New Stadium/Old Stadium Renovations?

Z-Man

So fill it with stone.....the stadium is good other then the visitor stands. Put the track somewhere else and expand the stands. Sure cheaper than building new. Turf can come later.

If you like the stadium configuration you really should check out Lake Blue Streak Alumni Stadium, Very Impressive.

I disagree. the only thing impressive about lakes stadium is their giant overblown pressbox. I'm not sure but I think they skimped on the turf they bought. take a close look at the rug, you'll see what I mean.
The visitor bleachers are dangerous, no railings. older folks need railings when going down to their seats. You have to go from the top of the bleachers to get to your seat. kids are always blocking the view, going up and down from the crowd of people at the top, it sucks.
the porta potties also suck.
Parking is awful. you have to park across the street, way back behind some school, in scattered parking lots. to boot, the parking lots closer to the stadium are roped off with no one allowed to park in them. I hope we get two home games in a row like they did, so I dont have to go to that awful for visitors stadium.
The only reason I'm busting on their stadium is because they are constantly bragging on it and it aint all that great.
Our facility is much, much more people friendly. nice close parking, nice restrooms and consessions, nice visitor locker rooms nice normal sized pressbox and top of the line pro stadium turf.

Time to revive this thread. Rumors are swirling. Looks like Highland may finally build that new stadium over on the property south of where the high school sits. Anyone have more info?

The worst visitor stands in Ohio probably belong to Cloverleaf. The visitor stands are sad. Small, old, no aisles, no railings, the list goes on and on and on .....

And so you don't think we are biased, the home stands are not much better.

Good luck to Highland on their "maybe" planned renovations/new stadium.

I agree, NO TRACK at HS football fields. Some of these stadiums make you feel like you're in the next county when you take a seat. One of the many things that make Wadsworth's stadium so awesome. Now if Wadsworth could do something about their field, that place would be perfect.

The worst visitor stands in Ohio probably belong to Cloverleaf. The visitor stands are sad. Small, old, no aisles, no railings, the list goes on and on and on .....

And so you don't think we are biased, the home stands are not much better.

Good luck to Highland on their "maybe" planned renovations/new stadium.

I agree, NO TRACK at HS football fields. Some of these stadiums make you feel like you're in the next county when you take a seat. One of the many things that make Wadsworth's stadium so awesome. Now if Wadsworth could do something about their field, that place would be perfect.

Wadsworth has raised the money to put in artificial turf for next season.

Yes they are. The superintendent made the decision during the fall that replacing the current stadium would become a priority. A community member was appointed at the beginning of the year to lay out a plan to raise funds for a new stadium. Hiring a design firm is the next order of business. My understanding is that the timeline is to have a new stadium built and ready to use next year(2013-2014 school year) Since I haven't heard or seen specifics relating to fundraising, I have my doubts on the timeline, but there may be some sources of money that could make it happen.