winning 4 yard TD
Vollmer carried 20 times for 139 yards (7.0 ypc) including a 79 yard TD to cut lead to 7
Britt carried 18 times for 68 yards (3.8 ypc)
Special Teams fake punt from midfield: Golden pass to Hammond who went 49 yards for the tying TD

The not so good.....
X QBs only completed 4 of 15 passes for 48 yards (need at least twice as many completions and yards)

You may have heard the name "Paul Lammermeier" mentioned during yesterday's ESPX broadcast. For those not aware of Paul's story, he graduated from St. Ignatius in the early 60s and then taught at X in the mid 70s to late 70s/early 80s. He also started X's Community Action Program. My timeframe may be off some but in the mid-80s he left the States and went to Lima, Peru, where over the next 30 years, founded 3 orphanages for homeless kids in Lima. He received very little-to-no help from the Peruvian government and was able to support the orphanages via private donations. He held the kids to strict standards in terms of behavior, getting in school, staying in school and graduating. He enjoyed many success stories.
Paul died in Lima, August of 2022. The definition of a "Man for Others."

You may have heard the name "Paul Lammermeier" mentioned during yesterday's ESPX broadcast. For those not aware of Paul's story, he graduated from St. Ignatius in the early 60s and then taught at X in the mid 70s to late 70s/early 80s. He also started X's Community Action Program. My timeframe may be off some but in the mid-80s he left the States and went to Lima, Peru, where over the next 30 years, founded 3 orphanages for homeless kids in Lima. He received very little-to-no help from the Peruvian government and was able to support the orphanages via private donations. He held the kids to strict standards in terms of behavior, getting in school, staying in school and graduating. He enjoyed many success stories.
Perhaps the greatest man I have every met. Was a Jesuit scholastic who left the order because he believed that he could help more if he wasn't bound by the constraints of religious life. When he got the calling to move to Peru, he sold everything in the US and moved without being fluent in Spanish and did his great work. No doubt, he's a saint.

No, it's uncontrolled. Personal foul penalties early in the season lessened, but they happened throughout. Today was disgraceful. Would never have happened on a Kyle team.
Last time StX played St Igs in Cleveland they about broke the long snappers neck with a dirty play. Football is not a gentlemen's game and things are going to happen, but it still looks bad on a player/team when they ignorantly go after someone with the intent to hurt them.

Ignatius JV wins 15-6
Iggy 10 yard TD in 3rd quarter, XP no good Tie 6-6
Iggy with seconds left in the game kicks a 25 yard FG to go up 9-6
This after X had blocked an attempt but penalty gave the Wildcats another FG chance
On kickoff with no time remaining X tries the multiple backwards laterals and fumbles it into the end zone and Iggy recovers for TD on final play of the game.
Oh well onto the Varsity game at 3pm
Hey ReLoad,
What does the JV team look like?
Are the QB’s or WR’s any good?
Is there any standout defense guys

Hey ReLoad,
What does the JV team look like?
Are the QB’s or WR’s any good?
Is there any standout defense guys
I mean, top Soph QB, RB, Lineman, and a few defensive players already playing on Varsity. There is some talent there still, but alot of it is called up already.

Pablo was around at least until '86-87.

I mean, top Soph QB, RB, Lineman, and a few defensive players already playing on Varsity. There is some talent there still, but alot of it is called up already.
I’m most wondering about the QB’s and who’s gonna back up Vollmer when Herbie leaves

"I walked off the field and I had texted Steve Specht yesterday, the St. (Xavier) coach. They had a win on the road and that's a great job. He said it's better to win ugly than to lose pretty. And that was the first thing that hit me when I walked off the field today. At times it felt ugly, especially on offense."

Last edited:
"I walked off the field and I had texted Steve Specht yesterday, the St. (Xavier) coach. They had a win on the road and that's a great job. He said it's better to win ugly than to lose pretty. And that was the first thing that hit me when I walked off the field today. At times it felt ugly, especially on offense."
Specht the next Bengals DC?
Or is Zac Taylor going back to the college ranks next season and he has his eyes on the sophomore class

I’m most wondering about the QB’s and who’s gonna back up Vollmer when Herbie leaves
Herbie and Vollmer both back next season.
When Herbie leaves Brady McDonald, Thomas George, Charlie Johnston, Cam Kline?
If McDonald isn't going to play next year in the offensive backfield I would they look at him on defense because he's a tough and talented player.
Next season Vollmer, Britt and Stegbauer are back to carry the ball.

When Herbie leaves Brady McDonald, Thomas George, Charlie Johnston, Cam Kline?
If McDonald isn't going to play next year in the offensive backfield I would they look at him on defense because he's a tough and talented player.
Next season Vollmer, Britt and Stegbauer are back to carry the ball.
I'm interested in the receiver position next year. They have Betts, Shamsi and after that I'm not sure who else.

I'm interested in the receiver position next year. They have Betts, Shamsi and after that I'm not sure who else.
WR1 #26 Cam Taylor Jr. 6’1” 175lb
WR2 #13 Chase Staderman Sr. 5'9" 155lb
WR3 #82 Simeon Betts Sr. 6’1” 170lb
WR4 #22 Hayden Shamsi Sr. 6’0” 170lb
WR5 August Betz Jr. 6’1” 181lb

Last edited:
WR1 #26 Cam Taylor Jr. 6’1” 175lb
WR2 #82 Simeon Betts Jr. 6’1” 170lb
WR3 #22 Hayden Shamsi Sr. 6’0” 170lb
WR4 August Betz Jr. 6’1” 181lb
Junior WR Chase Staderman will be in the mix. Probably ahead of Betts at this point imo.

Bomber offensive plays blueprint is inked
For a typical 60 plays from scrimmage game
Herbie pass 12 times
Vollmer pass twice
Britt carry 20 times
Vollmer carry 20 times
Napier carry 5 times
Bennett 3 catches
Klare 2 catches
McClatchey and Taylor 1 catch
Following the 75% rushing blueprint

Opponent, Rush Plays, Pass Plays % Rush
Elder 56 rush 16 pass 78% rush
Trinity 42 rush 21 pass 67% rush
LaSalle 39 rush 13 pass 75% rush
Ignatius 43 rush 16 pass 73% rush
Average: 45 rush 16.5 pass 74% rush

I noticed they didn't tag or mention St. X when they released his regular season highlights yesterday, so I dug a little more. After all the social media reach K. Herbie has garnered for the team the past few years with his tweets, CGD mentions, Pat McAfee, Jake's reels and graphics, the travel itinerary clips, that abrubtly stopped early in the season (his last mention of a high school game was actually a shout-out to Moeller for the win). The guy is in media, he knows its impact so its definitely intentional. I can't imagine leaving for senior year either but there is no denying there is some tension...so it wouldn't be shocking.

C'mon! That's too rationale of a thought.
Where's your conspiracy theories, political backroom deals, and Illuminati connections?!?
We demand more drama!
That's the best part!

The elephant is definitely in the room and I'd be surprised if everything was simply status quo going into next year. These type of things always lead to some changes.