Way To Go Men of Moeller

UncleBaldy

You played a great game against Byrnes. Keep your heads up and keep up the hard work! We are proud of you, Cincinnati is proud of you, Hamilton County is proud of you, and Ohio (and a small part of Northern KY) is proud of you, too.

Keep playing well and you will still be playing when the regular season is over! Learn from this game and go on.

I in no way want to place blame here, but I have to question going for the field goal with 50 seconds left on a 4-1 when your kicker hasn't been lighting it up. I don't think this in anyway takes away from the amazing play, but come on Power-T, what were you thinking?

You can't say that though becuase if Moe went for it on 4th and 1 and didn't get it everyone would have been saying they should have kicked it, but since they missed the kick everyone is saying they should have gone for it. You have to kick it in that situation. Power-T called a great game!

Moeller played a great game and they need to realize they can play with any team in the country. Keep your heads up!

MTA3 said:
You can't say that though becuase if Moe went for it on 4th and 1 and didn't get it everyone would have been saying they should have kicked it, but since they missed the kick everyone is saying they should have gone for it. You have to kick it in that situation. Power-T called a great game!

Moeller played a great game and they need to realize they can play with any team in the country. Keep your heads up!

You bring up a good point. Hindsight is 20/20. If they had made the FG it would never even be an issue. This is why it so difficult to be the man in charge and why so very few are willing to do it. It takes courage to make the decisions no matter how much you know you will be crucified if things don't work out in your favor. I believe it was the right call.

Keep up the good work Moe. You deserved the victory, but in life sometimes we don't always get what we deserve. Thats what is called a life lesson. Take it out on Henderson next week, and Lasalle the week after that, then Elder, then Harrisburg . . . . .

You get the picture. Go Moe! :thumb:

Hindsight's a s$. I was absolutely going nuts when Sunderman came out there. That call in that situation made no sense, and everyone around where I was knew it. Byrnes had not stopped our rush at all. We only had to go a foot. Sunderman would be kicking from 40 yards out. We still had two timeouts. We outsized them on the line. Besides, I'm sure you've heard it before- if you can't get a foot, then you don't deserve to win. Had they gone for it and not made it, OK. THAT, not the FG, was the right decision to make in that situation. They even had a timeout to think about it. Crable and Naumann were discussing it with each other, and THAT's what they decided? C'mon coach. I've always been in Bob's corner and Naumann's for that matter, but that was dumb. The called slant towards the end of the first half wasn't much better. Other than those two, I thought the game was called well. Ross made a few bad decisions throwing into coverage, but he's still learning, so I'll have to cut him some slack there. The receivers played very well, as did the entire defense, save the couple of plays our DB's let guys get behind them. Wersel and Becker are awesome, specially Beck. DP and Jonesy also played great- and how bout that hit by GJ there in the first quarter. WOW.

RUN THE TABLE

I tell you what, if I were Lasalle I would be very, very worried about this team. Since I don't anticipate the starters staying in very long next week I think Moe is gonna just absolutely take the frustration of losing a game like this out on the Lancers. The Lasalle coaches were sitting right next to me, and they were scribbling awfully frantically.

I thought Naumann called a great game today. The only play I really was saying NO! the whole time on was when they dropped to throw 2nd and goal from the 4... which ended up in a 14 point swing for Byrnes. Other than that he had them on the heels the entire game. He was/was almost in tears after that game as were many of the coaches, they really were hurt by this loss, and I like that from my coach if I am a player. They showed a lot of emotion and really showed they care a lot about these kids...

Keep it up Moe!!!

great game Moe. Keep up the hard work. It is so easy for us to second guess but I think that Bob made the right choice on the field goal attempt at the end. Don't give up on the kid (kicker), he will come around and be a very good one. My only concern with play calling was at the end of the first half when Moe had the ball and they tried the long pass. When you have the lead and you will receive the ball starting the second half don't try something that the other team has a chance to change the score quickly. Keep playing hard!!!

wildbill044 said:
Hindsight's a s$. I was absolutely going nuts when Sunderman came out there. That call in that situation made no sense, and everyone around where I was knew it. Byrnes had not stopped our rush at all. We only had to go a foot. Sunderman would be kicking from 40 yards out. We still had two timeouts. We outsized them on the line. Besides, I'm sure you've heard it before- if you can't get a foot, then you don't deserve to win. Had they gone for it and not made it, OK. THAT, not the FG, was the right decision to make in that situation. They even had a timeout to think about it. Crable and Naumann were discussing it with each other, and THAT's what they decided? C'mon coach. I've always been in Bob's corner and Naumann's for that matter, but that was dumb. The called slant towards the end of the first half wasn't much better. Other than those two, I thought the game was called well. Ross made a few bad decisions throwing into coverage, but he's still learning, so I'll have to cut him some slack there. The receivers played very well, as did the entire defense, save the couple of plays our DB's let guys get behind them. Wersel and Becker are awesome, specially Beck. DP and Jonesy also played great- and how bout that hit by GJ there in the first quarter. WOW.

