Way Too Early 2023 GCL-Coed Predictions/Thoughts

Bellbrook at Badin
CJ at Tippecanoe
McNick @ Massie
Indian Hill @ Alter

Should be 4 good games.

Badin should win by a few scores.
CJ in an upset win.
McNick has the toughest opponent imo, they make a game of it but go down.
Alter wins by a couple scores.

GCL goes 3-1

Fenwick in 2024 will be hard to stop....calling it now. Deep playoff run!!

Very likely would have been Region 16 Champs this year if they would have just opened it up to all teams. Lots of talent coming back.

Fenwick in 2024 will be hard to stop....calling it now. Deep playoff run!!

Very likely would have been Region 16 Champs this year if they would have just opened it up to all teams. Lots of talent coming back.
HaHaHaHa keep the laughs coming. This is priceless

HaHaHaHa keep the laughs coming. This is priceless
What you have to remember is the little falcons fans don’t really understand how the postseason works in football and what deep runs, success, etc actually is. Since most us have been alive, the lack of any sort of postseason success has been non existent.deep runs are defined by making the postseason and maybe winning a game. Yes there was that time back in 2006 or whenever when someone made a tackle, but let’s face it, getting in the playoffs is success for the little falcons, winning a game makes it a great decade. Hence why a meaningless victory in early 2022 against the real falcons is the world to them

What you have to remember is the little falcons fans don’t really understand how the postseason works in football and what deep runs, success, etc actually is. Since most us have been alive, the lack of any sort of postseason success has been non existent.deep runs are defined by making the postseason and maybe winning a game. Yes there was that time back in 2006 or whenever when someone made a tackle, but let’s face it, getting in the playoffs is success for the little falcons, winning a game makes it a great decade. Hence why a meaningless victory in early 2022 against the real falcons is the world to them
Well said.

Alter radio stated Friday that they will have all their backfield returning next season. Current QB is a Junior backs are 2 Sophomores and a Freshman. I picked Alter to win R16 before the playoffs started. Basically was a hunch but I noticed they were getting better as the season wore on. I’ve heard some Alter fans say this team is a year ahead of schedule.
GCL Coed will be interesting next year. Badin is losing 19 Senior starters, McNick has a lot returning and a rising Freshmen class with some really good talent that went 10-0 and were never really challenged. CJ always has good athleticism. Fenwick is a mystery and Carroll an enigma. Alter will be the favorite but it won’t be easy.

Alter radio stated Friday that they will have all their backfield returning next season. Current QB is a Junior backs are 2 Sophomores and a Freshman. I picked Alter to win R16 before the playoffs started. Basically was a hunch but I noticed they were getting better as the season wore on. I’ve heard some Alter fans say this team is a year ahead of schedule.
GCL Coed will be interesting next year. Badin is losing 19 Senior starters, McNick has a lot returning and a rising Freshmen class with some really good talent that went 10-0 and were never really challenged. CJ always has good athleticism. Fenwick is a mystery and Carroll an enigma. Alter will be the favorite but it won’t be easy.
Badin will have a completely new team. Yordy is a very good coach so I suspect they will win more than they lose. Alter and McNick look like the favorites on paper

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to falcon History

Fenwick is 2/3 in state title games, 9/13 in regional championships.

Nowadays, it matters who is recruiting the West Chester, Mason areas.
The last 14 meetings, Fenwick is 8-6 against Badin. Badin has won the last 5. Fenwick won 8 out of 9 before then. The difference? Yordy as a HC and Badin out recruiting Fenwick the last 5 years

Hilarious how much hatred there is for Fenwick all because of 10 inch trolling all your boomer a****

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to falcon History

The last 14 meetings, Fenwick is 8-6 against Badin. Badin has won the last 5. Fenwick won 8 out of 9 before then. The difference? Yordy as a HC and Badin out recruiting Fenwick the last 5 years

Hilarious how much hatred there is for Fenwick all because of 10 inch trolling all your boomer a****
Fenwick USED to have decent athletics until the invasion of helicopter parents.

Decade, no century for these accomplishments?

When was the last time Fenwick won a football state title??? Gotta be the 60s.

Back to back 1973, 74
Respect that, a state championship is a state championship. 2 to boot. Too bad probably nobody from those teams are around to tell us about it. But remember that time back in 2018 when the little falcons won a post season game. Whoop there it is

Fenwick has been done for over a month and irrelevant for years. Why are we talking about them? There is another GCL Coed team playing in the state semis on Friday night…..

Fenwick has been done for over a month and irrelevant for years. Why are we talking about them? There is another GCL Coed team playing in the state semis on Friday night…..
You are right...............it's just so fun to pick on the little falcons posters. I mean we have 10" and his multiple ALTER ego's referencing a supposed tackle 15 years ago, and postseason success 50 years ago. Let's turn our attention to Alter's quest for another state championship

thoughts going into this weekends state championship about the state of the coed next year...

Alter- Let's hope they can pull it off this weekend against the Ginn academy, tough nosed team. Does Ed walk off in the sunset if they win? I sure hope not, he is good for the coed.
Badin - Sounds like Yordy is here to stay, even if a big D1 job opened up. Maybe someday he'll take the jump but not anytime soon.
Carroll- Is the coach still coming back or is he gone? Haven't heard much.
CJ- They are mysterious and kept piecing wins together with that offense. The healthy wins show that this O works.
Fenwick- Who is coming back players wise? They had a lot of transfers it seemed like. Is Mueller still upset with admin since his article preseason?
McNick- Well ran program who always has their dips but seems to come on even stronger each time.

