Week 13 Neutral Sites

Probably - just my opinion - it is because circumstances change. I don't know when the paperwork had to be filed, but - for example - I don't imagine many schools want to host if their team is also playing that night. Or the A.D. assumed people would be willing to work the gates, concessions, etc., and then backed out.
Or it's because no one but a handful of anonymous people on this message board care :)
Nobody cares except every year there is an uproar about why this team is playing there and not here etc.
All of the games are on Friday night, on Saturday the schools put in to host and Sunday they are announced.

I like all the playoff games on Friday. Saturdays are for college football Sunday pro football. I don't like college football on Friday night, high school football on Saturdays and I don't like any football Tuesday,Wednesday or Thursday.
I mean I respect your opinion because it's your opinion but in my opinion that makes no sense because you already have less sites willing to host playoff games so then it makes it 10 times worse when all the games are on Friday so you have a limited amount of stadiums. Then it's also bad because a lot of the sites that would host playoff games their team is still playing on the same night so I felt like the OHSAA dropped the ball on that logic. Now it might be a little bit better if some of the smaller colleges would host but we don't know if they're willing to because that will open up to more options of sites that are willing to host playoff games

keep it on topic. there is no reason to banter until we can criticize the OHSAAs choices later today.

there will always be a couple of absolute head scratchers. can’t wait to hear what they are.

And this needs reiterated each year:

"The Football Administrator will select the sites for regional semi-final, regional final, and the state semi-final games. The site of all tournament games will be based upon the best site available based on TOTAL travel and the accommodations of the site. It is not our intention to have schools travel the same distance to sites. Neutral site is defined as a site that neither team plays the majority of their home contests."

And this needs reiterated each year:

"The Football Administrator will select the sites for regional semi-final, regional final, and the state semi-final games. The site of all tournament games will be based upon the best site available based on TOTAL travel and the accommodations of the site. It is not our intention to have schools travel the same distance to sites. Neutral site is defined as a site that neither team plays the majority of their home contests."

People would rather gripe about something they have no knowledge of rather than rely on the facts.

I mean I respect your opinion because it's your opinion but in my opinion that makes no sense because you already have less sites willing to host playoff games so then it makes it 10 times worse when all the games are on Friday so you have a limited amount of stadiums. Then it's also bad because a lot of the sites that would host playoff games their team is still playing on the same night so I felt like the OHSAA dropped the ball on that logic. Now it might be a little bit better if some of the smaller colleges would host but we don't know if they're willing to because that will open up to more options of sites that are willing to host playoff games
I was just responding as a lot of people won't attend Saturday night playoff games because they want to stay home and watch Ohio State, Michigan etc who are always playing late afternoon or evening on Saturdays. Even if say Ohio State plays at 3:30 time slot you will still miss the second half of the game.

I was just responding as a lot of people won't attend Saturday night playoff games because they want to stay home and watch Ohio State, Michigan etc who are always playing late afternoon or evening on Saturdays. Even if say Ohio State plays at 3:30 time slot you will still miss the second half of the game.
Well, thanks to Fox, all of the good Big 10 games are now at Noon, so that reasoning doesn't hold as much water as it used to. I mean if people would rather watch OSU, Michigan, Penn State etc play Rutgers, Indiana, Purdue or Northwestern, then they aren't really high school fans to start with in my opinion.

I know for sure that's not how it works. I think the schools are sent forms sometime during the season and they have to have them returned weeks in advance.
It would be a logistical nightmare to not know until yesterday what sites were available.
Even more of a reason to release the sites then.

Breaking news, West Branch & Canton South will be played at a neutral site in NE Ohio, not far from anywhere. Or else.