McSurley out at Clinton Massie

1. 90% of the population choose a more expensive house, two/three cars, big screen TVs, new iphones every few years, a ton of Chinese shyte from Amazon/Target/Wal-Mart that they don't need, etc demanding both parents work vs prioritizing their children's education.
They don't choose more expensive things, things just are more expensive. Life, groceries demand that my wife and I both work, and I make good money. I have zero debt except for my mortgage. But there is no way we could make it without my wife working. Feeding 3 boys makes our grocery bill stupid high.
With the resources available on the internet today, anyone can home-school their children and do so much better than any government school - kids going to government schools for 6-8 hours a day is a joke. Homeschooling can be done in less than 4 hours a day. Ask Tim Tebow.
Yea, have the internet educate your kids. That'll work out great. Where has that been tried and failed..... oh yeah, Covid and everyone said what a disaster that was. If it was so easy to educate kids through the internet, then there'd be a huge teacher surplus, not a shortage.

3. Indoctrination
You know this isn't happening right? Are there some teachers that cross the line and give their opinions.... yes, there are people that are awful at their jobs in every profession. But teachers overwhelmingly are not indoctrinating kids, unless you count "be nice to each other" as indoctrination.

1. 90% of the population choose a more expensive house, two/three cars, big screen TVs, new iphones every few years, a ton of Chinese shyte from Amazon/Target/Wal-Mart that they don't need, etc demanding both parents work vs prioritizing their children's education.

2. With the resources available on the internet today, anyone can home-school their children and do so much better than any government school - kids going to government schools for 6-8 hours a day is a joke. Homeschooling can be done in less than 4 hours a day. Ask Tim Tebow.

3. Indoctrination
I agree education has gone down hill but do I think home schooling is the answer. Hell no, a high school education is what you make of it. Do you want to get away from the crap, then to me take AP classes. Also, it's the parents job to teach there kids don't listen to the . To me the problem is the parents that don't raise there kids right.

I think the greatest issue today is the huge disparity of some of these poor rural county schools as opposed to the affluent counties. I think it's kind of a double edge sword. The rich get richer and the poor become mean and nasty. An example would be Clinton Massie. Their athletic facility is pretty disgusting, but they're team would destroy the Warren county schools, even though they are four times smaller. What's sad is their community likes it that way and is the reason they'll never pass a levy.

They don't choose more expensive things, things just are more expensive. Life, groceries demand that my wife and I both work, and I make good money. I have zero debt except for my mortgage. But there is no way we could make it without my wife working. Feeding 3 boys makes our grocery bill stupid high.

Yea, have the internet educate your kids. That'll work out great. Where has that been tried and failed..... oh yeah, Covid and everyone said what a disaster that was. If it was so easy to educate kids through the internet, then there'd be a huge teacher surplus, not a shortage.

You know this isn't happening right? Are there some teachers that cross the line and give their opinions.... yes, there are people that are awful at their jobs in every profession. But teachers overwhelmingly are not indoctrinating kids, unless you count "be nice to each other" as indoctrination.

You are naïve

You are naïve
In what regard?

I think you are the naive one saying people don't need both parents to work and that schools are indoctrinating kids and homeschooling is the way to go.

I've never met a home schooled person that wasn't socially awkward and honestly completely clueless about how the world actually works. They are too sheltered.

Not saying it's impossible, I have never met one.

If homeschooling works for you, that's great. But don't call someone naive when you have absolutely nothing to go on except sound bites you get off others.

2. With the resources available on the internet today, anyone can home-school their children and do so much better than any government school - kids going to government schools for 6-8 hours a day is a joke. Homeschooling can be done in less than 4 hours a day. Ask Tim Tebow.

3. Indoctrination

I completely disagree with your assessment of #2 and please give me a personal example of you or any of your children or grandchildren being “Indoctrinated” at their respective public school.

The majority of the people having children shouldn’t be having kids. However you believe they could do a better job of teaching their kids in 4 hours a day because all they need to do is go out on the internet to figure it all out. Foolish, absolutely foolish.

In what regard?

I think you are the naive one saying people don't need both parents to work and that schools are indoctrinating kids and homeschooling is the way to go.

I've never met a home schooled person that wasn't socially awkward and honestly completely clueless about how the world actually works. They are too sheltered.

If homeschooling works for you, that's great. But don't call someone naive when you have absolutely nothing to go on except sound bites you get off others.
In my experience, the best home type of home schooling is when a collective group of families, usually a church based group, come together to share in the educational duties. The kids still socialize with other kids, different parents usually handle different subjects and they make an effort to get the kids out of their bedrooms and into small, classroom like settings. Where it seems to be less successful, is when parents sit their kids in front of a computer for 4 or 5 hours a day and they are doing more of what I would call online schooling than home schooling. Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of "home" schooled kids are participating in online classes that simply don't work for a lot of kids and lead to the social awkwardness you mentioned.

In my experience, the best home type of home schooling is when a collective group of families, usually a church based group, come together to share in the educational duties. The kids still socialize with other kids, different parents usually handle different subjects and they make an effort to get the kids out of their bedrooms and into small, classroom like settings.
Cool idea. I've never met anyone that's done something like this.

In what regard?

The only ones I have know were really high achievers. Those were in our local community. And where I grew up my dad in his retirement taught a group of home school kids music. There were a bunch of high achievers there too.

I think the greatest issue today is the huge disparity of some of these poor rural county schools as opposed to the affluent counties. I think it's kind of a double edge sword. The rich get richer and the poor become mean and nasty. An example would be Clinton Massie. Their athletic facility is pretty disgusting, but they're team would destroy the Warren county schools, even though they are four times smaller. What's sad is their community likes it that way and is the reason they'll never pass a levy.
Carslie 174 boys
Clinton Massie 209 boys
Fenwick 174 boys
Franklin 315 boys
Kings 564 boys
Lebanon 665 boys
Little Miami 668 boys
Loveland 493 boys
Mason 1335 boys
Springboro 763 boys
Waynesville 182 boys
What Warren county teams would they destroy..

Carslie 174 boys
Clinton Massie 209 boys
Fenwick 174 boys
Franklin 315 boys
Kings 564 boys
Lebanon 665 boys
Little Miami 668 boys
Loveland 493 boys
Mason 1335 boys
Springboro 763 boys
Waynesville 182 boys
What Warren county teams would they destroy..
Carlisle- by 70 if they wanted to
Fenwick- wouldn't destroy but would win most years
Franklin- by 50 if they wanted to
Kings- would be competitive but Kings wins most years
Lebanon- would be competitive, close to a split
Little Miami- Massie by 28 most years
Loveland- same as Lebanon
Mason- Mason should win this one every year, but Massie would win one here and there
Springboro- same as Mason
Waynesville- Massie wins most years, some years close, some years a blow out, Waynesville would win one occasionally.