St. Xavier...Any news?

BL-UE

Any progress on the coaching search yet? I'm sure there is an assistant running it for now, but I'd say the kids want to get in the gym soon.

I’m not familiar with Kyle McBride. Is he still deemed the front-runner? Any updates with St. X? Wyrick would be a great hire for X, but he would be leaving behind great talent at Fairfield.

And he's the frontrunner for the X job? Help me understand that.
Marnie GIF by Farmer Wants A Wife

Well I guess he's not the frontrunner for St X.

However, Wyrick and Fleming seem to be 2 very good options. I would think Wyrick would be the frontrunner based on his great success at Fairfield.

However, Wyrick and Fleming seem to be 2 very good options. I would think Wyrick would be the frontrunner based on his great success at Fairfield.
This makes no sense to me!!!! Why would Wyrick want to leave Fairfield?

Someone, Anyone give me a reason.... Fairfield has been the better program for the last 20+ years, no way St. X can BEAT public school money!

This makes no sense to me!!!! Why would Wyrick want to leave Fairfield?

Someone, Anyone give me a reason.... Fairfield has been the better program for the last 20+ years, no way St. X can BEAT public school money!
Maybe they have a non-teaching job that will pay him well. He also might have an interest in seeing how much talent he can bring in through recruiting.

I guess if you blow through the GMC for 3 years, you could possibly be up for a new challenge. Their incoming roster for next year is good, but not loaded. Real guard heavy with not a lot of inside presence. The Big 3 are gonna be hard to replace. A lot of minutes off for grabs.
If you can recruit to Fairfield…you definitely can recruit to St. Xavier. Time will tell.

Given what Specht makes, StX would have no problem matching DJs take home pay at FF.
Better factor in the STRS retirement that Wyrick is already well-invested in through being at public schools for awhile. My wife's measly archdiocese retirement doesn't match what Wyrick gives up in STRS $'s. Ryan Fleming has always taught private so its a much easier move for him--and he's a heckuva coach!!

Well, if you get Fleming you get a 2 for 1 and get back one of the best coaches to ever coach in Cincinnati in Scott Martin. Or you could just hire Martin. I know there is talk of that and he's already in the building. He's coaching with Fleming currently.

Well, if you get Fleming you get a 2 for 1 and get back one of the best coaches to ever coach in Cincinnati in Scott Martin. Or you could just hire Martin. I know there is talk of that and he's already in the building. He's coaching with Fleming currently.
Why would Martin want to coach there again? He knows all about the lack of support from administrators. They don’t deserve him.

WOW, DJ Wyrick, that would be one heck of a hire for X. Dude has flat out got it done at FF.

“Frontrunner” would assume he has interest in the job. Not sure why he would sign up for that situation based on what he has now. Of course there are some deep pockets at St X which could persuade a quality candidate to put up with a bit.

Why would Martin want to coach there again? He knows all about the lack of support from administrators. They don’t deserve him.
You are correct, they don't deserve him. And you are also correct, he knows the administration is clueless. But if anyone knows what needs changed to be successful he does. Even while he's been at Summit he has still been in the building.

I'm thinking maybe Fleming goes to St. X (with his dad's legacy at LaSalle, I can see the appeal of building a legacy at the other school on North Bend) and we see a Martin/Martin coaching duo at Summit with the idea that Sam will eventaully take the reigns at his alma mater. He's is a college graduate now, likely ready to start earning his stripes in coaching, who better to pave the way for him...