Thoughts?

thoughts going into this weekends state championship about the state of the coed next year...

Alter- Let's hope they can pull it off this weekend against the Ginn academy, tough nosed team. Does Ed walk off in the sunset if they win? I sure hope not, he is good for the coed.
Badin - Sounds like Yordy is here to stay, even if a big D1 job opened up. Maybe someday he'll take the jump but not anytime soon.
CJ- They are mysterious and kept piecing wins together with that offense. The healthy wins show that this O works.
Fenwick- Who is coming back players wise? They had a lot of transfers it seemed like. Is Mueller still upset with admin since his article preseason?
McNick- Well ran program who always has their dips but seems to come on even stronger each time.

Thoughts?
I believe coach Yordy will stick around for awhile. If not, the entire staff is made up of former Ram players except for a coach or two. His replacement would come from that group. Will likely struggle next year but won’t be down for long.

Thoughts?
People counted Badin out in '22 as well (after losing 20+ seniors from the state team). They ended up 13-1. '24 looks like a rebuild for sure in Ramland but I'll take the Fightin Yordys in many of those contests 👍

People counted Badin out in '22 as well (after losing 20+ seniors from the state team). They ended up 13-1. '24 looks like a rebuild for sure in Ramland but I'll take the Fightin Yordys in many of those contests 👍
I saw the current sophomore and Junior classes play as Frosh and there was some talent there so maybe they will step in with few hiccups ( maybe some already did this year) Also saw the current Freshmen lose twice v. McNicholas and no one stood out to me. So maybe Badin is going to take a step back for a bit In the near future. JMO. Undoubtedly after their current run Alter looks to be the team to beat in 2024.

Got this info. from another thread. It says McNick is playing Stuebenville at home week 1. I know they are on the schedule but I’d be pleasantly surprised if Big Red is going to travel 3.5-4 hours for a game. Also Week 3 is an open week, that has been Goshen or New Richmond historically maybe those schools are looking for an easier opponent. I’d like to see Clinton Massie or Indian Hill there. Also glad they picked up Purcell Marian again. The schools are less then 10 miles apart and PM has looked better recently, the Rockets should always play them.

CINCINNATI McNICHOLAS
1(H) Steubenville
2(H) Wheelersburg
4@ Cincinnati Roger Bacon
5(H) Cincinnati Purcell-Marian
6@ Dayton Chaminade-Julienne
7(H) Kettering Alter
8(H) Bishop Fenwick
9@ Dayton Carroll
10@ Hamilton Badin

10”/little millimeter falcon. Fenwick coming back to the GCL in football? With the huge Massie win in 2021 and that first round win in 2019, are they going national? 1-4 coed is quite deceiving

On the eve of Alter playing Glenville for a state title it's very refreshing to catch up on this thread and see that Fenwick is still the talk of the town.

From a player standpoint they return a lot, and will get some key guys back from injury. 2024 was always the year for Fenwick but there are a few variables. The 2023 team didn't develop like many had hoped, Mueller rumors, and injury concerns. If Fenwick is healthy and maintains continuity on the staff they should be very formidable next year. As evidenced by this thread - love them or hate them, you'll still be following along!

PS: The game winning stuff on the 2 pt conversion to win the GCL was 11 years ago not 15. We keep a bottle of Dom Perignon at Frickers and crack that open once a year on the anniversary to celebrate. It pairs well with the Frickin' Chicken Nachos

On the eve of Alter playing Glenville for a state title it's very refreshing to catch up on this thread and see that Fenwick is still the talk of the town.

From a player standpoint they return a lot, and will get some key guys back from injury. 2024 was always the year for Fenwick but there are a few variables. The 2023 team didn't develop like many had hoped, Mueller rumors, and injury concerns. If Fenwick is healthy and maintains continuity on the staff they should be very formidable next year. As evidenced by this thread - love them or hate them, you'll still be following along!

PS: The game winning stuff on the 2 pt conversion to win the GCL was 11 years ago not 15. We keep a bottle of Dom Perignon at Frickers and crack that open once a year on the anniversary to celebrate. It pairs well with the Frickin' Chicken Nachos
Finally….took some prodding and obviously I know some people at Fenwick. Let’s just say I hear that someone may have not been on the field for the last drive. A faked injury is the rumor. Not surprising

Finally….took some prodding and obviously I know some people at Fenwick. Let’s just say I hear that someone may have not been on the field for the last drive. A faked injury is the rumor. Not surprising
A fake injury? Laughable. I specifically went to that shady doctor off of Breiel to get cleared from numerous injuries (mostly concussions). Don't even remember the second half of the CJ game, didn't miss a snap.

Back in our era a fake injury wouldn't cross a Falcon's mind, guess things have changed.

The Monroe coaching thread just said that Fenwick's coach is rumored to be the next Monroe Hornet coach.

Looks like Fenwick will be looking for a new coach. Open interviews will start at Fricker's next week. lol

The Monroe coaching thread just said that Fenwick's coach is rumored to be the next Monroe Hornet coach.

Looks like Fenwick will be looking for a new coach. Open interviews will start at Fricker's next week. lol
Very interesting. I remember seeing articles in the offseason saying he wanted to continue building up the program for several years, so it's odd that he would back out after only 3 years and lackluster performances in all 3.

Guess Fenwick is just so bad that he had to leave.

I got my 500+ page Fenwick Football Manifesto laminated at FedEx this morning just in case