Week 6: Louisville Leopards (1-4) at Perry Panthers (3-2)

LeopardNation

Varsity
Friday, September 23
Perry 40, Louisville 14

JV
Saturday, September 24
Perry at Louisville, 10:00

Freshman
Thursday, September 22
Perry 38, Louisville 24

All-Time Series

Video Highlights Game Archive
1970: Perry 15, Louisville 13
1971: Louisville 28, Perry 12
1983: Louisville 12, Perry 7
1984: Perry 3, Louisville 0
1987: Perry 35, Louisville 0
1988: Perry 14, Louisville 7
1995: Louisville 21, Perry 13
2018: Perry 29, Louisville 12
2019: Perry 30, Louisville 28
2021: Perry 34, Louisville 14

Louisville Leopards Football Schedule

Perry Panthers Football Schedule

Last edited:

Was a part of three of these games way back (68,69,70). Was a great rivalry back then and in the 70’s and 80’s.
Perry has dominated recently, but the Leopards should not be taken lightly. Hopefully Perry does have a Jackson hangover from that heartbreaking defeat last week.

To be blunt…incompetence is the problem, and they’ve obviously decided to fall on the sword with the decisions they made pre-season. From what I understand everyone isn’t/wasn’t on board with these decisions so I’m not going to put them all in the same box. There’s an obvious problem and anyone who’s actually watched Louisville knows what it is. There’s also secondary problems that intensify the problem, like play calling…who the f runs the option to the short side with trips? By default there’s a maximum amount of players in a minimal space. It’s bad f-ing business. Why is our pistol 2 yards behind the centers butt? Nobody else’s is, maybe that’s part of the reason we have so many turnovers and negative plays from the exchange. I don’t care about losing games to Hoover or Lake, Perry, but it p!she’s me off when we come out and call the same stupid plays that don’t work, in the same stupid formations that don’t work, and nobody on the staff has the balls to stand up and make a change because their scared that it shows they were wrong.

To be blunt…incompetence is the problem, and they’ve obviously decided to fall on the sword with the decisions they made pre-season. From what I understand everyone isn’t/wasn’t on board with these decisions so I’m not going to put them all in the same box. There’s an obvious problem and anyone who’s actually watched Louisville knows what it is. There’s also secondary problems that intensify the problem, like play calling…who the f runs the option to the short side with trips? By default there’s a maximum amount of players in a minimal space. It’s bad f-ing business. Why is our pistol 2 yards behind the centers butt? Nobody else’s is, maybe that’s part of the reason we have so many turnovers and negative plays from the exchange. I don’t care about losing games to Hoover or Lake, Perry, but it p!she’s me off when we come out and call the same stupid plays that don’t work, in the same stupid formations that don’t work, and nobody on the staff has the balls to stand up and make a change because their scared that it shows they were wrong.
Similar recollections remembering sticking with a 4-2-5 defensive scheme after consistently giving up 300+ yards on the ground. At least he's consistent in the decision making process.

Similar recollections remembering sticking with a 4-2-5 defensive scheme after consistently giving up 300+ yards on the ground. At least he's consistent in the decision making process.
They do take a hell bent attitude with everything. Boggles my mind. I always thought that insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I will say this, the kids do not seemed phased by it. They still come out after the games taking photos with family and friends and doing homecoming proposals and what not. Sad day when losing doesn't seem to phase the students at all. They have gotten used to it and don't seem to understand what winning is like.

Not sure what the administration is doing to turn it around, but we need to stop scheduling the Fed and Big Red and start getting teams that we can actually play with. Coaching Staff could put together a game plan that doesnt have us turning the ball over 4 to 6 times a game.

I will say this, the kids do not seemed phased by it. They still come out after the games taking photos with family and friends and doing homecoming proposals and what not. Sad day when losing doesn't seem to phase the students at all. They have gotten used to it and don't seem to understand what winning is like.

Not sure what the administration is doing to turn it around, but we need to stop scheduling the Fed and Big Red and start getting teams that we can actually play with. Coaching Staff could put together a game plan that doesnt have us turning the ball over 4 to 6 times a game.
I just saw a Facebook post about the photo shoot we did in the new uniforms. There is some sort of delusion going on these days. I’m not sure they realize the optics of all this. The stands are empty, the product is poor, and it seems that those in charge are ok with this.

