List of Ohio Natives who have won Super Bowls since 2000 NFL season

Worm02

Every Super Bowl champion since the 2000 NFL season has had at least one Ohio native on the roster. Here’s the complete list of 75 Ohio natives who have won Super Bowl rings since then.

I’ve always wondered if anyone but Mike Doss has won a National Championship in High-school, a National Championship in College, and a Super Bowl. I know the high school championship is not a true championship like the others it’s just a poll title, but it still seems nearly impossible that any other person would have been fortunate enough to be on that many great teams at the right time.

I’ve always wondered if anyone but Mike Doss has won a National Championship in High-school, a National Championship in College, and a Super Bowl. I know the high school championship is not a true championship like the others it’s just a poll title,

I would love that storm as the McKinley crowd is most vocal about Massillon's championships. No, Mike Doss did not win a high school championship because he played for the wrong team. Plenty of players have won NCs and Superbowls, he'll have to be happy with that distinction. Stinks to be him. :D

I would love that storm as the McKinley crowd is most vocal about Massillon's championships. No, Mike Doss did not win a high school championship because he played for the wrong team. Plenty of players have won NCs and Superbowls, he'll have to be happy with that distinction. Stinks to be him. :D
Thank you for your coherent answer. Your response is logical and well written and I appreciate that. If you could please explain to me how he was on the wrong team It would be greatly appreciated. He was on the 1997 and 1998 OHSAA D1 championship teams at Canton McKinley and the 1997 team was the team that was declared the USA Today national champions. I understand that poll championships are somewhat dubious , but none the less it is a fact that USA Today honored that team with that distinction. So my question still remains what if any other players were on teams that were considered the national champion at the high school, college , and professional levels?

How many Ohio High schools have had multiple players go on and win a Super Bow ? I know St. Henry had two with Jeff Hartings and Jim Lachey.

Off the top of my head just in the last few years Cleveland Hts. has had 3 alums win a Super Bowl with the Kelce Brothers and Shelton Gibson. I believe that Cleveland St. Joseph has had three. There may be one or two more schools with three. There are a few more that have had at least two.

I believe that Cleveland Glenville has had 5 different players make it to a Super Bowl but I think Frank Clark this past year with KC is the only one to win. To my knowledge Glenville's 5 different players on the roster of a Super Bowl team is the most of any Ohio HS.

Let me tell you guys that haven't been around these sports forums for less than 20+ years. YTOWN knows whereof he speaks. Always looked forward to a back and forth between YTOWN and other "Family" members on JJ years ago.

Warren Harding has four on Super Bowl rosters (one as a coach) by my count. Paul Warfield has two SB rings (Dolphins) and an NFL Championship (Browns), Bill Kollar has a SB ring as a coach (Broncos), Mario Manningham has a SB ring (Giants), and Antwuan Molden was on a SB roster (Patriots).

Warren Western Reserve has had only one on a SB roster in Ross Browner (Bengals), but six members of the Browner family have played in the NFL: Ross and son Max Starks (two SB rings with the Steelers), Keith and son Keith Jr, Joey, and Jimmy. The Browners are second in that regard only to the Mathews family who have seven NFL family members.

Let me tell you guys that haven't been around these sports forums for less than 20+ years. YTOWN knows whereof he speaks. Always looked forward to a back and forth between YTOWN and other "Family" members on JJ years ago.
Yes we had some great "discussions" there back in the day. There was a lot of great info in the archives too.

Warren Harding has four on Super Bowl rosters (one as a coach) by my count. Paul Warfield has two SB rings (Dolphins) and an NFL Championship (Browns), Bill Kollar has a SB ring as a coach (Broncos), Mario Manningham has a SB ring (Giants), and Antwuan Molden was on a SB roster (Patriots).

Warren Western Reserve has had only one on a SB roster in Ross Browner (Bengals), but six members of the Browner family have played in the NFL: Ross and son Max Starks (two SB rings with the Steelers), Keith and son Keith Jr, Joey, and Jimmy. The Browners are second in that regard only to the Mathews family who have seven NFL family members.

The Browners and Mathews clans may be the top two families in NFL history. At least 5 first round draft choices between them. I know Ross and Joey Browner were 1st rounders and I think Keith was the first pick in the 2nd round which at that time was about the 30th overall choice.