Thoughts on this year

I'm not sure why you got such a hard one for this kid, but Andy is better then Owen, so is Harp, and are you really that stupid to ask questions you know the answer to? And come back in four years and see where Owen is...

me? i didnt go out of my way to post a picture of him and your idol harp. Jealousy is a dark road to go down my friend.

1.) Moeller - bring back a lot - great coaching staff

2.) Elder - they find a way to win, and their talent steps up. Probably another all-GCL championship

3.) St. Eds - McAndrews and Powers had a good club season- they'll still be tough. depends on their match-up at state.

4.) St. X - Did they really bring that much?

5.) Centerville - Best in the West? Not sure who else - maybe Lakota East?

darkhorses: LaSalle, Mt Vernon, St. Iggy?

What about D2 schools? If they can be included i'd be adding a few of them to the Top 10 in Ohio. Hoban and St. Charles both lost a lot of seniors - but still have a good core. Last year Hoban could play with any D1 - will another step up this year?

1.) Moeller - bring back a lot - great coaching staff

2.) Elder - they find a way to win, and their talent steps up. Probably another all-GCL championship

3.) St. Eds - McAndrews and Powers had a good club season- they'll still be tough. depends on their match-up at state.

4.) St. X - Did they really bring that much?

5.) Centerville - Best in the West? Not sure who else - maybe Lakota East?

darkhorses: LaSalle, Mt Vernon, St. Iggy?

What about D2 schools? If they can be included i'd be adding a few of them to the Top 10 in Ohio. Hoban and St. Charles both lost a lot of seniors - but still have a good core. Last year Hoban could play with any D1 - will another step up this year?

We'll see if Hoban can hang with D1 when they travel to Elder to play in early April. The Panthers are hosting what is called the "Elder Showcase" where they will play a 2:30 match vs Marist HS from Ill. and again at 4:00 vs Hoban. Elder has a pretty difficult schedule this upcoming season, however they should be pretty tested for when the state tournament rolls around. Here's a link to the schedule: http://www.ehsports.com/schedule.aspx?sportselect=volleyball

#1 moeller simply because they have the best coach in the state and knows how to win games period.
#2 elder has talent but has to put it all together.
#3 st x they have good players who have high volleyball iq's which will help them win games
#4,#5 toss up between eds and centerville

the gcl will win state cuz thats what always happens they have the best coaches and usually the best core group of players.

and no offense but matt is not that good of a player... not poy quality in my eyes.

as far as comparing harp to owen... harp is a decent player isnt having very much success at the college level, and when he played penn state he played a very hungover team i know this because i know some of the players and they told me they got trashed the night before they played his team not trying to knock his performance just telling you how it was. and penn state is not a strong team at all this year and the #11 ranking doesnt mean much, they have one big hitter and thats all, and he didnt even play when harps played them.

well who ever is bashing on matt moe. is a complete dumb --- and we all know that is the red card king tyler carnes. matt is def. has player of the year locked if he played the way he did last year.

as for tyler carnes you should just delete your yappi account because no one likes you and you are by far the worst volleyball player in ohio. girl volleyball players can hit better than you and they dont tip on game point and hit into the net every other year. best of wishes to you carnes to try not to get another red card....o wait i forgot your a ------ so get 20 red cards and buy hair gel so you can look like wes

I actually have no idea who milfordvballplayer is but its not me. This being Tyler Carnes. And david you can shut the ---- up. Go get benches and play back row on some other team. Oh wait..same ---- happened for ya at air city. keep this bull---- to yourself in centerville. You're the most inconsistent settee I've ever seen..so you have no room to talk ---- about how I play. I'm not talking anything away from how good moehring is. Everyone knows he's sick. So before you run your fatass mouth, make sure you know what you're talking about. Because that wasn't me.

Jesus Christ, shut up and grow up. As for Harp, I'm relatively sure he got a bid for the Junior Olympic National Team at the end of the season last year so I wouldn't say Owen is way way above him when it comes to that. Based on head to head at state, Harp definitely had the upper hand there. As for when Owen is a senior, who knows how good he will be..we'll have to see.

