Paula Abdul Sues American Idol EP Nigel Lythgoe for Sexual Assault

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
UPDATE: Nigel Lythgoe has denied the accusations, saying in a statement to E! News, "To say that I am shocked and saddened by the allegations made against me by Paula Abdul is a wild understatement. For more than two decades, Paula and I have interacted as dear—and entirely platonic – friends and colleagues. Yesterday, however, out of the blue, I learned of these claims in the press and I want to be clear: not only are they false, they are deeply offensive to me and to everything I stand for."

Lythgoe said that he "can't pretend to understand exactly why she would file a lawsuit that she must know is untrue." He added, "But I can promise that I will fight this appalling smear with everything I have."

So has Paula Abdul run out of money, faded too far from the spotlight, or both? The incidents she’s been “traumatized” by make a complete mockery of victims of actual sexual assault. She was so “traumatized” by the first “incident” she was only able to keep working with him for many years on two different shows AND accepted a dinner date at the guy’s home…where the second “incident” occurred.

Apparently the statute of limitations must have run out on all the NBA players who railed her when she was a Lakers cheerleader, and all the dudes who railed her as she climbed the pop music world ladder from dancer to choreographer to pop star?