Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Highland by 1-8

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Highland by 9-16

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Highland by 17+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You are entirely correct on the forward progress play. The backs were both being pushed way back and the refs were blowing the whistle to end the play before the QB took off. Nobody chased him because the play had been blown dead already.

As for the onside kick? Touched at 9 yards. Correct call.View attachment 49704
I think it hit an Avon player before this.

Yeah I was at the game I don't even think the kid was a quarterback I think it was a receiver that was playing quarterback
I remember that the Qb was somewhere between the 3rd and 5th string as well as a ton more starters were out. I have no dog in the fight, but that night I felt bad for Avon.

He didn't state that his criteria was for closed enrollment schools. His criteria was NEO D2 public schools. Massillon fits all of his criteria.
I’m saying Avon, Highland and Hudson are different in that sense. If those schools were open enrollment they’d be D1 overnight……
There is something to be said living in the community you play for.

I’m saying Avon, Highland and Hudson are different in that sense.
Closed enrollment schools, on average, are more successful than open enrollment schools.

If those schools were open enrollment they’d be D1 overnight……
Not necessarily. An open enrollment district can put limits on the number of outside students it accepts.

There is something to be said living in the community you play for.
How many Massillon players don't live in Massillon?

I think it hit an Avon player before this.
This is exactly what I'm talking about why bashing referees is ridiculously 99% of the time. Watch the video on social media and tell me what the hell happened with any certainty let alone calling it live in the moment. I can't stand Massillon and the only time I have ever seen a team get truly homered was Massillon vs Green in 2021.

This is exactly what I'm talking about why bashing referees is ridiculously 99% of the time. Watch the video on social media and tell me what the hell happened with any certainty let alone calling it live in the moment. I can't stand Massillon and the only time I have ever seen a team get truly homered was Massillon vs Green in 2021.
By think, I mean I’m pretty sure it did. It seemed pretty clear in real time at the game. The social media video is something straight out of the 80s in terms of quality.

Closed enrollment schools, on average, are more successful than open enrollment schools.

Not necessarily. An open enrollment district can put limits on the number of outside students it accepts.

His response to your last question, if he even bothers to respond, ought to be interesting to say the least.

They got the fourth down call wrong. Period. They didn’t know where the ball was AND they are supposed to err on the side of holding the whistle until you’re sure because they can’t fix an early whistle.

OF, imo, wins that game if they get the call right.
Didn’t get the call and Avon won

1. Define success? On what scale? State championships? Okay, I think open/private schools own that “success”.
2. You being as intelligent as you as know it’s an uphill battle going against open enrollment and private schools. Every year these schools competitive balance numbers are zero. The state created rules because of the imbalance in competition….
3. I don’t log or chart where high school kids live. However, I’m pretty sure the Tigers competitive balance numbers are not 0…
4. Avon vs Medina should be an instant classic!

1. Define success? On what scale? State championships? Okay, I think open/private schools own that “success”.
You should not conflate open enrollment and private schools, nor should you use raw numbers. About 80% of the schools are open enrollment publics. Are they 80% of the playoff field?

2. You being as intelligent as you as know it’s an uphill battle going against open enrollment and private schools. Every year these schools competitive balance numbers are zero. The state created rules because of the imbalance in competition….
If being open enrollment is such an advantage, don't you find it puzzling that half of the public schools left in D2 are closed enrollment?

3. I don’t log or chart where high school kids live. However, I’m pretty sure the Tigers competitive balance numbers are not 0…
They aren't. So what?

4. Avon vs Medina should be an instant classic!
Avon is not playing Medina.

By think, I mean I’m pretty sure it did. It seemed pretty clear in real time at the game. The social media video is something straight out of the 80s in terms of quality.
If you saw it clearer than a referee did who was 10 yards away while you are 100 yards away then sign up and officiate.

If you saw it clearer than a referee did who was 10 yards away while you are 100 yards away then sign up and officiate.
To be fair, I had a better angle than he did. He was behind the Avon player and would have been harder to tell from his vantage point.

You should not conflate open enrollment and private schools, nor should you use raw numbers. About 80% of the schools are open enrollment publics. Are they 80% of the playoff field?

If being open enrollment is such an advantage, don't you find it puzzling that half of the public schools left in D2 are closed enrollment?

They aren't. So what?

Avon is not playing Medina.
Private school apologist would argue open enrollment and private school is the same thing. Im simply saying it’s another hurdle/stop sign closed enrollment public’s have to deal with and it makes it that more of a challenge… Would the Tigers be the team they are with a CB of 0? We all know that answer. :)

Not puzzling at all. Simply a coincidence. Puzzling would be how TCC won state and jumped back to D3.

The Avon Eagles vs The MEDINA Highland Hornets.

It was 4 of six last year. Was that a coincidence too?
Massillon is elite because of open enrollment....Move on. People aren't moving into Massillon and I'm pretty sure the population isn't on the incline, so it would be nearly impossible to build an elite program there with just Massillon kids. Would Massillon be good if they were closed enrollment probably, but probably limited to Sweet 16 Elite 8 Good not most talented team in the state Good. State Title chances would like be astronomically lower. At the end of day the trophy says State Champs... nothing about enrollment, so accept the good fortunes and use them to your advantage.

Massillon is elite because of open enrollment....Move on. People aren't moving into Massillon and I'm pretty sure the population isn't on the incline, so it would be nearly impossible to build an elite program there with just Massillon kids. Would Massillon be good if they were closed enrollment probably, but probably limited to Sweet 16 Elite 8 Good not most talented team in the state Good. State Title chances would like be astronomically lower. At the end of day the trophy says State Champs... nothing about enrollment, so accept the good fortunes and use them to your advantage.
💯

Explain Avon. They certainly qualify as elite. If they can do it, why couldn't Massillon?

You would be wrong; the population of Massillon is increasing.

Bottom line: you know a lot of things that just aren't so.
Sorry my "opinion" is that Massillon would be good/great without open enrollment, but elite. I spoke too soon on the population that was a poor assumption on my part. I'm sure the youth program, coaching, facilities, tradition would continue to let them win their region from time to time especially in region 7. All I'm saying is without open enrollment you will not be playing St Eds and Hoban and have the impression, wow the talent looks equal if not give the edge to Massillon from time to time. If you disagree that a closed enrollment Massillon would still resemble the last 10 Massillon teams then we disagree. We honestly will never know because why would they change since what they are doing is legal.

Closed enrollment does not mean you don't get transfers, it means they moved to the district. That is why Owens and Pringle being Massillon's 2 most notable transfers have 0 CB points. As if that makes the haters feel better, lol. If Massillon was closed enrollment it might have some effect, but a very minimal one imo. The kids who want to come will still come.