Plans for the tallest building in the US are underway in Oklahoma City

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Plans to build the tallest skyscraper in the United States are shaping up in an unlikely metropolis: Oklahoma City.

Developers at a real estate company are adjusting the already ambitious plans to construct the Boardwalk at Bricktown Tower by a few hundred feet to make the building reach 1,907 feet high — which would make it the tallest in the country, the Oklahoma City Free Press reported.

Pretty cool! I hope it gets built.

Back in the eighties, I was lucky enough to go to the 107th floor observation deck of the South Tower of the World Trade Center before 9/11. An express elevator took you up. The cars on the Manhattan streets truly looked like Matchbox cars.

I thought we were told office space was going unused all over the country (and maybe the world). How many corporations, organizations are there in OKC to make this profitable?

It’s mostly residential and hotel space. Commercial is relatively small compared to what it probably would’ve been in the past

Is this in response to ruling that Oklahoma doesn't have authority over the tribal lands in the state? Not sure about the areas immediately around OKC, but the five major ones take up 44% of the state, and come pretty close toward the OKC metro area. There's other nations closer to OKC, but not sure the authority OK State has over them.

Either way, this seems like a boondoggle. Now, if this was proposed in Dallas or Houston, it would make sense.

Tornados 2.5 mile wide with the 2 highest windspeeds recorded on our planet went through there in the last 25 years...what could go wrong?