Three KC Chiefs fans mysteriously found dead in HIV scientist pal's yard in freezing weather 'may have taken drugs'

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Three Kansas City Chiefs fans who were mysteriously found dead in their friend's backyard may have taken drugs - but cops are still waiting for the toxicology report.

The homeowner, Jordan Willis, 38, is an HIV researcher and protein scientist who lives and works in the property on NW 83rd Terrace, Kansas City, Missouri.

On January 9, the bodies of his three friends - David Harrington, Ricky Johnson and Clayton McGeeney - were found in his backyard. They had been there since January 7, when the three men visited Willis to watch the Chiefs play the Los Angeles Chargers.

Was discussing yesterday. I think they got a bad batch of a recreational drug, likely coke. Likely drinking all night too and went outside to have a smoke and then never made it back inside and passed out then froze. The guy who went to bed was drinking but not partaking in the lines.

Was discussing yesterday. I think they got a bad batch of a recreational drug, likely coke. Likely drinking all night too and went outside to have a smoke and then never made it back inside and passed out then froze. The guy who went to bed was drinking but not partaking in the lines.
I'd agree. There's some strange cases but I don't believe the home owner had any idea. A lot of people don't really pay attention to their backyards this time of year. Not like you have to mow the grass. And temperatures would've prevented decay so no odors. No signs trauma

Fentanyl mixed in? Toxicology will likely solve the mystery.

Fentanyl mixed in? Toxicology will likely solve the mystery.

That’s what I meant by bad batch, yes. I agree that the autopsies will uncover what really happened and the families who are saying something nefarious happened will need to backtrack that stance, which will be replaced by embarrassment that their loved ones were possibly doing drugs that led to their deaths.

I heard today that there cars were in the driveway. No clue if that’s true because it wasn’t in any article I read. I took away from the initial article I read that they probably all took something and it was laced. The guy who survived lucked out because he stayed inside and went to bed. He says he slept for two days, and is fully cooperating with the police investigation. Right now I’m of the opinion it was recreational drug use gone wrong.

Saw this story. Clearly drugs, or some type of reaction to bad drugs. But the fact they were in the backyard and the friend whose home it was never noticed? Never questioned where the friends were? Either he panicked and was afraid he'd be blamed and 'out of sight, out of mind'... or he was involved with it somehow.

Either way, it just seems crazy.

It’s crazy and I go back and forth with “how do you not know your friends are outback”? Then one of the local shows I listen to the guy said this time of year he rarely looks out back because there is no point to. I get that, but being a home owner I tend to do a walk around a couple times a week. If it’s true their cars were in the driveway then there is no excuse unless they all were effected the same way and he just happened to be lucky and fall asleep inside the home.

I live in a modest house and there's places in my yard I can't even see from windows. I don't have animals to go out back. My grilling stuff has been moved to the garage for easier use in the winter. During the winter months I don't really walk around much as there's no need to. Pretty much Pull in the driveway and go inside. I could easily miss seeing something in my yard. Now if I'm that close as to watch the game with the group, I'd probably be texting the next day with more reactions from the game. Get suspicious if none responded. Who knows though. Going with everyone else that they probably got a bad batch of something.

It’s crazy and I go back and forth with “how do you not know your friends are outback”? Then one of the local shows I listen to the guy said this time of year he rarely looks out back because there is no point to. I get that, but being a home owner I tend to do a walk around a couple times a week. If it’s true their cars were in the driveway then there is no excuse unless they all were effected the same way and he just happened to be lucky and fall asleep inside the home.
What if these three guys said, “Hey, we’ll see you later, take it easy”?.

Then they went out back to light up and died?

To the last few posters…they said the friend who didn’t die was asleep for two days. I can’t speak to that being true or why he slept for two days, if it is true, but that would explain why he didn’t notice his back yard or his friends’ cars in his driveway.

To add to that, if he did really sleep for two days, then maybe they all did the bad drugs and they all would’ve slept for two days but the ones outside froze to death.

