Strasburg Head Coaching position

Heard the same NBC, sounds like Strasburg is waiting to officially let him go until the investigation is over. But in the mean time he is not allowed to coach or do anything with the program. Would think firing him and getting a new coach would be beneficial to the players, no?

Heard the same NBC, sounds like Strasburg is waiting to officially let him go until the investigation is over. But in the mean time he is not allowed to coach or do anything with the program. Would think firing him and getting a new coach would be beneficial to the players, no?
I really don't know if they can fire him until the investigation is over since there is a teachers union? I just hope he gets what he deserves whether it's a slap on the wrist for being stupid on social media or as much as legal charges for being a predator. Right now all we hear are terrible stories about him and his wife for the last several years. I just hope that he gets the punishment to fit whatever crime or broken policy he committed, good or bad. I'm not sticking up for him because there is obviously something there but Social media tends give stories like this extra life.

I would have to think that the teaching / union portion of this is playing a part of it. If this is over the course of several years and not just ONE dumb text/dm/post then they must be uncovering alot.

I really don't know if they can fire him until the investigation is over since there is a teachers union? I just hope he gets what he deserves whether it's a slap on the wrist for being stupid on social media or as much as legal charges for being a predator. Right now all we hear are terrible stories about him and his wife for the last several years. I just hope that he gets the punishment to fit whatever crime or broken policy he committed, good or bad. I'm not sticking up for him because there is obviously something there but Social media tends give stories like this extra life.
Did strasburg hire him as a teacher?

I don't know what the guy did for sure but I hope the real truth comes out and he gets the just punishment. With that aside, let's talk basketball. he is a mediocre coach at best. He had 2 winning seasons in 9 years at Minerva and those were with the same team 2 years in a row and that team was very talented and underachieved. His offense doesn't score points and runs through 1 player, he starts his 5 favorite players, not the 5 best. He never beat rival Malvern and was usually out coached in those games. He claims that he left the program better than what he found it yet he couldn't field both a freshman and JV team the last few years so the numbers are down. He drove kids away from the program. I will give him credit because his teams did play hard, however, Many people were happy when he left because they have a very talented team coming up and he would have made them mediocre. Who knows, a couple more kids may have transferred to Malvern like a few did a couple of years ago. Minerva's basketball program had an immediate upgrade when he quit. Hopefully Strasburg can find someone quick

I don't know what the guy did for sure but I hope the real truth comes out and he gets the just punishment. With that aside, let's talk basketball. he is a mediocre coach at best. He had 2 winning seasons in 9 years at Minerva and those were with the same team 2 years in a row and that team was very talented and underachieved. His offense doesn't score points and runs through 1 player, he starts his 5 favorite players, not the 5 best. He never beat rival Malvern and was usually out coached in those games. He claims that he left the program better than what he found it yet he couldn't field both a freshman and JV team the last few years so the numbers are down. He drove kids away from the program. I will give him credit because his teams did play hard, however, Many people were happy when he left because they have a very talented team coming up and he would have made them mediocre. Who knows, a couple more kids may have transferred to Malvern like a few did a couple of years ago. Minerva's basketball program had an immediate upgrade when he quit. Hopefully Strasburg can find someone quick
They definitely had a JV and freshman team the last couple of years...Coach Hart was the freshman coach.

Let it play out.

I believe this is a blessing in disguise for strasburg. They need to find a winner.

Coach Green record of 79-128....3-9 in tournament w/ 1 district semi appearance...is not good.

They definitely had a JV and freshman team the last couple of years...Coach Hart was the freshman coach.
True, however, the freshmen played less than 1/2 of their scheduled games the last 2 years and had 5 or 6 players at each game. The numbers are down.

True, however, the freshmen played less than 1/2 of their scheduled games the last 2 years and had 5 or 6 players at each game. The numbers are down.
I agree, the basketball numbers have been dwindling over the last 3-4 years. I don't know if that's because of because of Green or because kids don't play sports as much as they used to.

I think he coached less talented teams to play more competitively than they probably should've but the more talented teams underachieved during his time at Minerva.

Regardless, It wouldn't matter if he were John Wooden. It he is even a little guilty of what people claim he did, he should never coach again!

the only news I heard in Minerva is their house is for sale and it's empty. Hopefully Strasburg did move on and got a new coach. Minerva has a coach and has moved on. The entire situation is just strange. Hopefully the supposed investigation wraps up soon and this gets put to rest.

The latest I seen today was green resigned and they hired a new person ... See " Big Time Sports Ohio LTD" on Facebook.

Great news!!! Now the Strasburg kids can get back to normal, which is the most important thing. Sounds like 2 pretty good coaches taking over both programs.

Phil Shori... Great guy to talk to when the game isn't going on. When the ball is tipped watch out lol! Turns into a completely different person works the officials HARD and uses a tone of vulgar language on the side lines. I believe he can coach the game however his sideline antics could bring up some issues for those who might be offended by it. Watched it go on for two seasons while he was coaching at East Clinton.

Phil Shori... Great guy to talk to when the game isn't going on. When the ball is tipped watch out lol! Turns into a completely different person works the officials HARD and uses a tone of vulgar language on the side lines. I believe he can coach the game however his sideline antics could bring up some issues for those who might be offended by it. Watched it go on for two seasons while he was coaching at East Clinton.
I'd say he learned from one of the masters at a previous stop.