Princeton vs Winton Woods

mostchilly

Any commentary on the Princeton vs Winton Woods game? I think the Vikes won 69-58. Appears to have been a good and tight game with Princeton pulling away in the fourth quarter.

Was anyone there or have a review?

Last edited:

I was there. Amazing game for both teams. The difference was Princetons big games experience from last seasons state title run and Gerton was just unstoppable. I will say this though, these are the two best D1 teams in the entire state and barring anything crazy I look forward to the rematch in the regional finals.

I was there. Amazing game for both teams. The difference was Princetons big games experience from last seasons state title run and Gerton was just unstoppable. I will say this though, these are the two best D1 teams in the entire state and barring anything crazy I look forward to the rematch in the regional finals.
WW going from bottom half of the ECC to top 2 in the state in one year...wow. I know they were young last year, but one year of experience doesn't seem like enough to make that huge leap. Looking at their roster it looks like they gained a freshman and 3 transfers (1 Middletown, and 2 Purcell Marian). Assume they are all big impact players then?

Maybe I was a bit hyperbolic but thats how it felt watching the game. I will say all three transfers made a significant impact in the game especially on the defensive end. I could see a couple other teams like your Masons, Lakota Wests, or Springboros being around their level but they are certainly in that upper echelon now. I think the rest of Ohio is still overall behind southwest and the state champion will once again come from sw. Winton Woods should definitely run the table in the ecc though, with maybe Lebanon, Kings, and West Clermont maybe having a small shot.

Maybe I was a bit hyperbolic but thats how it felt watching the game. I will say all three transfers made a significant impact in the game especially on the defensive end. I could see a couple other teams like your Masons, Lakota Wests, or Springboros being around their level but they are certainly in that upper echelon now. I think the rest of Ohio is still overall behind southwest and the state champion will once again come from sw. Winton Woods should definitely run the table in the ecc though, with maybe Lebanon, Kings, and West Clermont maybe having a small shot.
Definitely agree with this.

Nice to hear

I always felt if these young ladies stayed together when they came in as freshman, by the time they reach junior and senior year, they’d have a shot.

These are the 2 best teams in the city, region and state is TBD. Princeton's 1-2 punch in Gerton and Fortson is going to be hard to contain. WW has a deeper bench and is going to be a PROBLEM as Carlton continues to see specifically where the team and individual players need to develop. It was also good to see the crowd that came out to watch the young ladies.

20231126_191844.jpg

These are the 2 best teams in the city, region and state is TBD. Princeton's 1-2 punch in Gerton and Fortson is going to be hard to contain. WW has a deeper bench and is going to be a PROBLEM as Carlton continues to see specifically where the team and individual players need to develop. It was also good to see the crowd that came out to watch the young ladies.

The Lady Vikes went 1-1 on their trip to Tennessse. Lost Friday by 6 and win easy on Saturday. Haven’t found stats yet

The Lady Vikes went 1-1 on their trip to Tennessse. Lost Friday by 6 and win easy on Saturday. Haven’t found stats yet
Vikes stats up on the GMC website. Shot poorly in the first game. Second team they beat was undefeated where the team they lost to had already lost twice. Chalk it up to a bad game.

West Clermont just beat Winton Woods