Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Celina by 1-8

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Celina by 9-16

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Celina by 17+

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Game at Trotwood. I hope Badin likes Celina fans sitting on the home side, because there will be a few thousand of us. Nice facility, but not much seating. Very disappointed.

Game at Trotwood. I hope Badin likes Celina fans sitting on the home side, because there will be a few thousand of us. Nice facility, but not much seating. Very disappointed.
Wapak and Tippecanoe both played against Badin at TW in '22 I don't remember there being any issues.

To the game. Badin’s SOS looks to be tougher than Celina’s. Points per game seem to be close, both offensively and defensively. Celina will need to study Wapak/Badin film. Last two weeks Celina has given up 6 long passes, 3 each to T-M and Tipp, if Celina can find a way to fix that, I feel we have a shot. Celina will need to play a flawless game on both sides and force some turnovers. Celina has taken down the #2 and #3 seeds in the region, is #1 next? Excited for the Celina community. Go dogs!

Anyone know who the winner of this game will play?
R12 will most likely play the R11 winner. According to Joe Eitel, 2018 was the last time the R12 winner played a region other than R11 (which is usually a Columbus team).

Alter defeated Norwalk out of R10 that year.

Last edited:
Plenty of seating, not the best but one of the flyer facility’s in Dayton. I will be on the Celina side, can someone bring me a Celina shirt or hat I can cash app you or pay you on Friday. Good luck to both squads.

This should be an exciting Regional Final. Like always, Badin is led by their outstanding defense. Celine is playing it's best football of the season. I would expect this to be a hard fought, competitive game, into the 4th quarter. I'll go with Badin to pull out the win, sealing the deal with a late TD. I'll say:

Badin 21
Celina 7

Badin couldn’t have played much worse offensively against Wapak. Turnovers and penalties were a killer and their QB was uncharacteristically inaccurate, I chalk that up to Wapaks incredibly good defense. Not to mention missing three field goals. I look for Badin to look much better this Friday
Badin 30
Celina 7

I'd give Badin the edge as the better, more complete team and say that Celina is the hotter team. Celina with back-to-back wins over region 12 mainstay Trotwood-Madison and then knocking off defending region champion Tippecanoe is an impressive playoff resume. I imagine, like most games, this game will be won at the line of scrimmage. Tipp folks commented on the Celina-Tipp thread that Celina was just dominant in the trenches. While Badin got beat at the line of scrimmage against Wapak in the first half, Badin took complete control in the second half with the absence of Wapak's QB as that offense became one dimensional. At least in the WBL, Celina's a bit more one dimensional than Wapak (Celina ranked 2nd in rush offense and 8th in pass offense). I think Celina will need to use their short pass game to keep Badin on their heels, but that may be difficult. Gabes is an incredible athlete for Celina, but Celina will need more in their arsenal to knock off Badin. One clear x factor seems to be an advantage for Celina's special teams. Celina has an excellent kicker and numerous times this year they've had game-changing special team plays like last week's blocked punt on Tipp. Celina's done stuff like that several times this year as they've thrived winning field position and converting a short field into points. I'm not sure if Badin will allow them to do that.

I'm looking forward to a great game. Sending the best of luck to the Bulldogs, but my pick is that the #1 seed will advance.

I'd give Badin the edge as the better, more complete team and say that Celina is the hotter team. Celina with back-to-back wins over region 12 mainstay Trotwood-Madison and then knocking off defending region champion Tippecanoe is an impressive playoff resume. I imagine, like most games, this game will be won at the line of scrimmage. Tipp folks commented on the Celina-Tipp thread that Celina was just dominant in the trenches. While Badin got beat at the line of scrimmage against Wapak in the first half, Badin took complete control in the second half with the absence of Wapak's QB as that offense became one dimensional. At least in the WBL, Celina's a bit more one dimensional than Wapak (Celina ranked 2nd in rush offense and 8th in pass offense). I think Celina will need to use their short pass game to keep Badin on their heels, but that may be difficult. Gabes is an incredible athlete for Celina, but Celina will need more in their arsenal to knock off Badin. One clear x factor seems to be an advantage for Celina's special teams. Celina has an excellent kicker and numerous times this year they've had game-changing special team plays like last week's blocked punt on Tipp. Celina's done stuff like that several times this year as they've thrived winning field position and converting a short field into points. I'm not sure if Badin will allow them to do that.

I'm looking forward to a great game. Sending the best of luck to the Bulldogs, but my pick is that the #1 seed will advance.
You got that right. Against Wapak, injuries played a huge rule in that embarrassing loss, but it was also the fact that Wapak shutdown Celina’s one go to.. and that was Gabes lol. Once they stopped him, it was really hard for the offense to do anything. I do think Celina has opened up their playbook a bit more in the playoffs but Gabes has still played a massive rule in the outcome of these games. But it also has to do with Celinas oline. They’re not the biggest anyone has ever seen but they are really strong and skillful and that’s been a huge factor in the last couple games and really this entire year. No matter how many times Celina ran the same play with Gabes, neither Tippecanoe or Trotwood could stop it because the mix between Braylon’s athleticism and the dominant line is a force to be reckoned with. So it’ll be really interesting to see what happens if Badin wins in the trenches and starts stopping the run. I hope they don’t just keep trying the same thing lol, they will definitely have to use their short passing game and try to get to the outside. Celinas been really successful on trick plays this year too so that may be another thing needed to help pull this off.

