Pete Rose at the Moeller Sports stag

Hehehe... you know, say what you will about Pete... I definitely think he should be in the HoF, and I'd love to have his autograph, but as a speaker? I dunno... either way he's sure to be a big draw, which is good news for Moe sports of course. :thumb:

I think it will be a hoot! If you have been to the stag before you know the gloves can come off. A few beers and it could turn into a roast!

I have a buddy on the Stag committee and he said MArk Dantonio and Mike Thomas are going to be there as guests. They are also trying to get Sean Miller and Andy Kennedy and are hoping those two will talk for a couple of minutes. Fuzzy is going to be there too,

moe4ever said:
I have a buddy on the Stag committee and he said MArk Dantonio and Mike Thomas are going to be there as guests. They are also trying to get Sean Miller and Andy Kennedy and are hoping those two will talk for a couple of minutes. Fuzzy is going to be there too,
as well as Anthony Munoz, and a few more tba...

My buddy and I will be in attendance.

Maybe Charlie Weis will come next year? I remember like 2 or 3 years ago Ty Willingham came and spoke.

Spectatorsport said:
My buddy and I will be in attendance.

Maybe Charlie Weis will come next year? I remember like 2 or 3 years ago Ty Willingham came and spoke.

Ty was an awful speaker!!! Spectatorsport, where were you last Saturday? We needed you at the Yappi Bowl!

Wheelman said:
Ty was an awful speaker!!! Spectatorsport, where were you last Saturday? We needed you at the Yappi Bowl!

Haha Yah I heard that he was.

I was recovering from Winter Quarter exams. I'll be game ready for the Yappi Bowls later in the spring.

I haven't been on the boards much this Fall / Winter due to school.

I'll choose to write a check to Moe rather than patronize a great ball player, but a total piece of s*** human being.

One thing I realized is I'm getting old, by going to alumni events now.

Not sure how others thought of the speakers, but it was really good! I look forward to next year. The MC was ok and had some really lame jokes on there. But Dave Lapham and Pete Rose were both really funny and good speakers. Pete even made a bunch of gambling jokes. You might not respect the guy for making a mistake by gambling and lying by it, but he sure could hit! (without the juice!) Nuxhall is awesome, everytime someone said his name he would stand up and raise his Bud bottle!

I sat with some random alums so that was cool and I saw Wheelman there so it's all good.

Rose was a great speaker and Lapham was pretty good too. I loved it when rose started out congratulating the guys for getting into Moe's HOF and then asked them...."How'd you do it!" It was a great time and worth the money.

Wheelman said:
Rose was a great speaker and Lapham was pretty good too. I loved it when rose started out congratulating the guys for getting into Moe's HOF and then asked them...."How'd you do it!" It was a great time and worth the money.

Hehehe... nice. I'll be sure to get in early next year and bring a few friends, this year I ran out of time unfortunately. Sounds like a great time.