The Holy War

Games are streamed more than ever and kids don't need to go to the game to see what else is going on socially because of smart phones. Add to it that local media doesn't cover it well and the lack of big local games between contenders most weeks and you see why interest is so down too.

The Eagles are really good this year. We all know this will be an emotional game and both teams will play their hearts out but Ed’s just has too much for Iggy This year. I have seen Many of the top teams throughout the state this year and they really stand out and are a complete team in all three areas offense, defense, and in the kicking game. They are going to be awfully tough to beat.I would guess 10 to 14 points with the Eagles on top.

The Eagles are really good this year. We all know this will be an emotional game and both teams will play their hearts out but Ed’s just has too much for Iggy This year. I have seen Many of the top teams throughout the state this year and they really stand out and are a complete team in all three areas offense, defense, and in the kicking game. They are going to be awfully tough to beat.I would guess 10 to 14 points with the Eagles on top.
I agree with you. I actually see a potential shutout. 28-0. Ed's right now is just on a much higher level. They are headed towards a showdown with Medina. Then probably St. X for all the marbles.

They are much More complete than the bees in my opinion. Their defense this year is lights out.It has been a long time since I’ve seen the high school team Get to the ball Like they do. They also are much more physical Than Medina.My impression of this Eagles team is that they are a hungry and motivated bunch and are going to be tough to beat.

Ignatius will be lucky to score much in this game. Eds will have to play poorly and turn the ball over multiple times to keep this game close.

As often is the case, this game will come down to a late FG. 13-10 or 17-14. As for the boldest prediction yet, the team that makes the fewest mistakes comes out the winner.

As often is the case, this game will come down to a late FG. 13-10 or 17-14. As for the boldest prediction yet, the team that makes the fewest mistakes comes out the winner.
No it won't. You haven't watched this year's Ignatius offense.

I don’t know. Ed’s has had some stacked teams and Kyle has figured out a way to stop the offense and do just enough defense and special teams to win. I will never count the wildcats out u til the game is over.

I don’t know. Ed’s has had some stacked teams and Kyle has figured out a way to stop the offense and do just enough defense and special teams to win. I will never count the wildcats out u til the game is over.
I think that was true for a long time but this generation of Eagles doesn't think of Kyle or Ignatius as the juggernaut I think a lot of us on yappi think of them as. The last time I saw an Ed's team that I thought looked better than St. Ignatius and lost was when Shaun Crawford fumbled twice in 2013? Since then I think there have either been a clear cut better team or they were even. This year, Ed's looks much better even than a 100% healthy St. Ignatius team. Although I worry that if there is a rematch in a few weeks and some of those Wildcats are back, that presents a difficult challenge mentally for a very talented St. Ed's team this year. Cross that bridge when we come to it though, hopefully knowing that this first game was a solid victory.

It could be a few years before Ignatius wins the Holy War.

The 10th graders for Eds have size and talent. Ignatius has a few good 10th graders, but not the overall talent.

I believe the entire St Edward football program is undefeated right now.

Tough times for the Cats. Hopefully they'll be back down the road.

Ignatius will be lucky to score much in this game. Eds will have to play poorly and turn the ball over multiple times to keep this game close.
We will find out this week if the Eagles' O has progressed since week 1. Iggy does have a formidable D and plays the unique stack scheme that can pose problems for an O that does not see it often. Eagles' D should be fine and Iggy will find it difficult to sustain drives. Field position will be critical as usual. Short fields can help an O.

Go Eagles!

I'll type this again- I hate the Ignatius offense. It looks wide open but it's not.

The Ignatius freshmen have some offensive talent, but Eds didn't complete a pass all game. They didn't need to. They kept running and Ignatius couldn't stop it.