Philadelphia Flyers Coach does BS move.....

Should the coach have pulled the goalie in a tie game?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

vamp2syd

With todays technology you dam-n well know that the head coach of Philly new that Detroit and Montreal was heading into overtime which eliminated Philly from the playoffs. In a 1-1 game he pulls the goalie allowing Washington to score the game winner which eliminated Detroit from the playoffs and put Washington in.

I fully understand that Philly needed to beat Washington in regulation but once the other game went to overtime it was over for Philly. You finish the game with integrity and what happens .... happens. Pulling the goalie in a tie game with everything that was at state at the time was complete BS.

Eh...ya do what ya gotta do to win and if getting into the playoffs means ya have to win in regulation....go.for it.

Eh...ya do what ya gotta do to win and if getting into the playoffs means ya have to win in regulation....go.for it.

I get it if they were still in it. Once the Detroit/Montreal game went to overtime and Detroit got the point that eliminated Philly. If Detroit would of lost the game and Philly was still in contention then yes it would be a no brainer to pull the goalie. Pulling the goalie knowing that you have been eliminated in a 1-1 game is unethical. I'm sure he will say he didn't know the result but that would be BS. They know up to the second what was going on in the Detroit game.

Ends justify the means......kept the Dead Things out..

But helped the Caps and that's a bad thing. Huh.

When in doubt check his fan dual bets...

With todays technology you dam-n well know that the head coach of Philly new that Detroit and Montreal was heading into overtime which eliminated Philly from the playoffs. In a 1-1 game he pulls the goalie allowing Washington to score the game winner which eliminated Detroit from the playoffs and put Washington in.

I fully understand that Philly needed to beat Washington in regulation but once the other game went to overtime it was over for Philly. You finish the game with integrity and what happens .... happens. Pulling the goalie in a tie game with everything that was at state at the time was complete BS.
John Tortorella, so no surprise. Philly deserves him.

I get it if they were still in it. Once the Detroit/Montreal game went to overtime and Detroit got the point that eliminated Philly. If Detroit would of lost the game and Philly was still in contention then yes it would be a no brainer to pull the goalie. Pulling the goalie knowing that you have been eliminated in a 1-1 game is unethical. I'm sure he will say he didn't know the result but that would be BS. They know up to the second what was going on in the Detroit game.
He states he was informed of the Detroit score just after the Caps goal.

He states he was informed of the Detroit score just after the Caps goal.

there was 1 minute and 44 seconds between the Detroit goal and the goalie being pulled. Last game of the season and everything happening in real time. The announcers knew the moment the goal was scored. I am sure he knew.... Also, the controversial whistle that was blown that nullified a Philly goal earlier in the game was also hard to take.

there was 1 minute and 44 seconds between the Detroit goal and the goalie being pulled. Last game of the season and everything happening in real time. The announcers knew the moment the goal was scored. I am sure he knew.... Also, the controversial whistle that was blown that nullified a Philly goal earlier in the game was also hard to take.
You don’t think it’s possible that the coach was a little preoccupied, unm, coaching, that he might not have been constantly checking the score of the other game?

You don’t think it’s possible that the coach was a little preoccupied, unm, coaching, that he might not have been constantly checking the score of the other game?

Ummmm, you see he has assistance who have tablets and it was stated that he was going to be kept aware in case this scenario came up. He claims he did not know prior to pulling the goalie.... I call BS somewhere as there was over a minute and 40 seconds when he could of been told by who was tracking this.

As for pulling the goalie.... even if they were still alive for the playoffs he pulled the goalie way too early. Also know that this also eliminated Pittsburgh as well. (If Detroit lost in OT, Philly win, and a Pitt win then Pitt makes the playoffs). Philly and Pitt HATE each other...... so yes.... I think he knew and pulled the goalie anyway.

Ummmm, you see he has assistance who have tablets and it was stated that he was going to be kept aware in case this scenario came up. He claims he did not know prior to pulling the goalie.... I call BS somewhere as there was over a minute and 40 seconds when he could of been told by who was tracking this.

As for pulling the goalie.... even if they were still alive for the playoffs he pulled the goalie way too early. Also know that this also eliminated Pittsburgh as well. (If Detroit lost in OT, Philly win, and a Pitt win then Pitt makes the playoffs). Philly and Pitt HATE each other...... so yes.... I think he knew and pulled the goalie anyway.
If they Browns could tank a game in Week 18 that kicked the Steelers out of the playoffs... would you think Browns fans would be for or against the move?

Aside from that, i remmeber the Browns missing the playoffs thanks to the Colts-Titans SNF game.

Want to make the playoffs and not need help? Win another game.