The Holy War

what happened to the stable of 6'4" QBs Ignatius would roll out each year
The starter is 6'4 but he has struggled. To be fair, his receivers haven't helped.

Freshman QB to me has the most potential in the program. Great arm, good mobility.

I'm not sure how recent or if this would still affect the current team at all, but didn't Ignatius have a few qbs transfer out at different points in the past 5 years?

I'm not sure how recent or if this would still affect the current team at all, but didn't Ignatius have a few qbs transfer out at different points in the past 5 years?

To my knowledge - only Jaxson French, who transferred out after 2 years at Ignatius (freshman year at Padua). He departed for a senior year at Lake Catholic. Now there are reports that he has left the LC team. There's another thread going on regarding that subject

Akron's Holy War takes place this year in week 8.

This game been all over the schedule. Back in the day, this was ALWAYS the week 10 rivalry game. Then came the 20 year break in the series, and when it returned, it was moved to week 5.

The belief was that earlier in the season minimizes the bad weather risks which translates into bigger crowds. And that proved to be true. The crowds are not as large as in recent years past.

But they are large enough that this game is played at InfoCision Stadium on The University of Akron campus. It is 2.0 miles from the Hoban campus, and 2.1 miles from the SVSM campus. Crowds generally are in the 8K range, bigger than either home stadium.

Hoban is the home team this year and should be the favorite. But the Irish have played a rugged schedule and earned a season saving victory last night.

Massive computer playoff points at stake. I hope for a well played, injury free game.

Akron's Holy War takes place this year in week 8.

This game been all over the schedule. Back in the day, this was ALWAYS the week 10 rivalry game. Then came the 20 year break in the series, and when it returned, it was moved to week 5.

The belief was that earlier in the season minimizes the bad weather risks which translates into bigger crowds. And that proved to be true. The crowds are not as large as in recent years past.

But they are large enough that this game is played at InfoCision Stadium on The University of Akron campus. It is 2.0 miles from the Hoban campus, and 2.1 miles from the SVSM campus. Crowds generally are in the 8K range, bigger than either home stadium.

Hoban is the home team this year and should be the favorite. But the Irish have played a rugged schedule and earned a season saving victory last night.

Massive computer playoff points at stake. I hope for a well played, injury free game.
What does this have to do with this thread? This isn't about Hoban...this is Ignatius and Eds

I thought the JV played well, all things considered.
Yeah, looked like the Cats were going to get stops in the final minute and it would go to OT (do JVs even do OT?), but the Eagles got two 4th down conversions (4th and 7 then 4th and 1) and went on to score.

Considering how they were blown away in the freshman game last year, I would agree there has been significant improvement in the sophomore class. The game was pretty much even minus the last two plays.

Wildcat Prep appeared to have several juniors who dressed and played significant minutes in today JV game. Is that a common move for the program this year or only unique to today’s game?

Wildcat Prep appeared to have several juniors who dressed and played significant minutes in today JV game. Is that a common move for the program this year or only unique to today’s game?
Yes, that’s been common for the team this year due to low numbers in the Soph class, especially on the offensive line. Not typical in years past, but I think it’s a good change as historically a lot of kids, even future senior starters, have essentially gotten no live game reps as juniors. Some of the key Sophs were held out or played limited minutes to ensure availability for the Varsity game tonight. Hopefully that means Martin will get some touches tonight.

Might be some rain near or a bit after kickoff, that would seem to favor cats, but shouldn't stay around for long

End of 1 0-0, St Edward with turnover and then stopped on 4th and 1 at midfield. St Ignatius driving on 19yd