New League is Three Rivers Conference

Never say never. Someone said something similar about Milton. LOL.

Ansonia to De Graff is a haul. Otherwise Ansonia is about the same as De Graff in terms of travel for the rest of the league members. Maybe an advantage for a few of them like Milton & Covington. And the opposite for East & Bethel.
Ansonia is 57 minutes and West Milton is 50 minutes. About the same depending on traffic. Ansonia travels to Preble Shawnee in the new conference and that’s 59 minutes. Miss Valley is even further for PS, 64 minutes. ?. This is why MU and the rest of the TRC wouldn’t want another school like Riverside joining. MU is traveling to Camden, Carlisle, Middletown and Waynesville right now. Riverside isn’t that bad comparing the two.

There are two issues I have with the TRC,
1. Name. It’s going to get mixed up with the TRAC.
2. Riverside seems way outta the mix geographically compared to the rest of the TRC. Just wondering how that school was invited and by whom?
But, looking at it there weren’t many choices left. Kinda like Dixie in the SWBL.
my guess is sidney lehman needed a more natural rival and riverside works: they both come from the NWCC. riverside doesn’t look great geographically right now, why do you think i proposed some champaign/logan county teams? also yes, they were really the best option left since Fort Loramie wouldn’t join in all sports

I would’ve rather seen a school like Ansonia or even Greenon join.
It’s all said and done now. Lehman was part of the old Southwestern Rivers conf with Covington, ME, MU, SCC, Versailles, Tipp, Ben Logan/Stebbins, etc. that was a great conference and Versailles would be a perfect addition but they are entrenched in the MAC. SCC isn’t an option and BL is in the CBC. SCC was actually one of the better programs back then. Lehman too. Times change.
It would be great to see Brookville and Versailles join this league. Imagine that conference.

I would’ve rather seen a school like Ansonia or even Greenon join.
It’s all said and done now. Lehman was part of the old Southwestern Rivers conf with Covington, ME, MU, SCC, Versailles, Tipp, Ben Logan/Stebbins, etc. that was a great conference and Versailles would be a perfect addition but they are entrenched in the MAC. SCC isn’t an option and BL is in the CBC. SCC was actually one of the better programs back then. Lehman too. Times change.
It would be great to see Brookville and Versailles join this league. Imagine that conference.
either of those teams would create some great matchups. if somehow versailles left the MAC (highly unlikely) then fort loramie would finally get in. i am still confused to why fort loramie turned down the TRC invite opting to stay in the SCAL and independent in football. would be a much better league for them. as far as greenon, i know they had talks about joining, but that fell through. they are a perfect size school, but maybe just a little far out. although i know greenon plays miami east and bethel in some sports. they used to play milton a lot back in the day (pre 2000’s). they are however right off 70, so bethel is 25 minutes, miami east is 40, troy christian is 35, milton is about 40, northridge is 25, and riverside is 45-50. greenon isn’t in the greatest situation now but it works. but when something happens in the OHC, i’m sure they will revisit

Along the lines of previous discussions of stretching the CBC footprint towards Columbus, the only real threat I could perceive towards the "core" of the CBC would be some new league west/northwest of Columbus where you could see some jumble of Bellefontaine, Ben Logan, Indian Lake, Alder, North Union, London, Fairbanks, Buckeye Valley, Kenton, Pleasant and Elgin. I don't see how that would really be much if any improvement competitively or geographically from what the aforementioned league schools currently have.
now that i think about it, replace Elgin with West Jefferson and you have a very strong conference.

either of those teams would create some great matchups. if somehow versailles left the MAC (highly unlikely) then fort loramie would finally get in. i am still confused to why fort loramie turned down the TRC invite opting to stay in the SCAL and independent in football. would be a much better league for them. as far as greenon, i know they had talks about joining, but that fell through. they are a perfect size school, but maybe just a little far out. although i know greenon plays miami east and bethel in some sports. they used to play milton a lot back in the day (pre 2000’s). they are however right off 70, so bethel is 25 minutes, miami east is 40, troy christian is 35, milton is about 40, northridge is 25, and riverside is 45-50. greenon isn’t in the greatest situation now but it works. but when something happens in the OHC, i’m sure they will revisit
Highly doubtful. There's another way Loramie can get in but I won't go there on this thread. There is limited options for the TRC to go at this time. Lets just let the league begin and if changes happen, they can deal with them then.

Highly doubtful. There's another way Loramie can get in but I won't go there on this thread. There is limited options for the TRC to go at this time. Lets just let the league begin and if changes happen, they can deal with them then.
agreed. but we all know you’re talking about parkway. and it’s only a matter of time. they re an odd fit anyways

I don't think it's a secret how Riverside and Northridge ended up in this league.
- Miami East, Bethel, and Covington were essentially booted from the CCC. They needed something!
- They contacted Milton-Union, who was interested.
- Then Troy Christian, who was interested.

