St. Xavier Football 2024

Definitely struggling, but got 3 or 4 sophomores starting on varsity
A few of their sophomores are probably some of the program's better players. One's hitting over .340, the other is their best pitcher - these younger players don't seem to be the problem. This isn't a youth issue, as the upperclassmen are the ones who are struggling.

A few of their sophomores are probably some of the program's better players. One's hitting over .340, the other is their best pitcher - these younger players don't seem to be the problem. This isn't a youth issue, as the upperclassmen are the ones who are struggling.
Best player in the program is a sophomore and looks like a special talent on the mound. I don't know, but does X have any D1 college bound baseball players in the junior or senior class? Hard to win at the D1 hs level in any sport, if you don't have dudes.

StX 2024 TEs
Anyone?
When Klare went down in Week 6, Coverdale pretty much eliminated the TE position
The only varsity TE candidates in the program (Sulfsted and Reilly) start on defense
Hearing that this position is in good hands with a pair of sophomores in Garrit Gunter So. 6’7” 210lb and Will Tiefenbach So. 6’2” 205lb both of whom will be D1 prospects

I saw Gunter play bball a few times this year and he's athletic. Who knows, he may have another growth spurt in him too.
He's a major talent. This spring and summer will be big for him in transitioning to varsity level football.
Gordy may play some TE early on as Gunter and Tiefenbach get up to speed.

2024 Defense
RE #15 Aden Reeder Jr. 6’2” 190lb
NG #94 Ben Boerger Sr. 6’1” 222lb
LE #11 Gordy Sulfsted Sr. 6’5” 235lb offers from Pittsburgh, Iowa, Louisville, Minnesota, Purdue, Duke, Rutgers, Boston College and Cincinnati
OLB (Will) #30 Ben Lehman Sr. 6’0” 190lb
MLB (Sam) #34 Caron Seymour Sr. 5’9” 210lb
OLB (Jet) #3 Daniel Vollmer Jr. 6’2” 205lb
Adj #10 Kobe Clapper Jr. 6’1” 180lb offers from Pittsburgh, Kentucky, Boston College, Cincinnati
FS #23 Brayden Reilly Jr. 6’2” 180lb
SS #5 Lucas Bishop Sr. 5’10” 160lb
CB #28 Shane Strayhorn Sr. 5’11” 170lb
CB #19 Zayden Harvey Jr. 5’10” 170lb
So with the transfer of the Harvey's move Reilly from FS back to CB
Move Reeder from DLine back to FS
Remove my pipe dream of having DVollmer play both ways as he will be strictly offense (RB, QB, slot) and kick return
So that leaves a spot at RE and Jet.
Both are wide open headed into spring/summer with too many candidates to list

Remove my pipe dream of having DVollmer play both ways as he will be strictly offense (RB, QB, slot) and kick return
Hey ReJect, do you see D Vollmer continuing as a wildcat option or can you realistically see him under center as the every down QB? Not trying to stir anything up or be a wise guy, just trying to get your opinion. GBM 💪 🏈

Vollmer recently performed well at an Elite 11 camp. QBs there were from Ohio, Missouri, Illinois and S. Carolina. Per ReLoad, the X QB competition is a 5-man race. We'll see how it plays out.

Reeder is too big and not fluid enough to play FS. Keep him Locked in at LB or RE. Depending on how the WR position shakes you may find a FS from that group

Hey ReJect, do you see D Vollmer continuing as a wildcat option or can you realistically see him under center as the every down QB? Not trying to stir anything up or be a wise guy, just trying to get your opinion. GBM 💪 🏈
I think he can be an everydown qb. Will be interesting seeing his handle and processing of the playbook in year 2. Overall I just think he wants to play and be out on the field and he doesn't care where that is. In all reality I know what they said, but I think we all know who (QB#7) they will give every initial opportunity to (especially since he will be a Sr). Either way it's going to be interesting to see what they cobble together for week 1.

I think he can be an everydown qb. Will be interesting seeing his handle and processing of the playbook in year 2. Overall I just think he wants to play and be out on the field and he doesn't care where that is. In all reality I know what they said, but I think we all know who (QB#7) they will give every initial opportunity to (especially since he will be a Sr). Either way it's going to be interesting to see what they cobble together for week 1.
As long as the coaching staff can be objective is all that matters. No one likes to see a decision based on pedigree or outside influence. We are all looking for a great GCL-S race and may the best team deliver. Thanks for your insight. GBM 💪 🏈

Reeder is too big and not fluid enough to play FS. Keep him Locked in at LB or RE. Depending on how the WR position shakes you may find a FS from that group
Reeder is doing varsity track right now in sophomore year.
Just hit 18 feet in the long jump and ran under 12 seconds in the 100 yard dash.
Will probably be 6'2" 200lb this pre-season (recent pic below with older brother Kam)
Jet is likely position for his junior season

1714354990654.png

Any word on where the Harvey’s are going?

Well that was their original destination but they were apparently seen recently shadowing at Elder and McNick. So unless you have some new insight (maybe you do) word was with the Purcell coach and a few players leaving things have changed their minds.

The offensive guru is going home to Louisville and taking his talents to the next level.
Thanks for 5 great years Coach Cov

The Bomber offense in his first 3 years were spectacular (2019-2021), breaking individual and team passing and total offense records and setting a record for running clock games.

He had talented skill players to work with in Liam Clifford, Marshall Lang, Matt Rueve, Charles Kellom, Brogan McCaughey, Jalen Patterson and Terrill McFarlin.

Only the offensive skill talent from 1997 to 2001 was arguably better
QBs: Jayson Arling (1997), Matt Williams (1998) and Marty Mooney (1999-2001).
Receivers: Rocky Boiman (1997), Michael Larkin (1997-99), Nick Larsen (1998-99), Sam McDonald (2001), Jeff Buening (1999-2000), Josh Williams (2000-01), Matt Williams (1997), Eric Arling (1997-99) and Brad Duesing (2000-01)
Running Backs: Steve Sollman (1997-99), Enye Willingham (2000), Luke Linz (2000-01)

Watch him bring back the OC from the 1st state championship team
Coach Klotz Sr is currently at Oak Hills as QB Coach and his son is the OC. Specht definitely needs to make that call. I've heard nothing but positives concerning Coach Klotz Jr. as an OC, plus bringing Bob back in any capacity would be a double win for St. X.

I'd assume they have ample options already on staff to choose from.
Do they? Cov was OC and QB coach. It's a different animal orchestrating an offense. I do think they promote from within due to time constraints and then open up the job next year...unless they already knew this was a possibility and Specht had already reached out to a few people and has someone in mind ready to go.