Wapakoneta vs Badin

Crazy game, feel bad for Wapak. It seems that they have a hard time closing out close games against high competition. Hopefully they learn from this and come into next season hungry!

Just got home, wow what a crazy ending. I am a Badin fan so obivsouly glad they won but man it's hard not to feel for the boys from Wapak.

I do have a question on the ruffing the punter call, was it the right call? It was pretty clear that he was running the ball, then when he realized he wasn't going to get the first he kicked it right before getting tackled, I don't know the rule but that seemed like a bad call in person. I think the ref actually called a hit to the head, but just a split second before that he was running?

Just saw the highlights. Looked crazy. Also looked like the Badin receiver stepped out-of-bounds before catching the jump ball throw down to the 5 (definitely landed in though). Catch should not have counted.
Disappointing if true. However the DB was in position to make a play and didn't. Tough way to close out a great season

Just got home, wow what a crazy ending. I am a Badin fan so obivsouly glad they won but man it's hard not to feel for the boys from Wapak.

I do have a question on the ruffing the punter call, was it the right call? It was pretty clear that he was running the ball, then when he realized he wasn't going to get the first he kicked it right before getting tackled, I don't know the rule but that seemed like a bad call in person. I think the ref actually called a hit to the head, but just a split second before that he was running?
Im thinking that once the punter/kicker makes a move like hes a runner, all bets are off. Although i believe thats an NFL rule, not sure it translates down to high school.

The signal the ref displayed was illegal helmet contact/targeting. When watching the play live, i thought same that, he is fair game since he attempted to run the ball, but then saw officials signal on the replay

Travis Moyer win a big playoff game or Draw 25:

IMG_6477.jpeg

Travis Moyer win a big playoff game or Draw 25:

View attachment 49667
Jin Tressel/James Franklin combo. Great for winning conference titles but will find a way to lose a big game in crunch time. Just can't believe in the whole second half they attempted about 3 passes. Didn't even try to keep Badin honest. Go down swinging, not running a prevent offense.
Great season Redskins. Proud of the seniors!

Jin Tressel/James Franklin combo. Great for winning conference titles but will find a way to lose a big game in crunch time. Just can't believe in the whole second half they attempted about 3 passes. Didn't even try to keep Badin honest. Go down swinging, not running a prevent offense.
Our back up QB jolly in the third quarter sprained his ankle badly could barely walk let alone back pedal to pass he was basically under center to hand off and badin stacked the box

I think it would honestly be cool to take state champs from different divisions and have them play just to see how it would go.🤔 It would either

If he is behind the line of scrimmage and in the process of kicking you can not make contact with him. It’s the reason Australia style kicking has become so popular, same rules but gives you extra time. In the same regard lineman can not release until the kick is off.

It’s a shame that Moyer and Knous were injured because Wapakoneta had no effective offense for the entire 2nd half and had to rely 100% on the defense against a very good Badin offense. The game was there for Wapak to win but fate was not kind. With the injuries the season was probably over anyway but damn! Hat’s off to a well oiled Badin machine. Celina will challenge next week but I have to think Badin will prevail.

Jim Tressel was 5-4 in national title games.