Official Hockey Thread

Awesome game 7 so far. Back and forth action

For the last two weeks Kenny Albert has been calling Rangers games on radio in NYC and Montreal, and then flying across the country to call Hawks/Kings the next night, then flying across the country again to call the next Rangers game. He is the man

Kings had a great defense but now they now have an offense on equal ground. The way they took on Chicago offensively was exciting to watch even though my Blackhawks were the ones that lost. I think NY has no idea what is coming their way. I say Kings in 5 or 6

I agree, New York is outclassed here. Lundqvist is great, but NY doesn't have the offensive firepower to go with LA in the type of shootouts we saw between LA and Chicago. They also don't have a good enough defense to shut them down and play low scoring games. I guess you could try to play physical and force them along the boards, but I don't see it working against guys like Brown and Kopitar.

I agree, New York is outclassed here. Lundqvist is great, but NY doesn't have the offensive firepower to go with LA in the type of shootouts we saw between LA and Chicago. They also don't have a good enough defense to shut them down and play low scoring games. I guess you could try to play physical and force them along the boards, but I don't see it working against guys like Brown and Kopitar.

Definitely. When they were showing Kings Players stats in the playoffs along Gretsky, Messier, Coffey,Hull etc you know that have some players having a great playoff season. Rangers need to learn from the Chicago mistakes on defense over extending and putting their goalie in a very bad position. Not sure how well the Rangers head coach is on adjusting throughout the game because LA and Chicago coaches were adjusting the whole series and throughout the games. LA has me hooked to want to watch more of them

Great series so far. Has anyone seen the list of things that the Kings have accomplished in the playoffs so far??

Series 1 against the Sharks... They were one of 4 teams in history to come back from a 3-0 deficit to win the series and win game 7 on the road.

Series 2 against the Ducks... Won game 7 on the road

Series 3 against the Hawks... Won their 3rd game 7 on the road making them the only team to win 3 game 7's on the road. Also it was the 1st ever game 7 win on the road in the conference finals (Chicago only lost 2 games at home this playoffs, both to LA). They were the 1st team in 35 years to overcome a 2 goal deficit and win game 7. Darryl Sutter got his 7th all time game 7 win (record).

Through the playoffs, they have won 7 elimination games which is the 2nd most ever by a team.

Ever since Saturday night's win, they have won three consecutive games overcoming a 2 goal deficit, which is a record.

I got my money on the Kings!

If the Rangers dont have Lundquist, they are a mediocre team.

Kings are looking as good as ever right now

The West is so much better than the East. I knew once the Kings took out the Blackhawks the Rangers would struggle against the Kings defense I am not sure the Rangers are even the third best team in the West.

The West is so much better than the East. I knew once the Kings took out the Blackhawks the Rangers would struggle against the Kings defense I am not sure the Rangers are even the third best team in the West.

I would agree considering the Rangers are in the East :thumb:

Last edited:
I know what conference the Rangers are in. I was trying to say if the Rangers were in the West they probably wouldn't even be a top team. Sorry you weren't able to pick up on that.

Dont try to say something, just say it.

Ok, so throw Montreal in the West, they arent even third best either. Nor is Philly, Columbus, Detroit, Boston, or Tampa Bay. I agree, the West is far superior than the East. Have been all year.