St. Xavier...Any news?

I'm thinking maybe Fleming goes to St. X (with his dad's legacy at LaSalle, I can see the appeal of building a legacy at the other school on North Bend) and we see a Martin/Martin coaching duo at Summit with the idea that Sam will eventaully take the reigns at his alma mater. He's is a college graduate now, likely ready to start earning his stripes in coaching, who better to pave the way for him...
Sam ain't going into coaching. The kid is already doing well out in the work force. If he was going to stay in coaching Wes Miller would have found him a spot.

Sam ain't going into coaching. The kid is already doing well out in the work force. If he was going to stay in coaching Wes Miller would have found him a spot.
All the more reason to keep your day job and coach high school kids to say close to the game? I'm leaving it on the table until we hear for sure!

It’s a shame another once great program is going through this. Doesn’t take long for the Splineless administration n board to wreak havoc at so many schools !

It’s a shame another once great program is going through this. Doesn’t take long for the Splineless administration n board to wreak havoc at so many schools !
Very much a shame that a few spineless administrators have so much power. I have heard the alumni are irate. Noska had the program going in the right direction. The AD and principal need to go!

I'd say that overall he started off very strong but has declined since that first year. Was it enough to get fired? Probably not. I think alot of people were surprised at their results this year, especially as they seemed to get worse as the season went on.

Some say it was his fault for the decline, others say it was going in the right direction. Not sure who is right.

At this point, any candidate in his right mind, would have to consider if it is worth it to coach at X? The fact that it has taken this long and the process is this muddy, makes you second guess applying for this position, let alone accept the job.

At this point, any candidate in his right mind, would have to consider if it is worth it to coach at X? The fact that it has taken this long and the process is this muddy, makes you second guess applying for this position, let alone accept the job.
I think its them taking their time to find the right candidate that they feel can help them win with the talent they have but also that can attract more talent to choose X from 8th to 9th grade. It would only be concerning if it was June and they don't have a coach they'll have a coach within the next two weeks and be able to have a full off season and be fine

I think its them taking their time to find the right candidate that they feel can help them win with the talent they have but also that can attract more talent to choose X from 8th to 9th grade. It would only be concerning if it was June and they don't have a coach they'll have a coach within the next two weeks and be able to have a full off season and be fine
Meanwhile, everyone else in the state is getting better by having weights, open gyms, etc.. I understand your point, but how much time do you really need? Seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors. Or is St. X getting declined by applicants so the process is taking longer?

Meanwhile, everyone else in the state is getting better by having weights, open gyms, etc.. I understand your point, but how much time do you really need? Seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors. Or is St. X getting declined by applicants so the process is taking longer?
I wouldn't blow it out of proportion they can still have weights and open gym without the head coach being named but I think they know who they want and they are waiting to get an answer

By the time they hire a basketball coach, they might have to move on to finding a baseball coach. They haven’t even been competitive with good teams lately and have struggled with smaller schools and lesser opponents as well. Yesterday it was a 4-1 loss to a 3-8 La Salle team. If the job Noszka did wasn’t good enough…

By the time they hire a basketball coach, they might have to move on to finding a baseball coach. They haven’t even been competitive with good teams lately and have struggled with smaller schools and lesser opponents as well. Yesterday it was a 4-1 loss to a 3-8 La Salle team. If the job Noszka did wasn’t good enough…
There’s no question they’re missing their coach from last year (Sherlock) as well as their pitching coach. (Earhardt?), but it would still be surprising if they moved on after one year. It remains to be seen if they can turn things around, but I completely agree it’s been ugly and seems to be getting worse.

There’s no question they’re missing their coach from last year (Sherlock) as well as their pitching coach. (Earhardt?), but it would still be surprising if they moved on after one year. It remains to be seen if they can turn things around, but I completely agree it’s been ugly and seems to be getting worse.
The baseball bombers were 6-21 in coach Sherlock’s first three seasons of play in the gcls. After inheriting a .500 squad(5-5, 16-12) from 2013. Give the new coach some time to right the ship.

Coffee talk this morning.... I heard they backed up the Brinks truck to Eric Coulter but he turned it down and stayed loyal to Petro and Alter... Not a bad decision when you have transfers coming in and a big guy that is currently getting recruited by power 5 schools.

The baseball bombers were 6-21 in coach Sherlock’s first three seasons of play in the gcls. After inheriting a .500 squad(5-5, 16-12) from 2013. Give the new coach some time to right the ship.
It’s absolutely too early, and if the Bombers can turn things around, perhaps with at least one win vs Moeller next week, and win two or three tourney games, it’s a moot point.

If it doesn’t turn around, though, it’s a conversation that’s going to happen. I looked at Sherlock’s old scores, especially 2015 since that was their worst GCL season. They were still competitive even in a fourth place finish, with the most lopsided result being 14-6 against LaSalle. They also performed well in a brutal non conference schedule with wins vs Louisville St X and Highlands (arguably the two best programs in Kentucky), Badin, St Ignatius, Mason, and Oak Hills. That’s a long list of quality wins.

This year’s squad, just in the last two weeks, has been run ruled twice in five innings (Elder and St Ignatius) and has not been competitive in ANY of the last six games in the league and Jesuit Cup (their most comparable opponents). The “highlights” have been 4-1 losses versus Elder and LaSalle.

The biggest thing, though, is that they seem to be going the wrong direction.

The talent level is also well above where it was ten years ago. What did Sherlock have in his first three years as far as D1 kids? McDonough and Elsen? Am I missing anybody? And no D1 pitchers? Now they have multiple D1 kids every year and multiple both on the mound and at the plate.

With the talent they have, there’s certainly a good chance they can build some momentum going forward. If they don’t, the decision they make is not going to have anything to do with the previous coach (unless they thought they could get him back) since that was under a different AD and President, but rather about whether they believe DiGiacomo is the right guy going forward. The previous administration went out and got the guy they wanted. This time it took them quite a while to settle on a guy they knew well and who was supposedly campaigning for the job before it was ever posted. That doesn’t bode well.

All they have is swimming and Specht

Could they be in a place where they couldn't land anyone on their list and had to start over?

That would be embarrassing for the AD for sure.

Hearing that their 1st two choices turned them down and now they're trying to decide on the 3rd choice. Don't be surprised if this ends up being a late decision into mid-May.