Way Too Early 2023 GCL-Coed Predictions/Thoughts

man o man its a great day for highschool ball for them kids tonight

cant wate to watch me some games

Trotwood Madison 35, Alter 27 - man i was at the game, them alter boys gave it up
Fenwick at Aiken - battle of the peckers. them fenwick boys drag nuts on aiken falcons
Roger Bacon at Badin fryin bacon
Chaminade Julienne at Franklin blowout like a pregame blumpkin
McNicholas at Hartley - man o man what a night for this game, someone gonne be slapped in the face, do the other slap back so its not domestic abuse
Carroll at Northwest - shoot they both not very good, slop top football right here

One could argue the guy calling a bunch of people idiots because he got his feathers ruffled by message board posts is actually the idiot. 🙂
I’m an idiot for replying I will agree with you. My feathers aren’t ruffled. It’s just silliness.

Mcnicholas in real danger of missing playoffs it looks like. Anyone got insight on what happened against Hartley

Mcnicholas in real danger of missing playoffs it looks like. Anyone got insight on what happened against Hartley
I'm too far removed to offer an informed opinion, but the dad of a senior told me before the season they'd be lucky to be 4-6. Better days ahead.

Bellbrook at Alter think bellbrook rings the bell after this one - no pun intended (giggles)
Hughes at Badin rams rams rams took a slight 1 game vacation last week, how do they come back after their bar brawl
Talawanda at Carroll patriots v brave , this game is being played on stolen land, winner takes all
Chaminade Julienne at Edgewood love me some cougars
Roger Bacon at McNicholas givin the nod to the rockets, believe elon is launching one tonight, could it be the rockets of mcnick
Fenwick at Mt. Healthy battle of the birds, believe the falcons will enter the owls nest and drag their nuts all over some owl peckers

McNicholas upsets (I guess?) CJ 35-0. Running clock in the second half. Rockets stuffed the run most of the night. Appeared they were blitzing 2-3 sometimes 4 backers on every play. CJ didn’t have an answer as apparently they have no ability to pass.The win likely gets them into the playoffs at a minimum which I thought was a concern going into GCL play. Bobo had a real nice game throwing the ball.

Wow….from potential state champions according to 10”/millennium to not even making playoffs possibly? 5-5, get them in?

GCL Coed thread has been pretty slow. Guessing some of the long time posters have lost interest as their kids got older. I’m probably hanging on cause my son is coaching with McNick freshmen.

Regarding Freshmen, does no other Coed school besides Badin who McNick beat once and plays again in a few weeks field Freshmen teams? The Rockets have almost 50 boys on the squad and they are pretty good (6-0) after beating Loveland yesterday. Two games were actually against JV teams (New Richmond, PM) The large roster is good for the future but difficult as they try to play everyone at least for a few downs. Just curious what going on with the other schools ? When my son was a Freshmen I recall playing Badin, Fenwick, CJ, Carroll

GCL Coed thread has been pretty slow. Guessing some of the long time posters have lost interest as their kids got older. I’m probably hanging on cause my son is coaching with McNick freshmen.

Regarding Freshmen, does no other Coed school besides Badin who McNick beat once and plays again in a few weeks field Freshmen teams? The Rockets have almost 50 boys on the squad and they are pretty good (6-0) after beating Loveland yesterday. Two games were actually against JV teams (New Richmond, PM) The large roster is good for the future but difficult as they try to play everyone at least for a few downs. Just curious what going on with the other schools ? When my son was a Freshmen I recall playing Badin, Fenwick, CJ, Carroll
Yea outside of Badin and McNick there aren't any freshman teams. I've been around the conf for a little over a decade and those 2 schools have been the only real consistent freshman only teams. I think that has hurt Alter and Fenwick specifically bc both have historically had the numbers to field freshman teams. Not really sure of the reasons but definitely not a good problem to have.

McNick put it on CJ, not surprised they won but shutting out CJ is no easy task. How did they do it? Turnovers, etc?

Wow! 50 Freshman out! That's crazy impressive. How big is the current freshman class at McNick? Kudos to the coaches for getting that many boys out and guessing other coaches (winter/spring sports) at McNick support their athletes doing multiple sports.

Wow! 50 Freshman out! That's crazy impressive. How big is the current freshman class at McNick? Kudos to the coaches for getting that many boys out and guessing other coaches (winter/spring sports) at McNick support their athletes doing multiple sports.
200 or so I believe. I have heard it the largest class in about 20 years.

As I said my son is coaching. It’s great to have that many kids but trying to work them into every game (and they have) isn’t easy. There are probably a dozen who have never played football before. He’s having a great time however. I’m glad he’s giving back.

Yea outside of Badin and McNick there aren't any freshman teams. I've been around the conf for a little over a decade and those 2 schools have been the only real consistent freshman only teams. I think that has hurt Alter and Fenwick specifically bc both have historically had the numbers to field freshman teams. Not really sure of the reasons but definitely not a good problem to have.

McNick put it on CJ, not surprised they won but shutting out CJ is no easy task. How did they do it? Turnovers, etc?
Yeah the CJ game was a bit of surprise at least to me. Coaches did a good job of scheming defensively. They were blitzing LBs most every play and clogging up the gaps. They blocked a punt and there may have been a fumble in there somewhere. CJ doesn’t seem to have a legit passing game, they looked lost , at least last Friday. Rockets ran just enough and really lit them up with the pass..Bobo was very accurate. I’m not sure what to expect this week at Alter. Hopefully I’m surprised again.

Yeah the CJ game was a bit of surprise at least to me. Coaches did a good job of scheming defensively. They were blitzing LBs most every play and clogging up the gaps. They blocked a punt and there may have been a fumble in there somewhere. CJ doesn’t seem to have a legit passing game, they looked lost , at least last Friday. Rockets ran just enough and really lit them up with the pass..Bobo was very accurate. I’m not sure what to expect this week at Alter. Hopefully I’m surprised again.
Alter seems to have improved. They generally struggle with good passing teams, McNick likely has the right formula to take this one imo.

Badin is improving offensively week to week and they marched up and down the field all day against fenwick. Fenwick has some nice athletes and have some big boys on the lines and did move the ball at times, but Badin mostly controlled them. This week a slaughter and then Alter, CJ and McNick to close out the regular season. In region twelve only TM or Mt Healthy would be able to hang with Badin potentially but I don’t see it. Division III is strong this year with Watterson, Ursuline and the monster favored to win each region. May be an all Catholic state semis