Open HS Jobs

Cheeringloudly

I heard the whole staff at Dublin Jerome quit.
Word has it, a number of players have quit already too. They were told they need to cut their hair to a certain length or they couldn't participate.

What a mess, all of the issues over the past couple of months is really sad. Can not imagine that the candidate pool will improve much with all that has taken place, when it re-opens in the Spring.

Last edited:

Smarty2022

Word has it, a number of players have quit already too. They were told they need to cut their hair to a certain length or they couldn't participate.

What a mess, all of the issues over the past couple of months is really sad. Can not imagine that the candidate pool will improve much with all that has taken place, when it re-opens in the Spring.
Athletics at that school being run by Progressives? They usually ruin everything they are involved in!

Thunderstick86

Sad that they have literally killed that program. Had a coach that was on point, and now it is disarray. Its a wonder what happens when you get clueless people involved.

Salem in Youngstown area is looking for a coach. They have a few good years in a row so I was surprised to hear their coach quit or was let go. I think it was the same guy from 2021 team that played Canfield twice and he was a younger coach.

No one here has heard if they hired anyone yet so i'm guessing they hired from within the staff.
To my knowledge the job hasn't even been posted yet. Admin is hoping DeBarr returns.

Regardless, there is word going through the hallways that Ron Johnson is applying for it.

#vomit

baldwinboyz

To my knowledge the job hasn't even been posted yet. Admin is hoping DeBarr returns.

Regardless, there is word going through the hallways that Ron Johnson is applying for it.

#vomit
I found out a bit more from one of our coaches. The old coach (Debar?) was not let go he stepped away. He was unsure why.

I would guess the job has been posted and already filled as they would be into work outs by now.

Is Ron Johnson Salem's football coach? Did he step down from that to take the baseball coaching role?

I found out a bit more from one of our coaches. The old coach (Debar?) was not let go he stepped away. He was unsure why.

I would guess the job has been posted and already filled as they would be into work outs by now.

Is Ron Johnson Salem's football coach? Did he step down from that to take the baseball coaching role?
Correct, DeBarr resigned. There's a handful of speculated reasons but it was a typical resignation letter with the "more time with my family" reason instead of the "I no longer want to be responsible for these kids and deal with their parents" like most resignation letters.

The position has not been filled. There isn't even any noise of potential candidates or interviews.

Ron is the head football coach, he has not stepped down from that role.