St. Xavier Bombers 2016: Clifford or Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Coach Lallathin, Coach Specht and the recruiters can convince the upperclass football players who are committed to play football in college to continue to play basketball for StX all 4 years. :shrug:

Went to watch Wolf, Jefferson and Wittrock play at Roger Bacon. Wittrock never played and Jefferson and Wolf, who I thought both played well, played well but played minimal minutes. I am not sure why they would play and risk injury. Just my thoughts.

Went to watch Wolf, Jefferson and Wittrock play at Roger Bacon. Wittrock never played and Jefferson and Wolf, who I thought both played well, played well but played minimal minutes. I am not sure why they would play and risk injury. Just my thoughts.

High school basketball is brutal.
Without a shot clock most of the game is just a glorified game of keep away.
GCL games with halftime scores in the single digits was enough for me.
Don't know much about Lallathin or his program.
I do know the player's love being a part of Specht's program and if they can be a part of it all year long why not?
All 3 of the players you mentioned will be playing football in college and at least the latter 2 will be all expenses paid.
This will likely be the case for the majority of the 14 football players currently in the basketball program.

Probably because study after study shows specialization doesn't work. ReTaard, obviously, doesn't grasp this concept.

Probably because study after study shows specialization doesn't work. ReTaard, obviously, doesn't grasp this concept.

I think it is much less about specialization and more about the workload of sports today, compared to years ago. Guys start lifting early morning in January through the end of the school year. Mini camp starts mid July and the season ends late in the year (depending upon playoff run). I think some guys need a break from jumping right into another sport, especially if they are not passionate about playing the sport.

Take the plank out of your eye first my friend. Speaking the truth isn't failing anyone.

I don't befriend fake Christians. The next time you speak truth will be the first time you've spoken it in this thread (or at least the last 2 pages of this thread).

And sorry, but specializing your kid is failing him. And being a fake Christian is failing your parents who spent money for you to go to a Christian/Catholic school.

I don't befriend fake Christians. The next time you speak truth will be the first time you've spoken it in this thread (or at least the last 2 pages of this thread).

And sorry, but specializing your kid is failing him. And being a fake Christian is failing your parents who spent money for you to go to a Christian/Catholic school.

Lol...I'm not looking for your friendship this is a sports thread last time I checked. My kid did just fine...he's on a full ride scholarship....so maybe allow for the fact that your way isn't necessarily the ONLY RIGHT way. When people start accusing others of being fake anything....I start to look at them a little harder if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Last I checked, you don't have to be a Christian or Catholic to attend a Catholic school. I had many classmates in my class who were not Catholic. They were sent for the educational benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.