Badin looks like that 1 in front of their name is well deserved. I was very impressed with their heart to keep fighting against Wapak and win like that in the last few seconds. I’m looking forward to a really great game by both squads. If I’m being realistic, I think Badin definitely looks like a more complete team, but I’m a little biased towards my Bulldogs and I think they pull it off. It won’t be easy and it will take everything they have but I think their heart and their desire to keep doing things that Celina hasn’t done in a very long time will win em this one.

Don't know anything about Celina other than looking at some stats. I am having a hard time moving past the 30-3 loss to Wapak late in the season. I think Badin may have already played the top 2 teams in region 12 not named Badin (Bellbrook and Wapak) the past 2 weeks. If Celina's plan is to run right at the Badin front 7, they will struggle offensively and will need their defense to play as well as Wapak did last week to stand a chance. My feeling is Badin wins by a couple of scores this Friday, but again that's just a feeling, as I know very little about Celina.

Don't know anything about Celina other than looking at some stats. I am having a hard time moving past the 30-3 loss to Wapak late in the season. I think Badin may have already played the top 2 teams in region 12 not named Badin (Bellbrook and Wapak) the past 2 weeks. If Celina's plan is to run right at the Badin front 7, they will struggle offensively and will need their defense to play as well as Wapak did last week to stand a chance. My feeling is Badin wins by a couple of scores this Friday, but again that's just a feeling, as I know very little about Celina.
The Wapak loss can be summed into a few points as a Celina fan. I believe we had a hangover from the prior week as we clinched a share of the WBL title in week 9 so we dis not have a huge incentive against Wapak. I believe we pulled back in the 2nd half as well against Wapak as we had 3 injuries in the first half and did not want to risk any other injury. And finally, Wapak is a good team. Celina is a well conditioned team and our players can play all 4 quarters. Our conditioning helped immensely against Trotwood. If Celina can limit big pass plays, this will be a close game.

I look for this game to be very similar to the Bellbrook game and for the Rams to jump out to a nice halftime lead and cruise. I watched the Celina/Wapak game and was not impressed with Celina’s defense, doesn’t bode well for them

You got that right. Against Wapak, injuries played a huge rule in that embarrassing loss, but it was also the fact that Wapak shutdown Celina’s one go to.. and that was Gabes lol. Once they stopped him, it was really hard for the offense to do anything. I do think Celina has opened up their playbook a bit more in the playoffs but Gabes has still played a massive rule in the outcome of these games. But it also has to do with Celinas oline. They’re not the biggest anyone has ever seen but they are really strong and skillful and that’s been a huge factor in the last couple games and really this entire year. No matter how many times Celina ran the same play with Gabes, neither Tippecanoe or Trotwood could stop it because the mix between Braylon’s athleticism and the dominant line is a force to be reckoned with. So it’ll be really interesting to see what happens if Badin wins in the trenches and starts stopping the run. I hope they don’t just keep trying the same thing lol, they will definitely have to use their short passing game and try to get to the outside. Celinas been really successful on trick plays this year too so that may be another thing needed to help pull this off.

Badin looks like that 1 in front of their name is well deserved. I was very impressed with their heart to keep fighting against Wapak and win like that in the last few seconds. I’m looking forward to a really great game by both squads. If I’m being realistic, I think Badin definitely looks like a more complete team, but I’m a little biased towards my Bulldogs and I think they pull it off. It won’t be easy and it will take everything they have but I think their heart and their desire to keep doing things that Celina hasn’t done in a very long time will win em this one
I look for this game to be very similar to the Bellbrook game and for the Rams to jump out to a nice halftime lead and cruise. I watched the Celina/Wapak game and was not impressed with Celina’s defense, doesn’t bode well for them
Celina had 4 key starters that got injured. This is a different team. The way it sounds Celina shouldn’t even show up for this game. That’s what the talk was too when we played trotwood. If badin takes Celina lightly they may find themselves in a game.

Celina had 4 key starters that got injured. This is a different team. The way it sounds Celina shouldn’t even show up for this game. That’s what the talk was too when we played trotwood. If badin takes Celina lightly they may find themselves in a game.
If Badin overlooks Celina and turns it over 2-3 times they can find themselves within 2 scores. Wapak did everything imaginable against Badin and still couldn’t get the job done. Celina is in for a wakening.

If Badin overlooks Celina and turns it over 2-3 times they can find themselves within 2 scores. Wapak did everything imaginable against Badin and still couldn’t get the job done. Celina is in for a wakening.
So you’re downplaying the key injuries to the best players on Wapak and then the back up QB getting dinged up too but finished the game? After all that they still had a shot to win but couldn’t get a key stop.

So you’re downplaying the key injuries to the best players on Wapak and then the back up QB getting dinged up too but finished the game? After all that they still had a shot to win but couldn’t get a key stop.
No one felt sorry for Badin when they lost their star QB in 2021. Life’s a bitch and a stripper named Carmen