Week 13: D5 R20 #1 Valley View (11-1) vs #5 Purcell Marian (10-2)

Who wins?

• Valley View

Votes: 35 94.6%
  • Purcell Marian

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

IRLMN1999

Valley View first two playoff games were 2nd half running clocks (55-7, 49-0) while Purcell Marion cruised in their first game (55-14) but had to hold off a furious comeback attempt by Zane Trace tonight (30-28)

this game should be a dandy, winner to the regional final, thoughts?

Valley View first two playoff games were 2nd half running clocks (55-7, 49-0) while Purcell Marion cruised in their first game (55-14) but had to hold off a furious comeback attempt by Zane Trace tonight (30-28)

Valley View likely with running clock again.

Saw another person talking about PM best player being ejected. Anybody know anything about this? Is he suspended?

Saw another person talking about PM best player being ejected. Anybody know anything about this? Is he suspended?
I posted this on the SWBL thread, but if a player is ejected, that player must sit out 2 games according to OHSAA rules.

Could be trouble for PM if that is the case....

I posted this on the SWBL thread, but if a player is ejected, that player must sit out 2 games according to OHSAA rules.

Could be trouble for PM if that is the case....
Yes, it sounds like it was one of PM's best players as well.

Purcell Marian can score enough points to push VV more than they've been pushed so far in the playoffs. But ultimately, I think VV has too much offensively. I'll go with:

Valley View 42
Purcell Marian 21

PM has appealed the suspension however there is video clearly showing the PM strike the BT player with a non football act. (Threw a punch) I think the OHSAA has no choice but to deny the appeal and keep the 2 game suspension. It’s unfortunate though because he is one heck of a player

PM has appealed the suspension however there is video clearly showing the PM strike the BT player with a non football act. (Threw a punch) I think the OHSAA has no choice but to deny the appeal and keep the 2 game suspension. It’s unfortunate though because he is one heck of a player
When will they rule on the appeal?

That's how I viewed it, and expect it to be upheld. It's a shame, but you also have to control your emotions as well.

When will they rule on the appeal?
it happened on the last play of the first half @1:18:59 into the video, #18 appears to be the first player that was penalized, subsequently #77 was cited for unpsortsman like conduct. The Zane Trace vs Purcell Marian game is on Youtube if you care to watch it

it happened on the last play of the first half @1:18:59 into the video, #18 appears to be the first player that was penalized, subsequently #77 was cited for unpsortsman like conduct. The Zane Trace vs Purcell Marian game is on Youtube if you care to watch it
Is that the Purcell crowd we see as the visitors in the video?

Unfortunately, you are right. That's a sad situation. And we wonder why kids can't handle the next levels when things don't go their way.
I'm really curious as to how the PM coaching staff handled that. Obviously they appealed the decision so they aren't going to sit him but hopefully there were some consequences.

I'm really curious as to how the PM coaching staff handled that. Obviously they appealed the decision so they aren't going to sit him but hopefully there were some consequences.
Agreed. The ultimate consequence would be to sit out of the game. The fact that the coaching staff appealed it, by proxy, means that they support the activity. Like I have said multiple times....sad situation. I hope VV beats the brakes off of them and it isn't a factor

I look for the first half to be close, maybe tied 14-14 @ half or PM up by a touchdown, but Valley View will win by three touchdowns.

I expect this game to be competitive for about a half before VV pulls away. That's my gut if VV plays well. Something like:

VV 42
PM 21