Go to 39 seconds and see a nasty hit from Harp against Penn State.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqMLNbIyko0

Why is that? They return all of their key players and will have very solid role players.

Kues is stronger than the rest of the players on his team and you can only be as strong as your weakest link. Put Kues on a team with a better support cast and I'd say it'd be a toss up for the best player in the south, but he could improve who he has around him.

yeah since they were so good last year... they have three solidvarsity starters in keus creevy and lottman but they're not gonna be able to pass just like last year and they have 1 and a half options on offense matt just isnt gonna be able to do much with that team no doubt hes a great player and probably will be first team all state but he just doesnt have the support to have an outstanding year

Moeller Varsity

Tucker Skove Sr. OH
Kyle Neuville Sr. OH
AJ Eckhoff Sr. L
Connor White Sr. DS
Brad Reinart Sr. M
Ben Vickers Sr. M
Casey Peiper Soph M
Mike Zoller Sr. Opp
Marshal Luning Sr. Setter
Garret Morrisey Jr. OH
Luke Lanman Sr. OH/ DS
Michael Budde Jr. OH
Nick Palopoli Jr. OH
Jake Shaffer Jr. OH
Kevin Engleheardt Sr Opp
Matt Kanetzke Jr. Setter
Eric Larison Sr. M
Rob Meiers Sr. M
Max Watkins Sr DS/setter
Zach Priest Soph. OPP (part time)

Big team but there was no one to cut

Moeller Varsity

Tucker Skove Sr. OH
Kyle Neuville Sr. OH
AJ Eckhoff Sr. L
Connor White Sr. DS
Brad Reinart Sr. M
Ben Vickers Sr. M
Casey Peiper Soph M
Mike Zoller Sr. Opp
Marshal Luning Sr. Setter
Garret Morrisey Jr. OH
Luke Lanman Sr. OH/ DS
Michael Budde Jr. OH
Nick Palopoli Jr. OH
Jake Shaffer Jr. OH
Kevin Engleheardt Sr Opp
Matt Kanetzke Jr. Setter
Eric Larison Sr. M
Rob Meiers Sr. M
Max Watkins Sr DS/setter
Zach Priest Soph. OPP (part time)

Big team but there was no one to cut

How many are you allowed to have on a team? I know you can only bring like 15 or so to State.

Actually, you have to look at this unbiasly. Moeller has lots of returning players which are pretty solid. Elder, i mean sure they are defending state champs, but they lost too many players to be effective during regular season and the state tourney. St. X lost 2-3 players and the rest of the starters are staying. Lasalle will not be a threat to anyone, their only advantage is that damned celling. St. Ed's, i'm not too sure about. So my top picks would be:
1: St. Xavier
2: Moeller
These will def. be the top two.(Elder players who control the forums, be realistic you lost too many players to be anything)
3: Elder
4,5: Lasalle,St. Ed's

Actually, you have to look at this unbiasly. Moeller has lots of returning players which are pretty solid. Elder, i mean sure they are defending state champs, but they lost too many players to be effective during regular season and the state tourney. St. X lost 2-3 players and the rest of the starters are staying. Lasalle will not be a threat to anyone, their only advantage is that damned celling. St. Ed's, i'm not too sure about. So my top picks would be:
1: St. Xavier
2: Moeller
These will def. be the top two.(Elder players who control the forums, be realistic you lost too many players to be anything)3: Elder
4,5: Lasalle,St. Ed's

Ignorance at its best.

Elder Varsity Roster

Matt Moehring OH
Andrew Barnette MH
Anthony Monk S
Bryan Coorey DS
Andrew Burhart OPP
Chad Kunze OH
Ryan Welch L
Ryan Morman OH
Kyle Bertke DS
Matt Schneider S
Joe Dorsey MH
Kevin Groll OH
Michael Svec OH
Tim Vater MH
Taylor Milam

7 returning seniors with 8 juniors. Season starts in two weeks, it's gonna be fun.

