UFC 167: St-Pierre vs. Hendricks

Yellow_Jacket06

Main Card

Welterweight Championship

Georges St-Pierre defeated Johny Hendricks via Split Decision (48-47, 47-48, 48-47)

Light Heavyweight

Rashad Evans defeated Chael Sonnen via TKO (Punches) at 4:05 R1

Welterweight

Robbie Lawler defeated Rory MacDonald via Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Welterweight

Tyron Woodley defeated Josh Koscheck via KO (Punches) at 4:38 R1

Flyweight

Ali Bagautinov defeated Tim Elliot via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Lightweight

Donald Cerrone defeated Evan Dunham via Submission (Triangle Choke) at 3:49 R2

Middleweight

Thales Leites defeated Ed Herman via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Welterweight

Rick Story defeated Brian Ebersole via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Bantamweight

Erik Perez defeated Edwin Figueroa via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Preliminary Card (Facebook/Youtube/UFCtv)

Welterweight

Jason High defeated Anthony Lapsley via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Bantamweight

Sergio Pettis defeated Will Campuzano via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

Light Heavyweight

Gian Villante defeated Cody Donovan via TKO (Punches) at 1:22 R2

Last edited:

Hendricks got screwed. He beat the breaks off GSP. Dana is pissed at the Nevada commission. Meanwhile GSP says he's hanging up the gloves for awhile. Probably because he doesn't want to rematch Big Rig.

This is the biggest overreaction to a judging decision I've ever seen in either boxing or MMA. I guess when you've been champ forever people want to see you lose the belt anytime a fight is remotely close. Same thing happened with Jones but not to this extent.

GSP clearly won 2 rounds and 2 others were almost dead even in significant strikes. So Hendricks was at best a 48-47 winner and I'm just not surprised that 2 of the judges would give the 1st to GSP. Either way, there were rumblings going in that GSP was retiring after and the way he fought made that even more obvious. He clearly wanted to go out with an exciting fight which is why he totally ignored takedowns after getting one easily in the first 10 seconds all the way until the end of the fight when he was tired