RUN THE TABLE

:clap: :clap: :clap:

wildbill044 said:

RUN THE TABLE

One question wild bill...

Did they or did they not have a chance to win the game?

By kicking the field goal they gave the kids a chance.

It was fourth and a full yard... could you imagine going for it and not getting it? Then what would you guys have said... in all likely hood they would be kicking another field goal anyway to try and win it even if they got the first down.

The kicker isn't clutch... its a shame but its true. Its the hardest position on the team and hopefully all that he has gone through will make him that much tougher when it matters in the playoffs.

Great job guys, you deserved the W.

And if you don't get a foot, you never even get a chance to kick the ball and win the game. It's the same as passing up a wide open jump shot, dribbling down the lane and throwing the ball out of bounds.

I look forward to the day Moe gets to play the team Wild Bill is coaching. Use a little common sense.

Let's see, Sunderman makes a 37 yarder and a 45 yarder last week and now this week it's a mistake to attempt a game winner from 41 yards??? Yea right! :rolleyes:

Hold your head up high Ryan. Keep working hard you have a bright future kicking the ball.

Great game Big Moe! Keep working hard and keep improving. :thumb:

monte said:
One question wild bill...

Did they or did they not have a chance to win the game?

By kicking the field goal they gave the kids a chance.

It was fourth and a full yard... could you imagine going for it and not getting it? Then what would you guys have said... in all likely hood they would be kicking another field goal anyway to try and win it even if they got the first down.

The kicker isn't clutch... its a shame but its true. Its the hardest position on the team and hopefully all that he has gone through will make him that much tougher when it matters in the playoffs.

Great job guys, you deserved the W.

They did have a chance, but they could've had a better chance had they made the foot. You will never ever convince me otherwise. By the way, it was NOT a full yard. It was a foot at best. I have the game on DVR if you want to see it. In that regard, it would have probably been down to kicking another field goal. But, I'll take my chances with a 20 yarder or a 30 yarder over a 41 yarder, wouldn't you?

Ryan not clutch? I don't know. He is only a sophomore and he does have a heck of a leg. I only hope that wasn't the decision that cost them a chance for him to make it up in the playoffs.

Overall, they did do a great job and they did deserve the W. It's a shame to see a ref blow the chance at OT by giving Byrnes the XP that was wide right. That dude should be ashamed of himself. A game that good shouldn't hinge on a bad officiating decision.

Horned Frog said:
And if you don't get a foot, you never even get a chance to kick the ball and win the game. It's the same as passing up a wide open jump shot, dribbling down the lane and throwing the ball out of bounds.

I look forward to the day Moe gets to play the team Wild Bill is coaching. Use a little common sense.

What's more likely- say given 10 attempts:
A- you pick up a foot with a quarterback sneak
B- your sophomore kicker makes a 41 yard field goal under enormous pressure.

It is in fact equivalent to passing up a three pointer, then dribbling down the lane and hitting the lay up. I don't know why you would say throwing the ball out of bounds.

Moe wouldn't play the team I coach, because I coach third graders right now and try and convince the studs to go to Moe. The other coach of my team is a Moe dad. His son graduated last year. I only have Moe at heart when I say things like that.

Getting the foot was the proper call and the common sense decision.

MoeDude said:
Let's see, Sunderman makes a 37 yarder and a 45 yarder last week and now this week it's a mistake to attempt a game winner from 41 yards??? Yea right! :rolleyes:

Hold your head up high Ryan. Keep working hard you have a bright future kicking the ball.

Great game Big Moe! Keep working hard and keep improving. :thumb:

Dude, I never thought I would see the day when you defended Bob. You know that I've always been the Crable supporter, but the choice wasn't a good one.

By the way, I love Sunderman, think the kid's got worlds of ability, but from your logic, turn it back around. He made the two FG's LAST WEEK, but THIS week, he'd already missed one and shanked an XP for the second time this year. Yeah, it's a mistake for all the reason's I've already mentioned above.:rolleyes: yourself.

You guys make me want to :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: , only with your heads to try and knock some sense, and maybe a little football knowledge, into them.

BTW, thanks Wheel for being another island of wisdom in the sea of ignorance.

What a great game and gutsy effort from the Crusaders! Way to go Men of Moe, after seeing the game on Saturday I have much more confidence that the X game will be a bit closer than last year.

Without a few key fundamental mistakes, Moe beats Byrnes by 20. Keep working on it guys, you're almost there!

Congrats to a great Byrnes team on the win, and good luck into the future.

I thought Crable made the right decision in going for 2 against HHW and I wished he would have gone for it on 4th down. Not because I didn't have confidence in the kicker but they had the time, the timeouts and they were moving the ball. I would much rather give my kicker a chance from shorter distance if I could.
If Moeller keeps improving like they have they'll be playing for the R4 title or more.