Just sayin

Oak Hills volleyball has the best athletes and it is goin to whip up on everyone this year. Every other volleyball school stinks and has a bunch queers that get excited from bein next to guys in short spandex. If you have oak hills on your schedule you better mark that already as a loss cuz u will have no chance. Andy told me this and if you want to fight him he is in homeroom at oak hils
:wallbang:

Yes, Elder lost a lot. However, until beaten they are at the top. It will be a fight between Moe X and Elder in my opinion. I think X is going to surprise some people.

of course you do diehardvballfan. but if you look at it moeller pretty much manhandled X the last 2 times they played them. and moe also only lost 2, landen hunter and john abeln, and marshal luning will be just as good as hunter and the middles for moeller this year will be leagues ahead of last years. middle was their weakness last year and it will be a big strength for them this year. they have 3 big athletic middles

of course you do diehardvballfan. but if you look at it moeller pretty much manhandled X the last 2 times they played them. and moe also only lost 2, landen hunter and john abeln, and marshal luning will be just as good as hunter and the middles for moeller this year will be leagues ahead of last years. middle was their weakness last year and it will be a big strength for them this year. they have 3 big athletic middles

Im going to take issue with a couple things in this post. Luning may be as good of a setter as Landen, but Landen is a better all around player and was probably their best attacker last year too. Also, Abeln was one of Moe's better players too, it was their second middle who wasn't good.

Anyways, I still think Moe is the top team next year just wanted to throw in my two cents worth about your post

Im going to take issue with a couple things in this post. Luning may be as good of a setter as Landen, but Landen is a better all around player and was probably their best attacker last year too. Also, Abeln was one of Moe's better players too, it was their second middle who wasn't good.

Anyways, I still think Moe is the top team next year just wanted to throw in my two cents worth about your post

Hunter was good, but I think Skove was their best hitter last year even though he was junior.

that second middle is a completely different player than last year. and the other 2 or 6'6 and 6'3 and can sky. ive played with all 3 and they will all be better all around middles than abeln, he could hit but couldnt block

ESPN Fab 50
#10 Elder
#11 Moeller
#13 Hoban
#29 St. X
#39 St. Eds
#41 Centerville

Thoughts? Any teams overrated? Any teams not mentioned that should probably be on here, or should be in consideration for the Fab 50?

Ignorance at its best.

I think last nights game proved that I'm not ignorant when I say Elder doesn't really have much this year. Though I admit that they did have an off night and will be better next time they play X. Their passing was pretty bad in the second and third game and Moehring hit maybe 5-6 balls that were actually kills in the last two games? He had a rough night and i'd say Barnette played the best for Elder. As for who's the best in the state, I think it comes down to the game tomorrow vs moeller and whether x can compete with moeller.

I think last nights game proved that I'm not ignorant when I say Elder doesn't really have much this year. Though I admit that they did have an off night and will be better next time they play X. Their passing was pretty bad in the second and third game and Moehring hit maybe 5-6 balls that were actually kills in the last two games? He had a rough night and i'd say Barnette played the best for Elder. As for who's the best in the state, I think it comes down to the game tomorrow vs moeller and whether x can compete with moeller.

I think last night's game proved that X can beat Elder. What it also means is that X has defeated Elder in their first match the past three seasons. In 09, Elder lost in a very similar fashion to X in 3 in the opener yet came mere points away from being state champs. In 2010 X beat Elder in 2 at the St Charles tournament, later Elder beat X and won state.

I will give X credit where credit is due, they came out and beat Elder last night and spanked them at that. But you can't say Elder doesn't really have much and use last night's game as proof for that. It's match one of the season, come back and prove me wrong in June and I will give you credit.

Nice try kiddo.

true its only the first match but in those past years elder had a starting lineup with their whole front row over 6'4. They simply didn't put it together at the beginning of the year. I admit that elder will be better next time they play x but all they really have are barnette and moehring. hopefully their passing improves too