Milesplit Entries and just general questions

psycho_dad

We recently held a meet and did all the Registration with Milesplit. Set up Seated races and Shot. Was able to enter our seated athlete in the 4 events we set up, but they came through as just another entry in the 100, 400, 800 and shot. Had we not known it was our kid, and it had not put the races over the entry limits, there was no way of knowing he should be in the seated sections. What am I doing wrong here?

When posting heat sheets and info. What I pasted into the window is not what appeared in the upload. Spoke to others that had the same thing happening. Could clearly see what was in the window to be uploaded, but only the first line actually posted. Essentially a blank page with a header. Seemed to be a day to day thing as the same process yielded results just fine. My problem here is, how do you correct it once you post it and it's wrong? No way of knowing ahead of time if what you are posting when you hit return is what you are going to get. Probably works 99% of the time, but it did not work while we were trying to post the seeded heat sheets.

Small 4 team meet that allowed 2 relay teams per school and 4 entries per event. On the site, it was showing 8 relay teams entered per school, but it downloaded the entries correctly as only 2 teams per school.

When entering meets. I have had my seed times just vanish for relays. I have to double and triple check. Again, not sure why as it is not consistent. Just had one for this week where the meet manager said our 4x400 time did not come through. Also, when seeding our meet, I noticed a team without a seed time in the download for a relay when I had seen it in the posted entries on milesplit. Has anyone else had this happen? I assume I'm doing something wrong, but don't know how downloading entries and full rosters can be messed up on my end.

Small 4 team meet that allowed 2 relay teams per school and 4 entries per event. On the site, it was showing 8 relay teams entered per school, but it downloaded the entries correctly as only 2 teams per school.
I've seen this. It is annoying, but as you said it does not seem to be a problem when you download entries.

On the website, Milesplit seems to be showing the relay as entered for the number of legs that were included. So, if the coach puts 8 runners on the relay team (4 runners and 4 alternates), that team will show up in the online list 8 times.

I've seen this. It is annoying, but as you said it does not seem to be a problem when you download entries.

On the website, Milesplit seems to be showing the relay as entered for the number of legs that were included. So, if the coach puts 8 runners on the relay team (4 runners and 4 alternates), that team will show up in the online list 8 times.
Any idea what I'm setting up wrong with the seated athletes?

Any idea what I'm setting up wrong with the seated athletes?
Unfortunately, no. We don't have many (any?) seated athletes in my area. I always post on the pre-meet memo that coaches should email me if they do. If I ever get one, I intend to just create the event and enter the athlete manually. Or, more likely, I'll include him/her in the standard event since there is likely to be only the one.

When you set up milesplit setup a 2nd divison with just seated events in it. Call the division seated. setup your hytek with the second division and put those events in that division. It will put them all in correct events and when it exports it will show them as separate events since they are a separate division.

On the relay end it is a bug they are aware of with it showing multiples (and as you said they import fine). They are in the process of making the system accept an import file for results instead of the html files and something in the backend on that has caused it. Not sure about the times disappearing as I do not use it as a coach so not sure but I do know that I usually as a timer will update seed times before I download the file to make sure all marks are current.

When you set up milesplit setup a 2nd divison with just seated events in it. Call the division seated. setup your hytek with the second division and put those events in that division. It will put them all in correct events and when it exports it will show them as separate events since they are a separate division.
Perfect. Thanks.