Week 10

cincysports4

Last week of regular season games!

Still some conferences to be decided on who will be champs!

Monday: Wyoming at CCD

Tuesday: Loveland at Milford. Milford wins, the ECC is theirs. If Milford draws, and Anderson beats West Clermont, then Anderson and Milford share. If Loveland defeats Milford, and Anderson beats West Clermont, then Anderson wins the ECC. Lots to play for!
Ross at Bellbrook - Winner wins the SWBL Southwestern division. A Draw, and Ross wins it. (Bellbrook defeated Ross 3-1 earlier)

Wednesday: MND at Mason. (Could be a early Sectional championship preview).
Mercy McAuley at CCD
GCL COED: Badin at McNicholas. = Badin wins they win GCL Coed. A draw they could be sharing with with Alter and CJ.

Thursday: Sycamore at Oak Hills. Oak Hills wins/draw, the GMC is theirs. If Sycamore beats OH, Mason and OH would share the GMC.
Summit at Seton

Saturday: Lakota West at Anderson. Should be the sectional final preview, a week later.
SUA at Springboro.
Centerville at MND
Summit at Mercy McAuley

CHL: Madeira has Deer Park left. CHL is theirs.
GGCL: Congrats to Seton on getting their GGCL Title.
SWBL: Congrats to Waynesville! Southwestern division: Ross vs Bellbrook, winner takes that division Tuesday.
GWOC: Congrats to Centerville!
MVC: Congrats to Summit!
ECC: Milford or Anderson or both?
GMC: Oak Hills or both Oak Hills and Mason?

GGL Coed: Looking like Badin, but Mcnicholas may have something to say there.

Last edited:

CHL: Madeira has Deer Park left. CHL is theirs.
GGCL: Congrats to Seton on getting their GGCL Title.
SWBL: Congrats to Waynesville! Southwestern division: Ross vs Bellbrook, winner takes that division Tuesday.
GWOC: Congrats to Centerville!
MVC: Congrats to Summit!
ECC: Milford or Anderson or both?
GMC: Oak Hills or both Oak Hills and Mason?

GGL Coed: Looking like Badin, but Mcnicholas may have something to say there.
Seton got their first State Title before their first GGCL Title right...just something funny about that!

So Seton has NEVER won the league in soccer? I had no idea.

What I do know is, there have been many years and many boys/girls sports where a team who did not win the GCL league championship goes on to win the state championship.
No, I'm pretty sure this is their first league title since 2000.

What I do know is, there have been many years and many boys/girls sports where a team who did not win the GCL league championship goes on to win the state championship.
It wasn't as slight towards Seton at all, just an observation that it seemed funny to realize the BIG title came before the little one.

McNick and MND tied....That embodies quite the casual sequence, as did the Seton loss to Centerville. Could be an interesting Tournament.

My first year as a coach (basketball), Lasalle came in last (4th) in the GCL…and won the state title. Not many leagues (anywhere) where that could happen. Bringing this back to girls soccer, Seton’s run last year was extraordinary. Very rare for a #4 seed locally (that’s my memory) to win a state championship…especially with little history of postseason tournament success in the sport.

Sir,
My first year as a coach (basketball), Lasalle came in last (4th) in the GCL…and won the state title. Not many leagues (anywhere) where that could happen. Bringing this back to girls soccer, Seton’s run last year was extraordinary. Very rare for a #4 seed locally (that’s my memory) to win a state championship…especially with little history of postseason tournament success in the sport.
Well if the Oak Hills team I was on didn't blow a 14 point half time lead in the regional final, we wouldn't have to hear about Lasalle basketball championships of 1996.

#2 Ottawa Glandorf 4
Defiance 0

Titans win 2nd straight WBL title

Badin 2 / McNick 0

After the 2-2 tie vs MND for the lady Rockets and a big 4-0 win for Badin vs Taylor, I thought maybe this would be a great game, especially with the GCL on the line. I got there just after the game started and Badin was already up 1-0. Standing by the fence for McNicks attacking first half I feel like they just got out coached, and if they always play a 4-5-1 I have no clue how they tied MND or how they ever won a game. They just don’t attack. On occasion the wings will push up but it was rare. Maybe they have injuries and just wanted to keep the score low. But McNick was not a good team tonight. Saying that Badin was not much better. One of the dirtier, least disciplined teams I’ve seen in a while. I lost track of the fouls called against Badin and the center missed at least twice as many as he called or he just got tired of blowing his whistle. Badin’s #7 is talented on and off the ball but she can’t do it herself. McNick had one player I believe #4 that was aggressive and attacked well 1v1 but took more than one 35+ yard shot that had no prayer, but when you have no players in the attack everyone just holding back I guess that’s the option. I left with time left but ended up talking to a patient in the parking lot and though I missed the end of the game I saw the final on the score board. I was pretty excited to watch these two tonight. First real let down game I’ve seen this year.

#9 Liberty Benton 2
St Marys 2