I agree with all talking points here.
I hate to say it was drug use gone wrong and those 3 just happened to go outside at the wrong time. But I can see where they all decided to do soemthjng stupid and it costs them their lives. I hate speculating.

it seemed like they decided to do coke together and it was laced knowingly or unknowingly. Now who is to blame is the next major question. If one of the two survivors played a role, what if any charges do they face? The article says the homeowner immediately went to rehab but doesn’t mean he supplied the drug(s).

I’m thinking the bodies were moved outside to stage the cause of death as hypothermia. Let’s see how this investigation plays out.

I’m thinking the bodies were moved outside to stage the cause of death as hypothermia. Let’s see how this investigation plays out.

Anything is possible but I think you're underestimating the effects of Fentanyl, especially 3X the amount needed to kill a person. If the lone survivor did any laced coke along with the others, he‘d have been in no shape to accomplish that. If he truly slept for two days then he likely did some.

Anything is possible but I think you're underestimating the effects of Fentanyl, especially 3X the amount needed to kill a person. If the lone survivor did any laced coke along with the others, he‘d have been in no shape to accomplish that. If he truly slept for two days then he likely did some.
Aware of fentanyl, coke and drug users—have seen all first hand.

Survivor’s actions thus far (in my personal experience), indicate panic/guilt of some sort. Waiting for the investigation to play out in this one.

Aware of fentanyl, coke and drug users—have seen all first hand.

Survivor’s actions thus far (in my personal experience), indicate panic/guilt of some sort. Waiting for the investigation to play out in this one.

The scenario you’ve painted is a stretch IMO but yeah all we can do is wait for the police investigation to conclude.

Article today said the full toxicology report would take 6-8 weeks and the official autopsy another 10-12 weeks. The family members seem desperate to blame this on the guy who lives at the home. I read that fentanyl causes your body to warm up and maybe they went outside to cool off and that’s when it hit them, causing to freeze to death. All speculation for now.

The possible key to what happened prior might be the fifth friend who was there but left. He may be able to corroborate what the toxicology and autopsy say. If there were deadly levels in the others, he might be able to fill in some gaps and it’s reasonable to think he may not have partook in the drug use. As for the homeowner going into seclusion and rehab, i suspect it may have more to do with him being accused in national stories of foul play in the deaths and possibly avoiding a blood test if they hadn’t already given him one. Going into rehab isn’t really a red flag IMO.

Except for the fact it's pretty easy to determine if a body had been moved and dragging them through the yard would've left plenty of evidence.

it seemed like they decided to do coke together and it was laced knowingly or unknowingly. Now who is to blame is the next major question. If one of the two survivors played a role, what if any charges do they face? The article says the homeowner immediately went to rehab but doesn’t mean he supplied the drug(s).
Unless they sold the drugs to them...nothing. Even if they did drugs with them, that's not against the law

The possible key to what happened prior might be the fifth friend who was there but left. He may be able to corroborate what the toxicology and autopsy say. If there were deadly levels in the others, he might be able to fill in some gaps and it’s reasonable to think he may not have partook in the drug use. As for the homeowner going into seclusion and rehab, i suspect it may have more to do with him being accused in national stories of foul play in the deaths and possibly avoiding a blood test if they hadn’t already given him one. Going into rehab isn’t really a red flag IMO.
Would've needed a warrant for his blood and there isn't probable cause for a judge to issue one.

And let's say the homeowner used drugs with them...I'd say this would be a pretty big eye opener that lead me to get treatment.

Would've needed a warrant for his blood and there isn't probable cause for a judge to issue one.

And let's say the homeowner used drugs with them...I'd say this would be a pretty big eye opener that lead me to get treatment.

Of course. My point was to brianwr112 who said his actions afterward indicated panic and guilt. Assumed he meant rehab and hiding. I replied rehab wasn’t a red flag and also gave a likely reason for going into hiding. The fact his friends just died of drugs when he was partying with them and escaped death…yeah of course go to rehab. It’s to be expected.

Yeah it is.

Being under the influence is proof of possession, and possession is illegal.
No it's not...I'm not sure who told you that but they were wrong. This legal argument has actually been put to the test here recently with the heroin epidemic. Some departments, looking for a way to criminally charge people who overdosed, tried the Possession charge but were getting tossed. Wasn't falling under disorderly conduct. Some places allowed the charge of paraphernalia if there was a syringe or something still present at the scene.