The Dock v4; newsy and pick'em (WK2 on pg 6, post #172)

Between the voucher talk, the privates practicing/playing outside of Lucas County when the health commish shut down sports during COVID (and the ensuing lawsuit filed by some)and the contractually-obligated recruiting talking points, it was very obvious that anybody in the Diocese wasn't getting in lmao.[/B]

6CD10EC1-AD77-44DB-A01E-9F5CD960F3CC.png

701F0F77-5D5B-4D47-A5D3-541023A6E61B.png

I'll be honest, the CHSL isn't that bad for most sports. They will have good competition/exposure in football, basketball, etc. Baseball is the real problem, but not competition wise (even with a powerhouse like Orchard Lake St. Mary's). It's more of a logistics problem, as CHSL plays midweek conference doubleheaders. If I'm an assistant, how am I supposed to get up there coming from work (and not employed in the building)? You're probably getting there mid-game 1 if you're lucky.

That's really my only gripe about CHSL (that and their Yappi equivalent pales in comparison), but otherwise a good option for the Toledo privates.[/B]
Ah, man. Two games on a weeknight b2b? Must be nice to have lights. 😭 I actually love the concept, but yes it is not considerate of real life. Baseball brain problems![/B]

Ah, man. Two games on a weeknight b2b? Must be nice to have lights. 😭 I actually love the concept, but yes it is not considerate of real life. Baseball brain problems!
So actually, I don't think many of the smaller schools have lights which is why every single at-bat in the league starts with a 1-1 count. They're playing some wacky little baseball up north.

Darby
Orange
Pick Central
Centerville
Grove City
Marysville
Canal Winchester
Ignatius
Olentangy
WHO HAS MORE TOUCHDOWN PASSES on FRIDAY THE 25TH: Ethan Grunkemeyer (Olentangy)

I’ll take 6-4 here’s to a hopeful above .500 week again

Darby
Orange
Pick Central
Centerville
Davidson

Marysville
Canal Winchester
Ignatius
Olentangy
WHO HAS MORE TOUCHDOWN PASSES on FRIDAY THE 25TH: Ethan Grunkemeyer (Olentangy)(most importantly I am hoping for a push on this one…)

Week 2

Bradley
Orange
Pick Central
Centerville
Grove City
Marysville
New Albany
Mentor
Medina
WHO HAS MORE TOUCHDOWN PASSES on FRIDAY THE 25TH: Dan Stoddard (Medina)

Bradley/Darby
Berlin/Orange
Pick Central
/Wayne
Centerville/Coffman
Davidson/Grove City

Marysville
/Perrysburg
Canal Winchester/New Albany
Ignatius
/Mentor
Olentangy/Medina
WHO HAS MORE TOUCHDOWN PASSES on FRIDAY THE 25TH: Ethan Grunkemeyer (Olentangy) or Dan Stoddard (Medina)*

Week 2

Bradley/Darby
Berlin/Orange
Pick Central
/Wayne
Centerville/Coffman
Davidson/Grove City

Marysville/Perrysburg
Ignatius/Mentor
Olentangy/Medina
Dan Stoddard (Medina)

Dock: Yes, you are correct about the bad call in the FU/NL game at the village. I saw a blow up photo and the NL player touched the ball first. Also. the Ceramics opened their nice new stadium last year, just didn't win! gcfqn, NLHS '61.

Week 2

Bradley/Darby
Berlin/Orange
Pick Central
/Wayne
Centerville/Coffman
Davidson/Grove City

Marysville
/Perrysburg
Ignatius/Mentor
Olentangy/Medina
Dan Stoddard (Medina)

Dock: Yes, you are correct about the bad call in the FU/NL game at the village. I saw a blow up photo and the NL player touched the ball first. Also. the Ceramics opened their nice new stadium last year, just didn't win! gcfqn, NLHS '61.
Thanks for the note re: the Kiln.

I didn’t even see the officials throw a bean bag on it to begin with! If I recall correctly, the punt first reached the FU ~9 yard line, bounced about 7 yards toward the LOS, then came back to about the 9 yard line. It got swatted back by a NL player I do believe and it should’ve been downed with FU possession!

New Lex has a promising young QB in the sophomore lefty Stephens. Very agile, good short accuracy and the tools to get mid-range passes to land with some touch. He only had one bugaboo, and that was the internal clock on their drive right before halftime. He’ll fix it.

NL ‘61, eh? A former player of the legendary Jim Rockwell in the house! Come to think of it, you have some living memory of the former St. Aloysius!

