UNC-Chapel Hill professors threaten to withhold students' grades to support anti-Israel rioters

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1715118145660.jpeg

Every faculty member and teaching assistant that does this should immediately be fired and ordered off campus. There is no way withholding grades for this reason is protected by tenure. And if grades do not appear then FULL tuition refunds be given to any student that does not receive a grade
You sound like you think you are in charge here. LOL.

Every faculty member and teaching assistant that does this should immediately be fired and ordered off campus. There is no way withholding grades for this reason is protected by tenure. And if grades do not appear then FULL tuition refunds be given to any student that does not receive a grade.
Academia sees themselves as the high priests of the new state religion, Wokish, don't they ?

Do you think this professor was right or wrong to do this? Does it matter what cause the professor was supporting?
I think they should give the grades but to be fair, I have no idea who was arrested, why they were arrested and if it was justified or not. I dont even know if the students want their grades. As such, it’s best that the university and students decide how to handle this.

I think they should give the grades but to be fair, I have no idea who was arrested, why they were arrested and if it was justified or not. I dont even know if the students want their grades. As such, it’s best that the university and students decide how to handle this.
yes... if they were arrested, i'll go with the people who arrested them

One of these stupid better not get in my face on Friday when I watch my brother in law graduate from his Masters program

Last edited by a moderator:
Every faculty member and teaching assistant that does this should immediately be fired and ordered off campus. There is no way withholding grades for this reason is protected by tenure. And if grades do not appear then FULL tuition refunds be given to any student that does not receive a grade.
Additionally, any government aid that paid for these classes should be rescinded.

That said, hopefully the students can opt out of this. Especially if the grade will help their GPA.

Do you think this professor was right or wrong to do this? Does it matter what cause the professor was supporting?
100% wrong. Doesn't matter what the cause is.

What the professor does, or does not do, with his time and effort is between the employee and employer. But, if I am a student, my grade is an evaluation of my time and my effort and the professor has no right to hold me hostage.

Tuition refund? No! Tuition only covers part of the monetary costs and the time and effort cannot be refunded. I want the grade. This is BS.

What the professor does, or does not do, with his time and effort is between the employee and employer. But, if I am a student, my grade is an evaluation of my time and my effort and the professor has no right to hold me hostage.

Tuition refund? No! Tuition only covers part of the monetary costs and the time and effort cannot be refunded. I want the grade. This is BS.
Here you go: F-

I agree that a tuition refund alone would not be a satisfactory redress of the situation if the grade is not given to the student in a timely manner. It would be a good start though. A class action law suit brought by the students in that class, against the Professor & the University, would be the next step.

I agree that a tuition refund alone would not be a satisfactory redress of the situation if the grade is not given to the student in a timely manner. It would be a good start though. A class action law suit brought by the students in that class, against the Professor & the University, would be the next step.
First I would tell the professor that I don't care and want my grade recorded, then the next step would be to "peacefully" protest the professors, start harassing them in public, disrupt their classes, maybe takeover their offices.

Grades are irrelevant

It is much more important to identify with a minority group such as blind paralyzed transsexual native americans. You could have all kind of incompletes on your transcripts with that kind of demographic makeup

This stuff is on video with hundreds of present witnesses...but let's go with the police were just rounding up random people off the street.

I must admit I’m enjoying the pretzel twisting of the ultra liberal Jews that are getting bitten in the arse now by the woke monster they largely helped create…especially in academia. Maybe the future generations won’t be so quick to hop in bed with strange bedfellows just to push terrible social policies.