That is a great starting 5, and all in Miami County. But 5 doesn't make a league, and wouldn't entice MU away from the SWBL or TC from the MBC.

-Many schools were contacted, most were not interested. Some might have been better fits (Ft Loramie, Greenon, Brookville) but if they don't want in, what can you do? It didn't help that many local schools are already in the CCC and part of the reason this league was forming.

Northridge was looking at a SWBL without MU, Dixie, and Preble. They almost had to take this chance! They have great facilities and are an easy drive down 75.

Lehman and Riverside were both ready to leave the NWCC. While Riverside is a bit further, it's really only 15 miles east of Sidney. The choice seems to be take those 2 from the NWCC or not have a league. Easy decision.

I'll agree If we all got to pick our perfect league we may have forced a few different schools to accept our way! We don't get to do that. And what league have you seen that doesn't have at least one long drive?!

I don't think it's a secret how Riverside and Northridge ended up in this league.
- Miami East, Bethel, and Covington were essentially booted from the CCC. They needed something!
- They contacted Milton-Union, who was interested.
- Then Troy Christian, who was interested.

That is a great starting 5, and all in Miami County. But 5 doesn't make a league, and wouldn't entice MU away from the SWBL or TC from the MBC.

-Many schools were contacted, most were not interested. Some might have been better fits (Ft Loramie, Greenon, Brookville) but if they don't want in, what can you do? It didn't help that many local schools are already in the CCC and part of the reason this league was forming.

Northridge was looking at a SWBL without MU, Dixie, and Preble. They almost had to take this chance! They have great facilities and are an easy drive down 75.

Lehman and Riverside were both ready to leave the NWCC. While Riverside is a bit further, it's really only 15 miles east of Sidney. The choice seems to be take those 2 from the NWCC or not have a league. Easy decision.

I'll agree If we all got to pick our perfect league we may have forced a few different schools to accept our way! We don't get to do that. And what league have you seen that doesn't have at least one long drive?!
i agree. i think starting out its an alright league with the circumstances, but i do not think it is sustainable. loramie will eventually get tired of being independent

I don't think Loramie has anything to do with the sustainability of this league.
Lehman is the only current threat, based on low numbers. Bethel outgrowing the league could end up a problem, but that's a ways down the road.

I don't think Loramie has anything to do with the sustainability of this league.
Lehman is the only current threat, based on low numbers. Bethel outgrowing the league could end up a problem, but that's a ways down the road.
I watched North Union scrimmage Riverside this past Friday and the Pirates only had about 26 players.

i think Loramie needs this league and this league needs loramie. i don’t think bethel outgrows it for another 15-20 years so that’s a non issue. riverside and lehman were essentially throw ins to get the league to work. i don’t think they will be there long term. only way loramie gets into the mac is if parkway leaves. other than that, i don’t think it will be that long until they recieve an invitation in some capacity to the TRC (they did at first) but i just don’t understand why they decided to stay in the SCAL

i think Loramie needs this league and this league needs loramie. i don’t think bethel outgrows it for another 15-20 years so that’s a non issue. riverside and lehman were essentially throw ins to get the league to work. i don’t think they will be there long term. only way loramie gets into the mac is if parkway leaves. other than that, i don’t think it will be that long until they recieve an invitation in some capacity to the TRC (they did at first) but i just don’t understand why they decided to stay in the SCAL

The SCAL is a great league for all sports except Football. Furthest drive is probably around 30min. Great crowds and probably a history or close to 80 or more years playing in the SCAL

The SCAL is a great league for all sports except Football. Furthest drive is probably around 30min. Great crowds and probably a history or close to 80 or more years playing in the SCAL
i 100% agree with you about that. but they need to do something for football

I can't see Loramie ever leaving the SCAL for anything but maybe the MAC. The history and geographic proximity with all of the other schools make being independent in football tolerable. There's no way they're chucking aside SCAL boys and girls basketball to have a TRC football schedule.

I can't see Loramie ever leaving the SCAL for anything but maybe the MAC. The history and geographic proximity with all of the other schools make being independent in football tolerable. There's no way they're chucking aside SCAL boys and girls basketball to have a TRC football schedule.
whenever parkway leaves the mac, i think they’re in. the mac is the best small school league in ohio. sure, they have rivalries in the scal. but i don’t think they could pass up the mac

I agree with the 2 posts above this. Fort Loramie is just buying time until they can join the MAC. That is the only conference that they would potentially leave the SCAL for.