@The Dock sure you saw this but just wanted to post it here:
View attachment 45195
I made the drive to New Philly in ‘19 and ‘21. I was going to pass on making the drive this time around, anyways, but thanks for letting me know it’ll be live-streamed! I like being annoyed on my Saturday’s, after all.

(I’ve actually been to New Philadelphia three times since August ‘19 for football purposes.)

I made the drive to New Philly in ‘19 and ‘21. I was going to pass on making the drive this time around, anyways, but thanks for letting me know it’ll be live-streamed! I like being annoyed on my Saturday’s, after all.
Saw the response so I took it down.

1692669918051.png

Week 2

Week 2 Picks:
Bradley
Berlin
Pick Central
Centerville
Grove City

Marysville
New Albany
Ignatius
Olentangy

Week 2

Bradley
Orange
Pick Central
Coffman
Davidson

Perrysburg
Canal Winchester
Ignatius
Olentangy

Week 2

Bradley
Orange
Pick Central
Coffman
Davidson

Perrysburg
Canal Winchester
Ignatius
Olentangy
Enjoy hosting that school down the street, this week, Z. And good luck holding serve in your picks!

re-upping Week 2

Bradley/Darby
Berlin/Orange
Pick Central/Wayne
Centerville/Coffman
Davidson/Grove City

Marysville/Perrysburg
Ignatius/Mentor
Olentangy/Medina
WHO HAS MORE TOUCHDOWN PASSES on FRIDAY THE 25TH: Ethan Grunkemeyer (Olentangy) or Dan Stoddard (Medina)*

*If they both pass for the same amount of TD’s, the push becomes a free win for everybody.

Bradley/Darby
Berlin/Orange
Pick Central
/Wayne
Centerville/Coffman
Davidson/Grove City

Marysville/Perrysburg
Ignatius/Mentor
Olentangy/Medina
WHO HAS MORE TOUCHDOWN PASSES on FRIDAY THE 25TH: Ethan Grunkemeyer (Olentangy) or Dan Stoddard (Medina)

Thanks for the note re: the Kiln.

I didn’t even see the officials throw a bean bag on it to begin with! If I recall correctly, the punt first reached the FU ~9 yard line, bounced about 7 yards toward the LOS, then came back to about the 9 yard line. It got swatted back by a NL player I do believe and it should’ve been downed with FU possession!

New Lex has a promising young QB in the sophomore lefty Stephens. Very agile, good short accuracy and the tools to get mid-range passes to land with some touch. He only had one bugaboo, and that was the internal clock on their drive right before halftime. He’ll fix it.

NL ‘61, eh? A former player of the legendary Jim Rockwell in the house! Come to think of it, you have some living memory of the former St. Aloysius!
gcfqn didn't play sports but I have a lot of Rock memories. Favorite was the time at West M when the varsity did several cinder track tours during the second quarter while the reserves played the game. WM fans gasped! However, they hired Rock after he left the village.

Here are some St. Al results. I went to several of their home games during their short football forlay. They were very good at BB but not so in football.

1959 - Fisher Catholic 34 St. Al's - 8 at North Field
1960 - Fisher Catholic - 38 St. Al's - 18 at New Lexington
1961- Fisher Catholic - 54 St. Al's - 0 at North Field
1963 - Fisher Catholic - 29 St. Al's - 8 at Fulton Field

gcfqn didn't play sports but I have a lot of Rock memories. Favorite was the time at West M when the varsity did several cinder track tours during the second quarter while the reserves played the game. WM fans gasped! However, they hired Rock after he left the village.

Here are some St. Al results. I went to several of their home games during their short football forlay. They were very good at BB but not so in football.

1959 - Fisher Catholic 34 St. Al's - 8 at North Field
1960 - Fisher Catholic - 38 St. Al's - 18 at New Lexington
1961- Fisher Catholic - 54 St. Al's - 0 at North Field
1963 - Fisher Catholic - 29 St. Al's - 8 at Fulton Field
I did hear that about basketball being their better sport. Thanks for sharing the results and stories!

@ayCC!

I DON’T KNOW THE STATUS OF THE YAPPI KING WHO WOULD POST IN ALL CAPS SO THAT HE COULD POST FROM THE COMFORT OF HIS LIVING ROOM TELEVISION. I HOPE HE IS WELL.

I AM WRITING TO INFORM YOU THAT I THINK THERE IS ANOTHER USER WHO HAS ADOPTED THAT BOSS IDEA. HE’S IN IUDOGS THREAD. WE LOVE TO SEE IT.