TV/Movies about Ohio?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Post any tv/movies where Ohio is the main background for the show?

Last edited:

Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, Trick R Treat, Major League, Draft Day, Milk Money off the top of my head.

I forgot about Airborne loved that movie when I was a kid. Finding out in my early 20’s that Devil’s Backbone was a real street name when I started dating a girl from the west side of Cincinnati was pretty cool lol.

I forgot about Airborne loved that movie when I was a kid. Finding out in my early 20’s that Devil’s Backbone was a real street name when I started dating a girl from the west side of Cincinnati was pretty cool lol.

It was filmed a few blocks from where I grew up. My sister and I tried to go watch filming.

The Little Giants is set in Ohio.

1687654591952.png

Reactions: y2h
Teachers, staring Nicke Nolte is set in Columbus. He teaches at the fictitious JFK high school. They used Central High for filming.

Go Tigers!

Are we talking movies set in Ohio or movies filmed in Ohio?

For example, while the iconic Christmas Story house is in Ohio, the movie was set in northern Indiana. IIRC, the school where Flick freezes his tongue to the utility pole is somewhere in Canada. While the prison depicted in Shawshank is in Ohio, the book/movie setting is obviously Maine.

Some scenes from Unstoppable (2010) were filmed on railroad tracks and railroad yards around east central Ohio. At least 1 such scene was filmed in Brewster, OH (SW Stark County) which is home to a hub of operations for the Wheeling and Lake Erie Railroad. Other scenes were filmed in the Steubenville area. Brewster was essentially founded by the railroad after the turn of the 20th century.

While neither filmed nor set in Ohio, Chuck Norris' mentor in Forced Vengeance hails from Steubenville (in the movie).

Last edited: