Moeller Softball Tournament

MoeGrad93

Cooling Off
Just curious if any Yappi posters play in the event or if you even know that it exists?

It is set to be played on July 1-2 at Chamberlain Park in Deer Park for those of you not familiar with the event.

It is one of the most poorly publicized Moeller events the school has but they put on a good tournament each year and it is always a good way to see old friends from high school.

I have played in the Moeller tournament for the past 3 summers. Our team consists entirely of 2002 graduates and we've advanced further each year we've played. Last year there was a good deal of controversy with one team who had maybe 2 moeller graduates if that and a bunch of losers who probably didn't have a GED. This particular team ended up in the finals with an average of at least one fight in every game along the way. Speaking of being poorly advertised, our team hasn't recieved one piece of information on the tournament this year when in years past we've gotten applications in late april... anyone know why?

I played in it a few years ago with Rick Naylor's team. And I had a blast. Great event, I go just to watch some games every year.

moeprep21 said:
I have played in the Moeller tournament for the past 3 summers. Our team consists entirely of 2002 graduates and we've advanced further each year we've played. Last year there was a good deal of controversy with one team who had maybe 2 moeller graduates if that and a bunch of losers who probably didn't have a GED. This particular team ended up in the finals with an average of at least one fight in every game along the way. Speaking of being poorly advertised, our team hasn't recieved one piece of information on the tournament this year when in years past we've gotten applications in late april... anyone know why?
Hard to guess who that team was..........

I called Mrs. Bauer in the Alumni Office and she said the registration info was being mailed today or tomorrow. She did say you have to have seven alums on the team roster and it was $150 a team. The date is July 1-2.