Region 16 Playoffs

It was a “wink” to my Coed brethren that I think Alter takes them down next week.
CasualO, it appears you attended last night. I’m not saying this changed the outcome of the game but is it permissible to pound a QB into the turf in HS football? I know two no calls last night on Massie would have been flagged in the NFL. If it’s not a penalty it probably should be. I didn’t notice Coach Orlando complaining much but he rarely does. Just a question not “sour grapes”.
Yes, As many times as he broke tackles and ran for huge yardage. He is a ball carrier. When he is out of the pocket , he is the same as a running back. He is damn good with his feet. He had to have 100+ yds running the ball. Deadly duel threat.

McNick is my pick to win GCL next year….

For me(and quite a few others). We feared the MCNick game more than Wyoming or Alter. Both are far more predictable than McNick. With critical injuries, Alter should be another good game.

Yes, As many times as he broke tackles and ran for huge yardage. He is a ball carrier. When he is out of the pocket , he is the same as a running back. He is damn good with his feet. He had to have 100+ yds running the ball. Deadly duel threat.

McNick is my pick to win GCL next year….

For me(and quite a few others). We feared the MCNick game more than Wyoming or Alter. Both are far more predictable than McNick. With critical injuries, Alter should be another good game.
Did Massie have all their starting RBs playing? I was told that they were missing some starters due to knee injuries by my son in law (former Massie player)

Streamed the Wyoming/Taft game and I know its talked about a lot but I can't believe how undisciplined the Taft players and coaches are. They got called for back to back delay of game penalties on the extra point attempt. The coaches had the team huddle on the sideline both times and by the time they broke the huddle there was 10 seconds on the play clock. So many dumb penalties...you just can't beat good teams playing like that. Also- how in the hell does that stadium not have a play clock? Wyoming looks vulnerable against the pass..(their DB's got caught looking in the backfield a few times) but are pretty stout against the run.

This may well be McNicholas last season in D4. Student enrollment has jumped 25% in the past 2 years including a current Freshmen class with over 200 students. When is the next realignment to take place?

Clinton Massie vs Alter: Bellbrook

Shawnee vs Wyoming: Monroe or Wilmington

my site predictions
Massie and Alter at Monroe. Seats around 5100 people and pretty much the same driving time for both. I like the venue but IMO, the visitor stands can get a bit crammed and considering Alter travels well...well, stake out early. The parking is good but it can be a hike to the stadium.

Shawnee and Wyoming at Trotwood Madison. Seats less than 3100 people. Shawnee has a 40 minute drive and Wyoming an hour, depending on traffic on I-75. This venue will probably fit both the Braves and Cowboys, oh, my, fan base comfortably. I don't think either team travels very well, Wyoming better than Shawnee. Seems the stands are really far away from the field. Parking is good, short walk to the stadium.

Kind of seeing a Massie and Shawnee regional finals.

If you want to get out of there in any reasonable amount of time, park in the front lot and walk to the back where the stadium is at. It's a bit of a hike but it might save 30 minutes of sitting and waiting time.
Getting into this venue has more of a concern than getting out of it. I would have thought OHSAA to have flipped Brookville/Waynesville from the 9100 seating capacity at Centerville to Monroe and put Massie/Alter at Centerville.

I get the travel times and locations relative to the venues, perceived advantage, ect. but dang, their will be a heck of lot more people filing in to see Massie/Alter than Brookwhere and Wayneswho at a venue that fits 3X what Monroe does?