TIME's Person of the Year 2023

Good for her! She's taken on the entertainment business world head on and has kicked arse. Even if you don't like her music or can't identify with it you have to admire how she has handled her career. I like the one recently where Hollywood wouldn't work with her to produce her live concert movie so she did it herself, putting millions of her own money into producing it. I think Hollywood was hoping it would fail but it's already on track to gross over $100 Million.
She's beautiful, smart, kind hearted, philanthropic and overall seems to be a really good person. I know I don't agree with some of her poitical views but I definitely respect what she's accomplished and she would be a great role model for any young girl! She deserves this type of recognition.

Now, an idiot criticizes the choice, so I guess I am for it. When will these idiots go away?

Political activist Saira Rao was lambasted on X (formerly Twitter) after tweeting her take on Taylor Swift’s anointing as TIME’s Person of the Year.

“The white American woman billionaire who could end the genocide of Palestinians with on [sic] IG post is TIME Person of The Year,” she posted. “White nonsense, white violence, white love of Black and brown genocide.”

On the other side of the political spectrum, we have these:

Can's a singer just be singer? Must everything be political? Can't we be allowed to enjoy life?

Last edited:
From what I know of her she has been very impressive with how she has been running her "empire." I couldn't give you one song title of her's even if you had a gun to my head.
On the other hand it seems to me Time Magazine needed to get a foot in the door of this younger generation trying to get them to buy magazines. Just like "hold in your hand" newspapers, the magazine industry is dead. You can't fault Time for trying.

I don't get a certain political side's beef with Taylor considering I don't believe she's really weighed in on her views from what I can tell. Seems dumb especially when she could literally get millions of voters to vote one way simply because people base their decisions off of extremely dumb things.

And neither has Kelce, they just bash the vaccine commercial (when millions of their party got vaccinated)...which he was paid very good money to do. Probably more for that one ad than most of us make in a year.

I don't get a certain political side's beef with Taylor considering I don't believe she's really weighed in on her views from what I can tell. Seems dumb especially when she could literally get millions of voters to vote one way simply because people base their decisions off of extremely dumb things.

And neither has Kelce, they just bash the vaccine commercial (when millions of their party got vaccinated)...which he was paid very good money to do. Probably more for that one ad than most of us make in a year.
So you think Rao is right that she could stop the war in Israel with a tweet?

Making the case of what a sell out Kelce is doesn't really help his case.

I don't get a certain political side's beef with Taylor considering I don't believe she's really weighed in on her views from what I can tell.
She's extremely successful and probably more deserving of this award than most of the recipients the last decade, but the real reason she won it isn't because she is hyper successful it is because she will advocate young female voters to vote Democrat in the upcoming election. She's made it very clear what her views are...

And you know what else? Her cult following is sp strong there will be millions of girls who follow her vote... she is very good at what she does

She came out against Trump in past elections. That’s probably why.

Good for her! She's taken on the entertainment business world head on and has kicked arse. Even if you don't like her music or can't identify with it you have to admire how she has handled her career. I like the one recently where Hollywood wouldn't work with her to produce her live concert movie so she did it herself, putting millions of her own money into producing it. I think Hollywood was hoping it would fail but it's already on track to gross over $100 Million.
She's beautiful, smart, kind hearted, philanthropic and overall seems to be a really good person. I know I don't agree with some of her poitical views but I definitely respect what she's accomplished and she would be a great role model for any young girl! She deserves this type of recognition.

Christ on a cracker! I agree completely with MoeDude!

Now, an idiot criticizes the choice, so I guess I am for it. When will these idiots go away?

Political activist Saira Rao was lambasted on X (formerly Twitter) after tweeting her take on Taylor Swift’s anointing as TIME’s Person of the Year.

“The white American woman billionaire who could end the genocide of Palestinians with on [sic] IG post is TIME Person of The Year,” she posted. “White nonsense, white violence, white love of Black and brown genocide.”

On the other side of the political spectrum, we have these:

Can's a singer just be singer? Must everything be political? Can't we be allowed to enjoy life?
OMG most of those comments in the meidastouch.com link are absurd. I think what is sad is that somone can't be successful today without some faction trying to criticize them in some mean fashion instead of respecting how hard she has worked to get where she is. By the way what is meidastouch.com They sure didn't waste an opportunity to bash MAGA. But I do agree with your last comment. "Must everything be political? Can't we be allowed to enjoy life?" It just seems there is a lot of hate in the world today and too many people are seeking their cheap 5-10 minutes of fame by trashing someone else.

OMG most of those comments in the meidastouch.com link are absurd. I think what is sad is that somone can't be successful today without some faction trying to criticize them in some mean fashion instead of respecting how hard she has worked to get where she is. By the way what is meidastouch.com They sure didn't waste an opportunity to bash MAGA. But I do agree with your last comment. "Must everything be political? Can't we be allowed to enjoy life?" It just seems there is a lot of hate in the world today and too many people are seeking their cheap 5-10 minutes of fame by trashing someone else.
That's the only way the pathetic can achieve any " self-respect." What's ironic that after the concerted effort toward building up self-esteem in school, etc, we have produced the most insecure, delicate population in history, afraid to hear any opinions that might shake the foundation of their "beliefs." And it is not limited to politics. Too much attention is paid to the negative.

Wasn't Hitler the Time Person of the Year?

So, yeah, Taylor Swift isn't such a bad pick.
"Person of the Year" was never meant to be an accolade. It was meant to point out which was the most notable, impactful person that year. For good or bad. It's just almost always it's a 'positive' person and the past thirty plus years have been mostly an 'award' for doing something good.