Neutral playoff game sites

exit322

Is there a list of sites that have volunteered to host neutral site games? I don't recall there being one in past years, but that doesn't mean I didn't miss it.

Edit - Department of Redundancy Department posting in the title

Is there a list of sites that have volunteered to host neutral site games? I don't recall there being one in past years, but that doesn't mean I didn't miss it.

Doubtful. As it's really up to the week. Now that everything is on Friday, it's going to be interesting to see which schools are willing to a host a game when their team may still be playing elsewhere at the same time. This was a pretty common thing previously.

I hope Mason and Princeton if one Team makes it they will Play at the other location. Hopefully Not Welcome Stadium!!

I hope Mason and Princeton if one Team makes it they will Play at the other location. Hopefully Not Welcome Stadium!!
Is Welcome, DPS, still on probation for hosting? Really, its not a bad place, easy in/out, ample seating and good parking. Though the venue is "cold" (no character) and the people that run the thing act as if they could care less, it does the job.

First round has been home team since at least the 1980's. Neutral after that until they added bogus 16 teams in the playoffs and now higher seed gets 2.

First round has been home team since at least the 1980's. Neutral after that until they added bogus 16 teams in the playoffs and now higher seed gets 2.
I don't think that is correct...1988 Lake played Beechcroft at Mt Vernon first round, 1990 played West Branch at Jackson first round, 1991 played Louisville at Jackson first round, 1993 played Louisville at North Canton first round, 1994 played Buckeye Local at Fitch first round, 1996 played Springfield at Barberton first round, 1997 played Springfield at Fawcett first round, 1998 played East Liverpool at Boardman, 1999 played Beechcroft at Blue Streak Stadium...from then on the higher seed had the home field in the first round

Not correct. In ‘99 when the playoffs expanded to 8 teams per region is when they started having the 1st round hosted by the higher seeded team. Up until then with only 4 teams per region of the first round was neutral site

I don't think that is correct...1988 Lake played Beechcroft at Mt Vernon first round, 1990 played West Branch at Jackson first round, 1991 played Louisville at Jackson first round, 1993 played Louisville at North Canton first round, 1994 played Buckeye Local at Fitch first round, 1996 played Springfield at Barberton first round, 1997 played Springfield at Fawcett first round, 1998 played East Liverpool at Boardman, 1999 played Beechcroft at Blue Streak Stadium...from then on the higher seed had the home field in the first round
1999 is 100% correct. That was the first year the playoffs were expanded to 8 teams per region. Top 4 seeds hosted.

1985: Troy hosted Toledo CCHS in a 1st round game @ Troy. Also in 1985, Toledo DeVilbiss hosted Galion @ Toledo Waite.
1986: Toledo Whitmer hosted Troy in the 1st round at Whitner.
1987: Toledo CCHS hosted Whitmer @ U of Toledo.

Is Welcome, DPS, still on probation for hosting? Really, its not a bad place, easy in/out, ample seating and good parking. Though the venue is "cold" (no character) and the people that run the thing act as if they could care less, it does the job.
They are hosting the '24 State Track Meet so I am guessing they are off of probation.

The venues get smaller and smaller every year as OHSAA now only gives crumbs to host sites. They’ve inflated ticket prices and doubled the tournament participants while reducing what they pay out.

How many more years will I be driving past big empty beautiful taxpayer funded stadiums that are halfway between the two schools on the way to go to some joke of an aluminum afterthought goofy situation with no parking lot and an 8 lane track.

1985: Troy hosted Toledo CCHS in a 1st round game @ Troy. Also in 1985, Toledo DeVilbiss hosted Galion @ Toledo Waite.
1986: Toledo Whitmer hosted Troy in the 1st round at Whitner.
1987: Toledo CCHS hosted Whitmer @ U of Toledo.
If I remember what I read correctly, Page Stadium at DeVilbiss was condemned in the 80s (concrete stands) and then reopened shortly before the school closed in 1991. Either way, Waite's Mollenkopf Stadium always seemed eager to host football games.

The venues get smaller and smaller every year as OHSAA now only gives crumbs to host sites. They’ve inflated ticket prices and doubled the tournament participants while reducing what they pay out.
Yep.
How many more years will I be driving past big empty beautiful taxpayer funded stadiums that are halfway between the two schools on the way to go to some joke of an aluminum afterthought goofy situation with no parking lot and an 8 lane track.
That’s what’s happening now.

Not correct. In ‘99 when the playoffs expanded to 8 teams per region is when they started having the 1st round hosted by the higher seeded team. Up until then with only 4 teams per region of the first round was neutral site
In 1982 Steubenville Big Red Hosted Youngstown Mooney. 1983 they Hosted Ursuline. In 1984 Ursuline Hosted Big Red at YSU.

Since no one wants to host the State Finals very badly, how long will it be before even finding neutral site locations for lower round games that are willing to host becomes problematic?

Have any of the Licking County schools hosted as a neutral site? I know Newark has, and as far the league Zanesville has. Licking Heights is building a brand new 5000 capacity turf stadium.

Considering L2 points are your opponents wins, playing any better doesn't do much to help you. You rely on a team bad enough to lose to you to then win you points in the rest of their games.
Schedule better. And if you're in the mix for a later home game, do you really think a team has to be "bad" to lose to you? Massillon beat 8-1 St. Ed. Is St. Ed "bad"? St. Ed beat 9-1 Hoban. Is Hoban "bad"?