Rondo ejection play

That's exactly the point! You asked if Rondo intended to bump the official, and I said that intention was irrelevant in this case. An elbow may or may not be a foul when it occurs during the course of the game (as some would say, when making a "basketball move"). But bumping an official when the clock is stopped and play is not occurring, that is automatically an ejection. Basketball isn't being played at that time. For Rondo's play, the clock had been stopped, play had been suspended, and Rondo then bumped an official; therefore, his intention had no bearing on the ref's decision.

I've never seen anyone elbow someone in the head running down the court and have it not called a foul. :shrug:

Yeah, basketball wasn't being played during the elbow either. By "basketball move" or whatever it was exactly I said I clearly did not mean running up court after making a basket.

Yeah, basketball wasn't being played during the elbow either. By "basketball move" or whatever it was exactly I said I clearly did not mean running up court after making a basket.
I've seen guys elbow each other after a made basket. I remember Robert Parish popping Bill Laimbeer after a made basket as they went up the floor together. No foul called.

I've seen guys elbow each other after a made basket. I remember Robert Parish popping Bill Laimbeer after a made basket as they went up the floor together. No foul called.

Things are different now. A seen intentional elbow will get called every time.

Btw, I've seen guys swat a ref on the rear end, put their arm on their shoulder, etc all whilst protesting a call....no Ts. :shrug:

Things are different now. A seen intentional elbow will get called every time.

Btw, I've seen guys swat a ref on the rear end, put their arm on their shoulder, etc all whilst protesting a call....no Ts. :shrug:
So have I. But I've never seen a guy bump a ref and not get a technical.

I agree that things are different now, which is why I have no objection to the length of Metta World Peace's suspension. If that had happened in the 1990's, I might have expected one game. But times have changed. Remember a few years back when Carmelo was suspended 15 games for throwing a punch that didn't even land? That's when I realized that the league was getting a little too wussified.