The pregame show gets me frustrated as well. I mean it looks great, but they we go out and get smoked. Just feels like we need to put more focus on the product on the field and less off the field. Losing is something they need to take seriously and get upset about. Have some pride and get angry when you lose.

Leopard football is long gone. From the high school down through Little Leopards. The foundation has always been formulated in Little Leopards. No more, it's more important to win games at all cost instead of teaching, instructing the kids. So sad to see one of the teams down to 7/8 players and have to combine teams to even be able to play a Sunday game with a non Little Leopard team. Where is the leadership from the Little Leopard board, the high school coach, the parents? The next thing we'll see is Louisville, East Canton and St Thomas combining just to form one team.

The thing is they used to be good enough to compete with the fed. Sad to see.

The thing is they used to be good enough to compete with the fed. Sad to see.
It’s not the kids that walk the halls, it’s the adults involved in the program that have led to what you see on the football field. All other sports we compete and win our fair share, because the mob isn’t involved. Girls soccer just blanked Hoover, boys soccer ranked 11 behind Jackson and Hoover, played for a district championship in basketball and baseball last year, softball state championship, superior wrestling program. You turn the keys over to the right person and football would be right up there too.

Football is different than the other sports. Everyone knows how bad Minerva is but they compete well in other sports. It is really hard to get out of this downward spiral in football. Kids stop playing to focus on other sports. Not being in a league is killing your program. No way you should be play a federal league dominated schedule. The losses pile up, younger kids lose interest and stop playing and the program suffers. Remember Louisville left the Fed 3 decades ago because they couldn't compete against bigger schools and it's like deja vu all over again. Until they fix their schedule and get in a league they will likely continue to lose..

Football is different than the other sports. Everyone knows how bad Minerva is but they compete well in other sports. It is really hard to get out of this downward spiral in football. Kids stop playing to focus on other sports. Not being in a league is killing your program. No way you should be play a federal league dominated schedule. The losses pile up, younger kids lose interest and stop playing and the program suffers. Remember Louisville left the Fed 3 decades ago because they couldn't compete against bigger schools and it's like deja vu all over again. Until they fix their schedule and get in a league they will likely continue to lose..
That’s the same regurgitated bs that the “adults” use as an excuse for the product on the field. In 2019 we beat Hoover and Green, lost on a last second field goal to Perry and lost to Lake by 10…competed in every one of those games. That’s not what’s happening now. Troy and the AD make the schedule…that’s their problem, not in a league…that’s their problem too. Nobody expects 10-0, we do expect 100% effort from all at every level, and we’re not even close to getting that. That’s why people are p!ssed, not because you lost a game to a Lake team that should make a playoff run. Because for the last 2 seasons we can’t even pick the right QB for Christ sakes, we come out with this big production and new uniforms every year and had 10 guys on the field for Lakes first TD last week. You’ll see some new uniforms tonight too, the fans are suffering and the uniform companies are laughing all the way to the bank.

That’s the same regurgitated bs that the “adults” use as an excuse for the product on the field. In 2019 we beat Hoover and Green, lost on a last second field goal to Perry and lost to Lake by 10…competed in every one of those games. That’s not what’s happening now. Troy and the AD make the schedule…that’s their problem, not in a league…that’s their problem too. Nobody expects 10-0, we do expect 100% effort from all at every level, and we’re not even close to getting that. That’s why people are p!ssed, not because you lost a game to a Lake team that should make a playoff run. Because for the last 2 seasons we can’t even pick the right QB for Christ sakes, we come out with this big production and new uniforms every year and had 10 guys on the field for Lakes first TD last week. You’ll see some new uniforms tonight too, the fans are suffering and the uniform companies are laughing all the way to the bank.
I really hope Louisville can turn it around. They have good kids there..

Hats off to the Leopards, who came out with some fire in the first half. Not sure if they threw a few new wrinkles at the Panthers, but it worked for awhile. Perry took control late in the second quarter and continued with 3 or 4 interceptions in the second half that set up scores, unfortunately one was stopped on a fumble at the 6. Good luck to the Leopards the rest of the year.