Usher set to headline Super Bowl LVIII halftime show

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Usher has been confirmed as the headliner for the Super Bowl LVIII in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The decision was announced by Apple Music Sunday morning via the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter.

"It’s an honor of a lifetime to finally check a Super Bowl performance off my bucket list. I can’t wait to bring the world a show unlike anything else they’ve seen from me before," Usher said, according to Variety. "Thank you to the fans and everyone who made this opportunity happen. I’ll see you real soon."

Wonder how much Usher is paying for this slot? Without any big names taking the NFL's $s, ala Taylor Swift, this thing is turning into a pop/rap/r&b act's investment into recapturing the limelight. Per Billboard it has been a while since he has had a big hit:

Interesting that none of the legacy rock or country acts are taking the bait to promote a new tour or album.

Wonder how much Usher is paying for this slot? Without any big names taking the NFL's $s, ala Taylor Swift, this thing is turning into a pop/rap/r&b act's investment into recapturing the limelight. Per Billboard it has been a while since he has had a big hit:

Interesting that none of the legacy rock or country acts are taking the bait to promote a new tour or album.
I thought I read somewhere that Roc Nation is working with the NFL to improve its image, and helping book halftime shows is part of the "improved" image.

Why are Super Bowl halftime shows a thing? I mean it's shorter than a concert, the acoustics are terrible. Real football fans are getting something to eat and going to the bathroom. I simply don't get it. I'd rather go to the normal 10 minute half and get the game started again.

The good thing about the halftime show is it gives non-football fans an opportunity to argue about the play on the field.

Still waiting for the day that a hard rock/metal band is the super bowl halftime show. This kind of music makes 0 sense to be playing for this type of event.

Good pick. Good singer and dancer. Charismatic personality. Will pull the 30-45 crowd. Super Bowl's in Vegas and he has a Vegas residency. Makes sense.

They're really having an usher do a halftime show?

Try It Team Usher GIF by The Voice

Why are Super Bowl halftime shows a thing? I mean it's shorter than a concert, the acoustics are terrible. Real football fans are getting something to eat and going to the bathroom. I simply don't get it. I'd rather go to the normal 10 minute half and get the game started again.
Because the whole Super Bowl experience is for the non football fan. Halftime show, brand new commercials, buying squares at work, etc. Im sure those 7 million dollar 30 second ads arent off the back of Joe 6 pack

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 36
With his long history of collaborations, I fully expect Ludacris, will.I.am and Justin Bieber to end up a part of this show.

Possibly Alicia Keys as well. He also has songs with Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z, Drake and DJ Khaled, among others.

Still waiting for the day that a hard rock/metal band is the super bowl halftime show. This kind of music makes 0 sense to be playing for this type of event.
Vegas Mayor wanted ACDC to do it!
I listen to Eddie Trunk on SXM and he always brings up how sports venues often use rock music in game, in promos, etc, but God forbid use them for halftime!

Stillers are famous for their Styx Renegade moment late in games (I was at the only known time they did it twice in a game, Browns/Playoffs, huge steelers comeback win). they have even brought styx in to do the Anthem before the game (and stay on the field to do renegade before KO).

As for who is the halftime performer....i really DGAF. I know the score, they believe it will bring in fans who may not be watching the game otherwise and to be honest, this whole TSwizzle/Kelce thing last week and increased viewing by certain demos, spiked sort of proves their point that if you bring in acts who have a following that are likely to not be watching the game then ratings get better.

I dont usually care, its time to do whatever at Halftime but if it is someone i like, i watch.

Vegas Mayor wanted ACDC to do it!
I listen to Eddie Trunk on SXM and he always brings up how sports venues often use rock music in game, in promos, etc, but God forbid use them for halftime!

Stillers are famous for their Styx Renegade moment late in games (I was at the only known time they did it twice in a game, Browns/Playoffs, huge steelers comeback win). they have even brought styx in to do the Anthem before the game (and stay on the field to do renegade before KO).

As for who is the halftime performer....i really DGAF. I know the score, they believe it will bring in fans who may not be watching the game otherwise and to be honest, this whole TSwizzle/Kelce thing last week and increased viewing by certain demos, spiked sort of proves their point that if you bring in acts who have a following that are likely to not be watching the game then ratings get better.

I dont usually care, its time to do whatever at Halftime but if it is someone i like, i watch.
Unless it is an enormous name like Taylor Swift the act has to pay to play and I doubt AC/DC will do this.

Unless it is an enormous name like Taylor Swift the act has to pay to play and I doubt AC/DC will do this.
They all have to pay and I agree, doubt ACDC will stoop to do it....

Many suspect that after Power Trip next month that ACDC will announce some sort of tour.