Private/Charter vs Public

If there is a split (which I don't want), I know Glenville will wanna go with the private schools because that's where the best competition is gonna be. Coach Ginn doesn't shy away from challenges. As for Steubenville, they'll definitely go with the public schools. Although I do wonder what excuses they'll make if they don't win the public school championship. Can't blame Glenville then, Big Red

If there is a split (which I don't want), I know Glenville will wanna go with the private schools because that's where the best competition is gonna be. Coach Ginn doesn't shy away from challenges. As for Steubenville, they'll definitely go with the public schools. Although I do wonder what excuses they'll make if they don't win the public school championship. Can't blame Glenville then, Big Red
That would make sense if he was already playing up. But playing in D4 kinda suggests otherwise.

OHSAA doesn't allow schools to play up, even if they want to. Glenville is D4 because that's where their enrollment dictates them to be
Ah you're right. When they discussed competitive balance they said they would allow teams to petition to play up. but that seems to have never come about.

Students must fill an application to be accepted at a charter school. Though they are publicy funded, the students

I wasn't aware I needed a certain status to be qualified for posting threads, my bad. As far as my take, separating regular season schedules by type of school probably would have no effect on the playoffs or who wins the state title, since the playoffs have been watered down by taking almost every school in a region. I simply wanted to create discussion about why people think it is necessary for any separation.
I remarked about you status of “well known” because one would think you’ve been around long enough to know this topic has already been discussed 1,800 times. (Which I alluded to in my post, including my own idiocy in jumping into it AGAIN.) This only ever serves to platform John Lee & the boys to spin a yarn about the “disadvantages” of Massillon football.

…the boys don’t want a split, you see. They want to do away w/ playoffs all together and get back to voting on champions and courting AP writers. Sorry if I spoiled the ending, everybody!

I remarked about you status of “well known” because one would think you’ve been around long enough to know this topic has already been discussed 1,800 times. (Which I alluded to in my post, including my own idiocy in jumping into it AGAIN.) This only ever serves to platform John Lee & the boys to spin a yarn about the “disadvantages” of Massillon football.

…the boys don’t want a split, you see. They want to do away w/ playoffs all together and get back to voting on champions and courting AP writers. Sorry if I spoiled the ending, everybody!
Gotcha.

Your signature sums it up pretty well....go back and read my first post (2nd overall) on this thread....what does the last line say?

No response?
None required.

Maybe you should go back and re-read post #9 which I edited to show that six non-publics have accounted for 29 of the 43 D1 titles since 1980. I originally omitted this information as it was not relevant to the post I was refuting. I added it just to show there's not a great disparity everywhere.

We buy houses and give players dads jobs....no tuition. Better stay down there in the basement and talk D7 ball.
Now hang on a second, John. I’ve definitely discussed football all the way up to DlV!

It occurs to me w/ your post that you do in fact, understand the tacky, low class, sour grapes diatribe. And yet, you still dropped in just to remind everyone that the Tigers get it honestly, and your real problem is with the pope.

It’s curious though…fundamentally it sounds like we agree. I don’t believe in the split either. Beat the team in front of you and what not. Don’t waste time on the absurd allegations about why a program always seems to be better than yours. Ain’t that a fact?

i’m not really seeing the point in legislating a separation of who you can play in the regular season, especially on a public vs private basis

not very freedom-like, brother 🇺🇸

If they split the Catholic schools will gut every public school in Ohio. There would be no rules at that point. Be careful what you wish for when you want to split.
That’s a ridiculous argument. Private schools have to operate on a business model. This means that when they bring in a student, the student must provide equal or a surplus to the cost to educate the child. If they simply bring in a student for free, they lose money. This does not equate well to keeping its doors open. Even vouchers only pay about 75 percent of the cost to educate the student.
For these reasons private schools would not just raid schools for athletic purposes. This would not be a successful business model…

Heard this was etched under Obie’s foot on the new terrifying statue downtown.
Now hang on a second, John. I’ve definitely discussed football all the way up to DlV!

It occurs to me w/ your post that you do in fact, understand the tacky, low class, sour grapes diatribe. And yet, you still dropped in just to remind everyone that the Tigers get it honestly, and your real problem is with the pope.

It’s curious though…fundamentally it sounds like we agree. I don’t believe in the split either. Beat the team in front of you and what not. Don’t waste time on the absurd allegations about why a program always seems to be better than yours. Ain’t that a fact?
I see where the true sour grapes are coming from. Why so bitter? Did one of your kids decide that playing for Massillon beats playing in front of a packed house of 1,200 in your D7 league?

None required.

Maybe you should go back and re-read post #9 which I edited to show that six non-publics have accounted for 29 of the 43 D1 titles since 1980. I originally omitted this information as it was not relevant to the post I was refuting. I added it just to show there's not a great disparity everywhere.
Exactly, currently there are only 5 parochials in D1 and that number hasn't varied all that much over the years.

I see where the true sour grapes are coming from. Why so bitter? Did one of your kids decide that playing for Massillon beats playing in front of a packed house of 1,200 in your D7 league?
I would lose sleep over it if I thought a D7 athlete could even play at Massillon! Am I right? …this thing on?

Thanks a lot @LCL 😂😂😂

There seems to always be a debate about public schools being at a disadvantage when it comes to competing against private/charter schools. With that in mind, what if it were proposed that private schools could only compete against private schools and public could only compete against public in the regular season. Then, when the playoffs begin public and private compete against one another. How much backlash would this generate?
This is my main reason for private schools to leave OHSAA Football,
& play football in the spring.

man, what are you even arguing here
^^This

His standard M.O.
youare GIF