Manchester @ Black River

TopCat

Thoughts on this match-up? Both teams have not performed as well as they were expected to, so far. Is this a "must win" game for both programs?

I don't know anything about the teams but, I was at BR Saturday and my GPS took me on dirt roads. I couldn't believe when my wife said the sign said "pavement ends in a 1/2 mile" lol scarry!!!

Both teams do need this game.

In one sense, Manchester needs it more because their remaining schedule looks to be more difficult with road trips to Indian Valley and CVCA (who also has a "do or die" game of their own on Friday with LaBrae who has also stumbled out of the gate in R13).

In another sense though, Black River needs this game more. Black River's 7 league opponents sit at 2-12 after 2 weeks, so they need a victory over someone who might finish above .500. Manchester's PAC opponents are 6-8 after 2 weeks, so there are some points available even if Manchester drops this game.

Both teams do need this game.

In one sense, Manchester needs it more because their remaining schedule looks to be more difficult with road trips to Indian Valley and CVCA (who also has a "do or die" game of their own on Friday with LaBrae who has also stumbled out of the gate in R13).

In another sense though, Black River needs this game more. Black River's 7 league opponents sit at 2-12 after 2 weeks, so they need a victory over someone who might finish above .500. Manchester's PAC opponents are 6-8 after 2 weeks, so there are some points available even if Manchester drops this game.

Excellent analysis, as usual.

Finally, the Panthers played up to potential. I know that Black River has some problems, but execution is a big part of the game, and the Panthers were executing efficiently. Peyakov was on the mark on nearly every pass. His receivers did drop a few, but also made some very tough, physical catches. Peyakov also mixed it up when it came to receiver selection. Robertson and Dukes had outstanding games at WR. The running game was clicking, and that opened up the passing game. There were a few lapses on defense in the second half, but I think I'd have to attribute that to guys wearing down. Execute like we saw last night, and this team could just as easily be 3-0 as opposed to 1-2. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Manchester runs the table in the PAC to go 8-2. But, they have to keep playing to this level or higher. I'm still worried about what they'll face from CVCA, IV, and Triway. We'll see, but for now we'll enjoy this victory. We needed it.