We need to bounce back...

crusader3

It was a rough road trip to say the least. Everything went about as bad as it could have. The first drive we score, but a BULL$#@! holding call takes it away, then our kick gets blocked once again. We score and look good doing it. We get another kick blocked, have a 1 yard punt, and can't stop the maryland I backfield. We were outplayed, outcoached, and outofficiated in every aspect of that game. I didn't think the coaches did a very good job as a whole. The defense sat in the 3 down lineman look against a 2 TE, 3 back set and were going backward the whole second half. The offense ran an off tackle with Uecker every single 1st down, Blanks was never on the field until the 4th??? and the kicking game continues to struggle! This was the worst game I have seen them play all year besides the West game. Having said that we only lost by 10 to a darn good team. The coaches have done a great job all year, and the players have played hard all year. We need to get healthy and refocus our efforts to X. Something does need to be done about the special teams. I am close to calling for the jobs of the special teams coaches. For 5 years now we haven't been able to get a kick off with confidence and someone needs to held accountable. We also can't have this inconsistency with the punting. We have to be able to block on FG's, period!!! Let's end this regular season on a good note with a GCL TITLE!!! Get back to doing what you were doing!!!

I agree Moeller needs to get healthy first because I know we can beat X and win the GCL title. We'll even host a game if we do. You can call for coaches jobs after the season, let's continue to play good football now.

In 20 years of attending Moeller football games I don't know if I've ever seen any consistency in the kicking game. :)

That being said, I agree with most of your sentiments and Wheelman, one game at a time, regroup and beat X. Clearly this squad is as good as any team in the state when they play their A game. Nobody wants us in the first round (or any round, really).

GO BIG MOE! BEAT X!

BTW, word on the streets is that Moe is negotiating with UC to have Nippert Stadium as our home field for the next 5 years.

crusader3 said:
It was a rough road trip to say the least. Everything went about as bad as it could have. The first drive we score, but a BULL$#@! holding call takes it away, then our kick gets blocked once again. We score and look good doing it. We get another kick blocked, have a 1 yard punt, and can't stop the maryland I backfield. We were outplayed, outcoached, and outofficiated in every aspect of that game. I didn't think the coaches did a very good job as a whole. The defense sat in the 3 down lineman look against a 2 TE, 3 back set and were going backward the whole second half. The offense ran an off tackle with Uecker every single 1st down, Blanks was never on the field until the 4th??? and the kicking game continues to struggle! This was the worst game I have seen them play all year besides the West game. Having said that we only lost by 10 to a darn good team. The coaches have done a great job all year, and the players have played hard all year. We need to get healthy and refocus our efforts to X. Something does need to be done about the special teams. I am close to calling for the jobs of the special teams coaches. For 5 years now we haven't been able to get a kick off with confidence and someone needs to held accountable. We also can't have this inconsistency with the punting. We have to be able to block on FG's, period!!! Let's end this regular season on a good note with a GCL TITLE!!! Get back to doing what you were doing!!!

3 penalties for 32 yards against Moeller. 5 for 52 against St. Edward. This was Moeller's LEAST penalized game all year. Seems the Cleveland refs were kind on your Crusaders after seeing the huge number of penalties you guys have racked up in Cincinnati.

Have you EVER not complained about Refs in a loss?

The ref made some big calls... that went against Moeller:
The holding on the TD run, the Gaier strip that they blew, how about the sideline infraction on the 2nd play... anyway, go moe!

sehs95 said:
3 penalties for 32 yards against Moeller. 5 for 52 against St. Edward. This was Moeller's LEAST penalized game all year. Seems the Cleveland refs were kind on your Crusaders after seeing the huge number of penalties you guys have racked up in Cincinnati.

Have you EVER not complained about Refs in a loss?

Was at the game thought officiating was fair. Eds just whipped us on the LOS. And we didn't finish drives. 1/3 or 4 in red zone opportunities isn't going to cut it. We gotta focus and execute down there.

I think a major reason we are unsuccessful down there is this spread offense we're running. We need to line up in a pro set, with two backs 2 receiver and a tight end. play action on first since all we do is run on first in the spread, run on second and run/pass on third depending on down and distance. As far as i'm concerned we should go for it on 4th as well because we can't make field goals.

Defensively I think we have the talent to play whatever we want, but if the team I coached was getting blown off the ball like moe was last sat. night, then I would have 4 down linemen for sure with jones off the edge on every play. Frankie Eds was standing about 7-9 yrds deep in the backfield, bringing a fast kid off the edge could have disrupted their whole flow. Forced them to pitch away from our blitzing corner and our saftey on the other side could bottle up the pitch.

I think even with no adjustments our kids played tough, which shows how good we can be.

crusader3 said:
The ref made some big calls... that went against Moeller:
The holding on the TD run, the Gaier strip that they blew, how about the sideline infraction on the 2nd play... anyway, go moe!

The play is dead when forward progress is stopped, not when the whistle blows. The side judge was adament the play was dead.

Tell Crable to stay off the field if he doesn't want sideline infractions. Besides, it was only a warning.

It was actually a side line infraction on the team which was where it was supposed to be. While the Ed's team was clearly 2 inches away from the field.

A little late, but...

http://scoutingohio.com/Lakewood_St_Eds_vs_Moeller_2006.htm

HP2X3077.jpg

HP2X3078.jpg

HP2X3079.jpg