Ticket prices

They know how many tickets they sold the last several years and how many millions they have made. Are they expecting some huge attendance drop? Its a non-profit organization. I understand having a little put aside. Go ahead and invest some for another time its needed. Besides that, return the rest to the schools. Also no need to create new pet programs or funds with little oversight.. No excuses for not paying rent to host facilities for football finals.
Perhaps having an active booster club, who has a number of fund raisers and donors' contributions during the season. Would help with the increased ticket prices at the gate.

That's most schools. Boosters of some kind run concession indoor and outdoor. They also purchase the equipment and products, so why wouldn't they benefit from it? Athletic department has ticket sales through the regular season. They don't have to pay for the refs during playoffs. Our school and Booster Clubs work great together.
Again, this might be exclusive to my community but I struggle to understand why the athletic boosters can't take over the concession stand or at least share in it. I've been around the conversation where they said it is for the band only and there will be no further discussion. The athletic boosters are stuck selling 50/50 tickets and sometimes selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts outside the fences.

And that makes more sense.

I appreciate the band boosters but have never understood why they have a monopoly on the food at all events. As I said above, the athletic boosters sold Krispy Kreme doughnuts at some games but were not allowed to make their sales inside the gates. The athletic boosters support 400-500 athletes. The band boosters support 30-40.
Well if you're including all athletes, you should include all students in music programs as well. Not just the marching band. I'm sure those numbers are higher than 30-40.

Again, this might be exclusive to my community but I struggle to understand why the athletic boosters can't take over the concession stand or at least share in it. I've been around the conversation where they said it is for the band only and there will be no further discussion. The athletic boosters are stuck selling 50/50 tickets and sometimes selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts outside the fences.
Band sells 50/50 at our Football games, and Band Boosters has inside concessions and Athletic Boosters do 50/50.

Try #2: OHSAA’s board notes from January show cash and investments as of 12/22 ($19.1m) versus 12/21 ($14m). I believe ticket prices increased from $10 to $12 in 2023, or 20% and further understand ticket sales account for 78% of ttl revenue.

Because band parents are more committed to help than athlete parents or boosters. The major reason bands get the concessions is that they have the ability to man the concessions through volunteers. As someone else in the thread said, people just don't want to volunteer for stuff anymore. But band parents at most schools are still willing to do so. I'm sure athletic departments would rather keep the money but would not be able to get enough volunteers to do so. And if the band is successfully running the concession stand, I doubt people want to risk changing it up.

It does seem like they raised the prices unnecessarily. I think this structure would've been much more reasonable. I'm sure there'd still be complaints but much less so:

Student - $7.00
Adult - $10.00
Cash/Gate - $12.00

It does seem like they raised the prices unnecessarily. I think this structure would've been much more reasonable. I'm sure there'd still be complaints but much less so:

Student - $7.00
Adult - $10.00
Cash/Gate - $12.00
Kids would get to play in front of more people with those prices.

Because band parents are more committed to help than athlete parents or boosters. The major reason bands get the concessions is that they have the ability to man the concessions through volunteers. As someone else in the thread said, people just don't want to volunteer for stuff anymore. But band parents at most schools are still willing to do so. I'm sure athletic departments would rather keep the money but would not be able to get enough volunteers to do so. And if the band is successfully running the concession stand, I doubt people want to risk changing it up.
I would consider these to be rather anecdotal statements. You essentially make the insinuation and claim that band parents care more than athletic boosters and/or parents and I would love to see evidence of that. At my school, the various sports are required to provide a few parents to help staff the concession stand for one home football game each fall. If they are wanting to receive assistance from the Boosters to get things that they need, then this is what they have to do.

$15 at gate. I have seen my last gasme.
Guessing you're done with movies, pro and semi pro athletic events, college events, eating out at restaurants, putting gas in your car, and most other forms of entertainment. Doesn't get much better than Friday Night Lights.

Not when whole sellers are selling bottled pop to concession stands around $2
That meal would go for $5.50 in a concession stand I know.
A hot dog, coffee/hot chocolate, and popcorn would be $4.00 at ours and we don't charge for parking.