Week 3: Cardinal Mooney vs Big Red

Mooney gave up 400 rushing last week, big red loves to run the ball and they do it well. Could be lopsided but could be very close. I’ll take big red 28-14 if I had to take a stab at it

Mooney gave up 400 rushing last week, big red loves to run the ball and they do it well. Could be lopsided but could be very close. I’ll take big red 28-14 if I had to take a stab at it
Big Reds running game is elite. If Mooney gave up 400 yards last week then it could be a long night for them. Big Red wins by at least 2 scores.

If Mooney does not improve on stopping the run this one will be a blowout. They gave up 700 yards of offense to VASJ.

If Mooney does not improve on stopping the run this one will be a blowout. They gave up 700 yards of offense to VASJ.

This.

The final numbers I saw were 486 rushing yards and 202 passing yards allowed adding up to 688 yards of total offense and a 47-21 loss.

Mooney has only given up more points than that 4 times in the history of the program and one of those was in 1957 when they didn't have any seniors in the school yet. They didn't give up close to that much yardage in any of them.

You never know when a team “gets it” defensively. That said, if Mooney doesn’t get it, it could be ugly. I would expect them to load the box with as many players as possible. Hit some play action passes and we’ll be fine.

This.

The final numbers I saw were 486 rushing yards and 202 passing yards allowed adding up to 688 yards of total offense and a 47-21 loss.

Mooney has only given up more points than that 4 times in the history of the program and one of those was in 1957 when they didn't have any seniors in the school yet. They didn't give up close to that much yardage in any of them.
That’s pretty impressive to see they have so few games where they’ve given up over 47 points. How many times have they scored more than 47 points? I remember one for certain. The first Big Red playoff game in history 1981 ended in a 49-0 shellacking at the hands of Mooney. I remember thinking, ah oh, these playoffs are no joke. Another 13-2 Mooney loss in 1982 and another 13-0 loss to Ursuline and I started to wonder if we’d ever win a playoff game let alone a title. Then in 1984 we finally got passed the Youngstown hurdle beating Ursuline 8-0. Many consider that one of the biggest wins in school history. We are still climbing the hill to get to .500 with Mooney.

That’s pretty impressive to see they have so few games where they’ve given up over 47 points. How many times have they scored more than 47 points? I remember one for certain. The first Big Red playoff game in history 1981 ended in a 49-0 shellacking at the hands of Mooney. I remember thinking, ah oh, these playoffs are no joke. Another 13-2 Mooney loss in 1982 and another 13-0 loss to Ursuline and I started to wonder if we’d ever win a playoff game let alone a title. Then in 1984 we finally got passed the Youngstown hurdle beating Ursuline 8-0. Many consider that one of the biggest wins in school history. We are still climbing the hill to get to .500 with Mooney.

I think it's like 45 times but I never really tracked that to be honest. The most they ever scored was 76 against Youngstown East in 1967. The only other time they scored 70 or more was against Dover in 2011. The most points they ever allowed was 56 to Benedictine in 2014.

I think it's like 45 times but I never really tracked that to be honest. The most they ever scored was 76 against Youngstown East in 1967. The only other time they scored 70 or more was against Dover in 2011. The most points they ever allowed was 56 to Benedictine in 2014.
What was that Dover score in 2011?