Trump's Fake News Awards

lotr10

Trump has released his inaugural Fake News Awards and as expected CNN is the big winner!

https://pjmedia.com/trending/president-trump-released-fake-news-awards-gop-website-crashes/

In all Trump gave out 11 of his coveted Fake News Awards. And while CNN led the pack with four wins the best fake news story goes to NYT "economist" Paul Krugman:

1. The New York Times' Paul Krugman

"The New York Times' Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trump's historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover," the article, written by the GOP team, reported. Trump's victory was not a "landslide." He won 304 votes in the Electoral College to Clinton's 227 votes, and he took key states by razor-thin margins. Clinton won the popular vote 48.2 percent to Trump's 46.1 percent, but Trump still won fair and square, by the rules of the game.

As for the economy, it did not take a hit from Trump's win, so Krugman's prediction was "fake news."

This whole thing is funny but a wrong prediction is not "fake news".
When it comes from Krugman it does because if you were to ask him right this very minute he would tell you that Trump is wrong and the economy is doing terrible under him.
Similar to the crumbs comment from Nancy P.

This whole thing is funny but a wrong prediction is not "fake news".

I think Trump was referring to the fawning COVERAGE (or should I say OVER coverage) of Krugman's prediction. At the time the media treated Krugman as an economic Einstein who couldn't possibly be wrong as they repeated his "brilliant" economic insights over & over & over again!

I get that. And when the economy does go South guess who will be on a hilltop shouting it was Trump's fault? If you find humor in that you also find humor in every Fox pundit that blames EVERYTHING in Hillary and Barack. Man it just gets old. Still not Fake News.

The very best part about this was the fake news media was forced to report their own fake news awards.

Trump is awesome.

I get that. And when the economy does go South guess who will be on a hilltop shouting it was Trump's fault? If you find humor in that you also find humor in every Fox pundit that blames EVERYTHING in Hillary and Barack. Man it just gets old. Still not Fake News.

Of course the economy will go south, it always does after a while. But Krugman made a very SPECIFIC prediction, fawned over by the media, that the stock market would crash and NEVER recover because of Trump's election. It is safe to say that no matter what happens from this point out, Krugman's prediction was disastrously wrong!

Of course the economy will go south, it always does after a while. But Krugman made a very SPECIFIC prediction, fawned over by the media, that the stock market would crash and NEVER recover because of Trump's election. It is safe to say that no matter what happens from this point out, Krugman's prediction was disastrously wrong!

Most people...even liberals discounted Paul Krugmans prediction.....mainly because Presidents impact on economy is always overrated.

well Bama and the Liberals blamed Bush for EVEYTHING that was going wrong up to his last days in office.....or don't you remember?

I agree. I agreed with you previously. It still is not "Fake News".

well Bama and the Liberals blamed Bush for EVEYTHING that was going wrong up to his last days in office.....or don't you remember?

Ooooooh burn. Got me.

I remember. I remember Bush II blaming Clinton. I remember Clinton blaming Bush I. I remember a lot of things. The extreme partisanship has been disgusting for some time and you are playing right into it.

It is not about "burns" and "owning the other side". Keep in mind the media, ALL MEDIA, plays these "sides". It's more grey than black & white brother.

Ooooooh burn. Got me.

I remember. I remember Bush II blaming Clinton. I remember Clinton blaming Bush I. I remember a lot of things. The extreme partisanship has been disgusting for some time and you are playing right into it.

It is not about "burns" and "owning the other side". Keep in mind the media, ALL MEDIA, plays these "sides". It's more grey than black & white brother.

I remember too..... and NO WAY did the Bushes or Clinton do what Bama did , NO WAY....

and to that fact Trump hasn't come to blame Obama any where near what the Bamma did, in fact Trump has blamed what has happened to the USA over the LAST 20-30 years to ALL the swamp