Orange Regional

Alternates have been all added and updated. There was a small issue with an old bracket loading, that has been corrected now. Trackwrestling synched brackets will also go live shortly.

Latest adjustment:
Line 9, 145: (TV-1) Madi Hamilton, Teays Valley is out and alternate (LV-5) Hennali Haines, Liberty Union is in

The Danzy vs. Fairbanks R16 match becomes a big one!

Yes... buuuuutttttt... not what I was talking about.
Then ask the specific question you want the answer to, or go to the thread on the boys where that is one of the primary focuses, or start a separate thread.
'Disqualified wrestler advances, while 2nd wrestler is Disqualified after tournament (same weight)!'

I personally think it would be nice to keep this thread about the wrestling that took place. Just me though, and I have no control over what others post.

No it is 100% about a wrestler from Orange Region.
I don’t care much since I don’t have a dog in the fight.. my question is why did 4-5 refs miss the singlet at pre regionals & why did none of the coaches at pre regionals notice and/or have an issue? It’s something she’s been doing all year. While I’m not arguing that it’s right… I’m wondering why it took that long for a ref to catch? Did someone make a complaint? Tell the ref to check it?

So she did it for the handful of weigh-ins prior to post season... and it was illegal but nobody caught her... and then she got caught, but shouldn't be punished because she got away with it all year long...is that what you are implying?

So she did it for the handful of weigh-ins prior to post season... and it was illegal but nobody caught her... and then she got caught, but shouldn't be punished because she got away with it all year long...is that what you are implying?
No lol. I’m not implying anything, I typed exactly what I meant to say. There’s no hidden message in what I posted. I asked why it wasn’t caught earlier.

No lol. I’m not implying anything, I typed exactly what I meant to say. There’s no hidden message in what I posted. I asked why it wasn’t caught earlier.
I wasn't at Orange, but the problem is the informality of a lot of weigh-ins at regular season tournaments, so you don't have that same watchful eye you do at a post-season tournament.

With girls wrestling still trying to gain momentum in popularity, too often it gets treated like an off-season youth tournament where coaches show up, ask if they put this wrestler here in the open spot, or bump this girl up to get more matches etc.

I wasn't at Orange, but the problem is the informality of a lot of weigh-ins at regular season tournaments, so you don't have that same watchful eye you do at a post-season tournament.

With girls wrestling still trying to gain momentum in popularity, too often it gets treated like an off-season youth tournament where coaches show up, ask if they put this wrestler here in the open spot, or bump this girl up to get more matches etc.
Agreed. However, It wasn’t caught the week before at pre regionals. People are going to think I’m standing up for her, instead I’m questioning why the officials missed it multiple times. Should’ve been caught once and done. I’d like to see more consistency. It should’ve been caught EVERY time she tried it.

Agreed. However, It wasn’t caught the week before at pre regionals. People are going to think I’m standing up for her, instead I’m questioning why the officials missed it multiple times. Should’ve been caught once and done. I’d like to see more consistency. It should’ve been caught EVERY time she tried it.
I agree there

This is so spot on.

I felt that the quality of wrestling was very high across all four regionals. Very high.

At orange, lots of previous SQs got hung up.

As the host site, we spent Monday discussing ways to expand seating. It was double fans of last year but we will be more prepared for 2025 post season, if given the opportunity by ohsaa.

A similar situation happened at the Mentor regional with the singlet. A coach from school "A" pointed out to the head official that a girl from school "B" wasn't wearing a proper singlet (elastic bands on the legs was cut out). They allowed her to go change into her school singlet and the difference being she made weight.

A similar situation happened at the Mentor regional with the singlet. A coach from school "A" pointed out to the head official that a girl from school "B" wasn't wearing a proper singlet (elastic bands on the legs was cut out). They allowed her to go change into her school singlet and the difference being she made weight.
Interesting -- If you weigh-in with socks on and are over, you can't take them off to make weight -- but you can change a singlet when you are obviously trying to cheat. Can anybody make sense of that?

Last edited:
Interesting -- If you weigh-in with socks ion and are over, you can't take them off to make weight -- but you can change a singlet when you are obviously trying to cheat. Can anybody make sense of that?
Apparently you can do what you want now, I didn’t get enough girls out in the S/W so I’m gonna try our chances somewhere else. That should be good under the new guidelines. Right??

The 2 that have been in question should not be in the tournament. So many girls made the cut, made the weight correctly. There are also circumstances where a girl fluctuates herself out of the weight loss program, and they are deemed ineligible. The whole system should not be governed by one guy doing favors for Steubenville and Sandusky.

Interesting -- If you weigh-in with socks on and are over, you can't take them off to make weight -- but you can change a singlet when you are obviously trying to cheat. Can anybody make sense of that?
The sock rule is ridiculous to me but altered singlets is purposely trying to cheat the system.

Altered singlet was trying to cheat. She was DQed as she should have been. Powers that be reversed it. Total bs to all the girls that make weight and follow the rules. There should be an asterisk by that bracket. Carder is the true winner.