the Librarians

Here's my take on the librarians... if you go in their and be quiet and do work like the library is meant for then there wont be any problems. Yeah they may be loud at times but oh well, there is no place in the school that is complete silent. The only people who get into trouble in their are the stupid kids who go in there and try to have a conversation, or the ones who think that they'll be cool and try to fight the power. If you want to talk during free periods go into the cafeteria! To everyone who has posted in this thread. Have you ever gotten in trouble for sitting in there and doing work quietly? Libraries are meant to be quiet places, so just shut up and there wont be a problem.

Here's my take on the librarians... if you go in their and be quiet and do work like the library is meant for then there wont be any problems. Yeah they may be loud at times but oh well, there is no place in the school that is complete silent. The only people who get into trouble in their are the stupid kids who go in there and try to have a conversation, or the ones who think that they'll be cool and try to fight the power. If you want to talk during free periods go into the cafeteria! To everyone who has posted in this thread. Have you ever gotten in trouble for sitting in there and doing work quietly? Libraries are meant to be quiet places, so just shut up and there wont be a problem.

ok so i pull up a chair to a table to ask my friend(sincerely) for some help, i get yelled at for pulling up a chair. another time, my friend was guiding me through the steps of a math problem because i just didnt get it. he was WHISPERING and not disturbling any1 else...they must just watch to see if lips are moving and yell if they se movement lol

Those women go up and above their call of duty with their volume problem. You said it yourself, the library is meant to be quiet. All i ask is to be not so nitpicky if they themselves are going to be loud for no reason. And 80% of their conversations have nothing to do with work so they really could cut down on it.

Yeah they may be loud at times but oh well...... Libraries are meant to be quiet places, so just shut up and there wont be a problem.

So, when teachers are loud its "oh well nothing is perfect" but when kids talk its, "shutup and there wont be a problem"? And, yes, there will be still be a problem even if all of the kids in the library are completely silent: the librarians will still be loud.

does anyone besides myself find it a little weird that the librarians are constantly looking at our computer screens while we are in the library, even reading what is on our screens. i sat at a computer with the stools and sat there and watched one of the creepy librarians read my whole paper on my grandfather that passed away. most of the time i wouldnt care about things like this, but its becoming rediculous.

for those of you who don't notice, when your screen flashes, and your windows appear to be minimized a little bit...hide... the librarians are on your screen.

i understand that they need to protect the school computers from some of the indecency that teenagers can get into on a computer, but isn't that what our WEBBLOCKER is for. i don't need the librarians constantly looking at my screen.

to top this off, i related Amendment 4 to the Bill of Rights to this problem, take what you wish too from it:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

we are being searched, and its rediculous. a fair warning to all those who use the computers in the library:
1. dont get caught on ESPN.com
2. dont write anything bad, because the librarians see it all then you get called into that one ladies office and yelled out, in a library, which brings a whole other problem dealing with the librarian noise level, but we'll save that for later
3. dont even use the computers in the library because they are slow as crap, the one downstairs by the blueprint office are running a new version of windows and are much faster.

you've been warned.

The Fourth Amendment doesn't apply because St. X owns the computers and the network we use so they can set whatever rules they want when it comes to using it. As far as the librarians go they sit at their desks and call their friends on the phone and talk louder than any six people in the library. I never ever did work in the library in my four years at St. X because you feel like you're in trouble for just walking in. It's a horrible working environment when you have to pay close attention to what you're doing so they don't frame you for something and kick you out. My advice, stay away and do homework in the cafeteria, it may be a little louder but you won't get chewed out.

Just use the cafeteria or sit in the new gym lobby or the area surrounding the theater, its better than being in the library, unless you sit at the one table all the way in the back left, which is concealed by a bookshelf.